Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
jonha / Rez: Wont making a new UI.dll conflict with, well, pretty much any other core mod, like AwesomeMod, etc?

Yes, but you could integrate this one into Awesomemod for example, I think.

Btw: Does anybody know, why the attached package doesn't work? Clicking on the Icon does nothing. The XMLs should be OK although I'm not 100% sure, that all ControlIDs are unique, and I don't know how to debug the code. Either it crashes (this I have already fixed) or it does nothing.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test.zip (594.6 KB, 301 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
jonha / Rez: Wont making a new UI.dll conflict with, well, pretty much any other core mod, like AwesomeMod, etc?

For the most part, if we were to do a straight forward mod on UI.dll it would, without a doubt, be smacked around by the highlander rule.

But the what I've been working towards would link a separate instance of CAS with a new in-game object. From my examination of the dll files, we could create new UI tabs with out affecting the way sims are saved and loaded. In many ways, if we were to make an object that allows one to edit a sim with new sliders included in the new UI tab, Saving/Loading and Editing in Standard CAS would be just like loading up a shared sim without having custom sliders installed.

But if that doesn't pan out, Pescado mentioned that he was working on a new tool that could allow core mods to be merged.
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:27 AM
Ah, thank you~
I will give feedback asap.
:]
This is wonderful!
Test Subject
#79 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 1:53 AM
Worked great for me, I tried her in the game and everything was fine, as well as in the shower!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4082/screenshot245c.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2401/screenshot250w.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1362/screenshot247g.jpg

None of the increase slider mods work for me though, but I didn't seem to have any problems with anything else!
Test Subject
#80 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 5:19 AM
wow! thank you, I needed a hip size slider for my sim =)

Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You’re not taking him to a strip club, are you?
Test Subject
#81 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 7:17 AM
ur a genuis
Field Researcher
#82 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 7:30 AM
Just gave these a try, and for the most part they're great. Delphy's unfinished sliders obviously have some issues (being unfinished). I was HIGHLY amused when I switched a female who had a large amount of adjustments into a male and discovered that his head was gone.

Anyway, GREATLY appreciative for all the great work being done here!
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:50 AM
Aree, you have probably installed to many sliders.

With the new patch (and without S3Z's mod), you can only install 2 custom sliders in the head area and only 8 in the Mouth area.
Test Subject
#84 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:59 AM
Awesome!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my Sims fanatic heart!

Alina
Field Researcher
#85 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:11 PM
Actually, I'm using awesome mod, and I haven't installed the latest patch yet. I was just pointing out that Delphy's unfinished pelvis width mod is controlling the size of the head instead of the pelvis width in males. I realize those sliders aren't finished, I was just testing them. I don't know if the same problem exists with less sliders installed (I can try that later this week but I don't have the time now), but I found it amusing.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 3:02 PM
A Swedish translation :
-Breast size = Bröststorlek
-Waist size = Midjestorlek
-Hip size/pelvis width = höftstorlek
-Butt Size = stuss/rump-storlek
-Head Size = huvudstorlek

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 3:14 PM
Hey jonha, if I install this then later it have a update will I have any problems?
See, because of the new bugs and crashes that occoured to my game with the EP, I have to create a new one without running some old mods.
Test Subject
#88 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 3:37 PM
will this work with the new ep?
Scholar
Original Poster
#89 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkJS
Hey jonha, if I install this then later it have a update will I have any problems?

As with all updates, it's better to take them out before an update end then try to reinstall them after the update was successful.

On the other hand, these sliders shouldn't be a problem, at all, as they overwrite nothing of the game stuff, and I got reports, that they work fine with the ep. (I don't have it myself) The only problem as usual is the max slider limitation.

By the way: Thanks for everyone, wo send me translations! I now have translations to english, french, italian, brazilian portuguese, german and swedish. They will be included in the next release.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
As with all updates, it's better to take them out before an update end then try to reinstall them after the update was successful.

On the other hand, these sliders shouldn't be a problem, at all, as they overwrite nothing of the game stuff, and I got reports, that they work fine with the ep. (I don't have it myself) The only problem as usual is the max slider limitation.

By the way: Thanks for everyone, wo send me translations! I now have translations to english, french, italian, brazilian portuguese, german and swedish. They will be included in the next release.

Oh thanks.

Can't wait for this next update
I started a new game now, without any mods, except for some skin replacers and hairs, so I'll wait for this new update to add it to my game.
This mod made a great evolution in the way the sims are created.

Thank you for the support and continue doing the great job! :D
Test Subject
#91 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 4:03 PM
Thank you!

