Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM
Default Missing Objects
When I went into the house I am building this morning, about 7 pieces of furniture/deco and a door had mysteriously vanished. Has anyone else had this happen? There's no one living on the lot, I'm just building.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:20 PM
Have built two houses so far but didn't experience anything like that. Did you use the autosave or one of your own?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:05 AM
My saves. And the weird thing is, had saved>exited.re-entered before, and everything was there.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:14 PM
I did have this problem with 2 doors, but discovered that when I placed a plant near the door that was a bit to big, the doors dissapears. So in my case it was my own fault, but didn't saw them dissapear at the moment when I was placing the plants...
dodgy builder
#5 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
I did have this problem with 2 doors, but discovered that when I placed a plant near the door that was a bit to big, the doors dissapears. So in my case it was my own fault, but didn't saw them dissapear at the moment when I was placing the plants...

I had a similar problem when making a house, I don't know what caused it because I hadn't got to decorating yet. It almost looked like I had used moveobjects on and half the door was hidden, but that code isn't available yet to my knowledge. I didn't try saving looking like that.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie

Now that you point that out, there were plants that I had sized up next to everything that disappeared! Will have to remember that...
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
Now that you point that out, there were plants that I had sized up next to everything that disappeared! Will have to remember that...

Glad I helped you out with that then. I think it would be better if they made it so that if you're making objects bigger and it doesn't fit, it becomes red and you can't place it instead of deleting other objects.
Because your not always paying attention to the other already placed objects. But I still wonder how I didn't saw my 2 two-squares doors dissapear :P
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I had a similar problem when making a house, I don't know what caused it because I hadn't got to decorating yet. It almost looked like I had used moveobjects on and half the door was hidden, but that code isn't available yet to my knowledge. I didn't try saving looking like that.

I had this too while building and I discovered that it was because I had accidentally put a second two tiles wall "in" or "on" an existing wall. (I had dragged a wall where there already was an existing one). It was as if the game registered two walls in one place, so the window I placed there was showing the part of that other wall that it was half-placed on. I just went ahead and deleted the entire wall and replaced it and it was ok.
I don't know if trying to erase one wall in this instance will only erase one of them… I didn't think to try it at the time.

I'm missing moveobjects on like crazy though…
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:18 PM
I ran into this last night, actually. I still have no idea what caused it, but here is what I was doing: on the second floor of the house I had built and my sims were living in, I was re-decorating a room that was, previously, a nursery. However, little Avandar was now a child, and needed a real bed (we tried to cram him in the bassinet. It exploded.). Redoing that room, somehow, caused all of my gardening pots and plants on the first floor - outside - to disappear.
What the!
So I reloaded the save, changed the room again, and they disappeared a second time!
... ...

Hmph! But, all was not lost (thankfully, that was every garden plant I owned): In every occurrence of this oddity, the objects were placed in the Sim's household items section of buy/build. I've fiddled with deliberately making items disappear, and they always show up here - even items that exist in a deleted room, or a room you resize and make too small for, say, a very large rug, or items like cabinets that were up on a wall that you delete.
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM
I have had an experience where I changed the foundation on one of the porches and the door and windows would disappear. I have had objects disappear if I changed the size of a room or redo the walls. I think it is something glitchy with the game.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.