Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
Default Questions about building
I decided to start this discussion to hopefully clear up a few questions about building and perhaps get a better insight from those whom have learned to master building mode. While I'm not sure if this has been asked before or if this is the place to ask it, I figured it doesn't hurt to try.

So to start off I figured this would be a general question, just all around tips/shortcuts with the building tools. Such as I noticed that some of he pre made rooms or houses have rounded out counters. I have yet to figure out how to achieve this. Same goes for the cabinets that have the glass and you can see the dishes in them, I noticed when moving any section from either of these that they are just a normal counter/cabinet.

So my question is, is there some tricks and tips to build mode? Or are these only available within premade content?
Though my question can be put out there as a general question, I would love some input on any tips or ideas about the building mode. Been trying my hand at building and been finding some difficulties with a few things here and there and would love the opportunity to learn!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfofdragon
I decided to start this discussion to hopefully clear up a few questions about building and perhaps get a better insight from those whom have learned to master building mode. While I'm not sure if this has been asked before or if this is the place to ask it, I figured it doesn't hurt to try.

So to start off I figured this would be a general question, just all around tips/shortcuts with the building tools. Such as I noticed that some of he pre made rooms or houses have rounded out counters. I have yet to figure out how to achieve this. Same goes for the cabinets that have the glass and you can see the dishes in them, I noticed when moving any section from either of these that they are just a normal counter/cabinet.

So my question is, is there some tricks and tips to build mode? Or are these only available within premade content?
Though my question can be put out there as a general question, I would love some input on any tips or ideas about the building mode. Been trying my hand at building and been finding some difficulties with a few things here and there and would love the opportunity to learn!

You would probably want to look in the Create/Building Section for Sims 4 http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=703
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:54 AM
Moving to said forum (Create > Building).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfofdragon

About the rounded counters and the glass cabinets. When picking a counter or cabinet, you can click automatic placing off when clicking the colored stripes and then on the wrench or beside your Sims dollars on *Automatic counter/cabinet off. You then can choose which kind of counter of cabinet you want, including rounded counters and glass cabinets.
*(I'm Dutch so, I don't know if my translation of your game is right, but I think you will find the right place anyway)