Norwegian translation:
-Breast size = Bryststørrelse
-Waist size = Midjestørrelse
-Hip size/pelvis width = hoftestørrelse
-Butt Size = Rumpestørrelse
-Head Size = Hodestørrelse

OR

-Breast size = Bryststorleik
-Waist size = Midjestorleik
-Hip size/pelvis width = Hoftestorleik
-Butt Size = Rumpestorleik
-Head Size = Hovudstorleik

(We have 2 written languages in Norway. Use the latter if you don't have/want to use the letter "ø")
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gh0ul
(We have 2 written languages in Norway. Use the latter if you don't have/want to use the letter "ø")

Thank you. I have no problem with strange letters (Japanese translations anyone? ). Do you know, what "language" the rest of the game uses? Then I would use that, too, of course.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 4:49 PM
jonha, do you have any prevision the next update will be available?
If I download the one on the first post, when the next one comes, will it be any problems because of the UI you were talking about?
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkJS
jonha, do you have any prevision the next update will be available?

I already send the stuff to the mods to make this an "official" download. I think, I will update it, directly after it's up, but I don't know when this will be.

Quote:
If I download the one on the first post, when the next one comes, will it be any problems because of the UI you were talking about?

The UI won't be included in the next release and it will be in any case optional in the future.

Updating will be possible without problems although I have done little changes to the tuning values of the butt slider, so the butts may look a little different after updating. Apart from that there should be no issues.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#95 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 6:30 PM
Aree: Yup, that head issue in males is why they are unfinished It's very amusing though!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 8:22 PM
The sliders are truly AWESOME, have been using them for some days without any issues.

As a (very modest) contribution, here's a Russian translation of the sliders...

-Breast size = Размер груди
-Waist size = Ширина талии
-Hip size/pelvis width = Ширина бёдер
-Butt Size = Размер ягодиц
-Head Size = Размер головы

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 10:43 PM
Just a note that S3Z's MaxSliderIncrease EP1 mod is does not
work with todays patch from EA.
The game crashes before the loading screen even appears.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 10:52 PM
Quote:
will this work with the new ep?

I have the new EP installed and am using this mod. works great imo =)

~AL~

Quote:
Correction: I figured it out just after posting that. We had assigned the new button to the wrong parent class.

I'm uploading the fixed FacialDetails UI XML here. I moved the new button into the correct parent path, made the ControlID unique (I used 0x05db9c0d), and changed the Tooltip value string to "Ui/Tooltip/CAS/Facial:Body" with matching key.

I'm not sure how the STBL file is associated. With the file I attached, the tooltip does not appear, so there must be a way to associate a STBL.

When you are working in the core and referencing the control ID, remember to remove the leading zero; I've had problems compiling before when I left it in.

So do we need to have the sliders and this installed for the sliders to show up under the button? I installed it without the sliders and it didn't work but they showed up when I installed the first download link but I had taken the mod for button out.

(Creator Policy)
Please don't re-upload them to the exchange, paysites or TSR
May use them in Photos, story's & videos you plan to upload
Please credit me &/or link back
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alteysha
So do we need to have the sliders and this installed for the sliders to show up under the button? I installed it without the sliders and it didn't work but they showed up when I installed the first download link but I had taken the mod for button out.

No, the new button is an experimental project. The UI XML mod that you downloaded from my post makes a new button appear, but the button has no functionality, and in no way effects the functionality of any sliders. The sliders will appear in game and work for non-EP installations, but due to the EP adding new sliders, and one of the latest patches breaking some core mods--including the one that changes the slider limit--some sliders may malfunction or become non-funtional.

And to Jonha: I think once the sliders are released to the downloads section, it may be a good idea to request this thread to be locked and start a new thread for UI mod project. That way, it would prevent confusion and separate the two projects.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rez Delnava
No, the new button is an experimental project. The UI XML mod that you downloaded from my post makes a new button appear, but the button has no functionality, and in no way effects the functionality of any sliders. The sliders will appear in game and work for non-EP installations, but due to the EP adding new sliders, and one of the latest patches breaking some core mods--including the one that changes the slider limit--some sliders may malfunction or become non-funtional.

Thanks for answering me =3 at the moment I only have what I need installed, which is these sliders, Skin, eye and feet replacements, contacts which I'll probable take out as I don't use them and a few other mod hacks which were already updated or worked. All that aside at the moment the only sliders I have installed are these. I really hope they can get the button working but I can live without it if they can't =3 I wish luck to all those working on this and say a big THANK YOU! for the sliders

(Creator Policy)
Please don't re-upload them to the exchange, paysites or TSR
May use them in Photos, story's & videos you plan to upload
Please credit me &/or link back
Locked thread
Page 4 of 7