Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:48 PM
Sims 4: Can NPC Vampires Kill/Bite/Turn Your Sim Into A Vampire?
The title says it all, I'm just wondering if NPC vampires can bite, kill, or turn your sim into a vampire
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:57 PM
I know my sim has been bitten against their will during the "vampire tutorial" that happens during the first few days of a new save. But I've yet to have it happen after that. And I've logged hundreds, probably a thousand hours since getting Vampires.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:58 PM
Vlad will sometimes invade your home and bite a Sim, and occasionally an NPC vampire will invite a Sim over to their house and offer to turn them, but that's it.
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
This happened in my game (it's my video) : https://youtu.be/4Cc385-s8j8 -> my sim is getting bitten by a vampire
Had never played with vampires.

FFS, why is it Caleb of all the pre-mades? He gets a -50 moodlet for drinking without permission. Good job EA.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
FFS, why is it Caleb of all the pre-mades? He gets a -50 moodlet for drinking without permission. Good job EA.

never bitten by caleb, but vlad.
btw, in my game they always cancelled the action. They sneak into my front house and then stopped and leave again. Is this an issue or what?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 2:41 AM
What about...garlic? Can't it be left all over the house or something to ward off vampires, like some sort of a supernatural pest control?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
What about...garlic? Can't it be left all over the house or something to ward off vampires, like some sort of a supernatural pest control?

Yep. And put garlic into your playable Sim's inventory and vampires will leave them alone out in public. The private lot trait will keep them away from your houses. I also use this Anti-Vampire Door Mat by pickypikachu in my game. It uses the same tuning as garlic, so you don't have to have garlic hanging around everywhere if you want to keep a lot trait slot open.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 10:36 PM
No, vampires can't kill your sim but Tthere is a mod here about deep drinking killing sims and the extreme voilence mod to drain blood. And yes they can bite your sims. They can ask to turn to a vampire usually but I haven't encountered a time where the sim was turned into one against their will
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:16 AM
Of course because I WANT THIS it doesn't happen to me.
Theorist
#10 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:21 AM
I wonder if there's a way to tune it so it happens more frequently. I have vampire break-ins all the time, but they just wander around outside for a few hours. when they DO come in they eat my food, sometimes throw up, then disappear :\
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I wonder if there's a way to tune it so it happens more frequently. I have vampire break-ins all the time, but they just wander around outside for a few hours. when they DO come in they eat my food, sometimes throw up, then disappear :\

I always have them walk up to the door of the apartment, then apparently remember that a more powerful vampire lives there, and bail.