Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 6:30 AM Last edited by jngyslate : 10th Jun 2017 at 8:00 AM.
Default This game is still so glitchy. It is annoying.
Im posting this here because right now I dont feel like making an account on an official sims website to let them know some of the things that are still wrong with the game.

During the Welcome Wagon (your neighbors come to meet you when you are new to the neighborhood) I ended the event early (which should send everyone that came with the welcome wagon home) and started talking to Travis so that he would stay. A different sim that was a part of the welcome wagon left. But Summer Holliday would not leave. And im pretty sure she wasnt just a random person coming to my house, she had been a part of the Welcome Wagon. She then proceeded to come into my house and hang out until she felt like leaving. I had no option to say goodbye to her.

Some guests do not have the option to say goodbye to them. This is completely separate from the welcome wagon problem. I wanted to say goodbye to someone, had no option to say goodbye to them, so I went to bed and the person walked into my house and hung out inside of my house for a while.

When going to greet a guest, once my sim didnt open the door to greet the person, she just talked with them through the front door of her house..... I just started playing this again after a few months of playing, I think this will probably occur again.

I tried to fire the nanny. The nanny took money for her services, left (after i supposedly fired her) and then she returned an hour or two later. With the option to fire her still there. She just walked inside my house after supposedly firing her. And why is there no option to see how much the nannys services cost?

An option having to do with my baby (i think it was changing her diaper) disappeared. A white bubble remained, and I could still do the interaction, but there was no text on the interaction.

To me, these dont seem like big things. They seem like they could be corrected easily. Some/most of these things are immersion breaking. Will add to this list as problems occur.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:35 PM
Do you happens to play with mods? I always have options to Ask to Leave and firing nannies is a non-issue for me. So I'm wondering if your problems is an outdated mods problems.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 3:37 PM
Yeah, I think especially the white baloon is mod-related?
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:59 PM
Weird. I've got a few issues I'm trying to work out:

1) teens obsessively trying to wash dishes that don't exist

2) everyone checking parenting forums obsessively even those who do not have kids. My sim is already level 2 parent but no kids! I just delete his negative buffs.

3) visiting guests go jogging. This one is probably due to cc so I'm trying to make sure everything is up to date. Think I can figure it out?? Nope!!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 5:07 PM
^I also have all of these things. My teens will queue an action and stand in front of every sink in the house one by one, even the ones in the bathroom to wash invisible dishes.
Even sims with high parenting (noticed on level 9 and 10 sims) will get angry/embarrassed buffs from checking parenting forums and they check it constantly. No one is safe!

They also donate every time I turn my back. I thought only Good sims could donate to charity. Now I've got 4 people shelling out my hard earned cash, nice.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
^I also have all of these things. My teens will queue an action and stand in front of every sink in the house one by one, even the ones in the bathroom to wash invisible dishes.
Even sims with high parenting (noticed on level 9 and 10 sims) will get angry/embarrassed buffs from checking parenting forums and they check it constantly. No one is safe!

They also donate every time I turn my back. I thought only Good sims could donate to charity. Now I've got 4 people shelling out my hard earned cash, nice.

OH the donation one enrages me. I don't think teens should be able to do that with their parents money, and I was playing an orphan teen who only had about 3000$ and he went and donated 1000$ I was sooooo irritated with that! Literally wtf little man, wtf!

So your sims are jogging too? Drives me nuts!

Also, whats with the disagree curmudgeon again? You disagree over glitches? REALLY? ALL Sims games/video games get glitches jeez louise
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Weird. I've got a few issues I'm trying to work out:

1) teens obsessively trying to wash dishes that don't exist

2) everyone checking parenting forums obsessively even those who do not have kids. My sim is already level 2 parent but no kids! I just delete his negative buffs.

3) visiting guests go jogging. This one is probably due to cc so I'm trying to make sure everything is up to date. Think I can figure it out?? Nope!!

I've got the last 2 bugs also, the parenting forums really bug me when my guy hasn't even gotten married yet. The jogging one also is annoying. I HATE the new save function also, either I don't know how to save anymore or the save as function over writes my last save every time. wish they would have just left the save function alone.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:40 PM
Yeah, Had a restaurant and the only server would come to work, change outfits then jog away when orders started being finished. EVERYTIME I opened the restaurant.

Just yesterday my sim invited his adult kids to the house, they spawned and i told him to give one of them a hug. The son immediately switched to athletic and jogged away. Not even a goodbye
He came back a while later though, as did the server, lol.

I really want to know whats behind that.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 10:28 PM
None of this is happening to me. Do you think it may be a mod? I have minimal mods in my game. No MC or anything that changes behavior.
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 11:33 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 11th Jun 2017 at 12:17 AM.
It probably is a mod but my god to isolate which one it is? I've been updating all of mine and removed quite a few.

Yeah, Had a restaurant and the only server would come to work, change outfits then jog away when orders started being finished. EVERYTIME I opened the restaurant.

Just yesterday my sim invited his adult kids to the house, they spawned and i told him to give one of them a hug. The son immediately switched to athletic and jogged away. Not even a goodbye
He came back a while later though, as did the server, lol.

I really want to know whats behind that.

What if I compiled a list of my mods and you did the same and we compared to see what we have in common that it might be? Mods only, not custom content(Clothing, hair, objects ect).
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:35 AM
Uh if you have the teens keep washing dishes (that dont exist) glitch, report "me too" here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ing/m-p/6097961
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:56 AM
Some of those replies are so terrible (like the restaurant one) did they NOT test this before release?

Oh sure.
I turned the annoying pushups off with MCCC maybe they're trying to let off some steam!
I can't fathom it's any of my mods, but anything can be broken by the smallest thing, or so i've learned.
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:31 AM
Another problem I've had lately is this ONE family is getting sick daily. DAILY. It's driven me so bloody insane I've done something I rarely will ever do: Cheat to add a trait: Immunity.

Most of my mods are to stop annoying behaviours, no auto serenade, for example. I have a few modded items too, but they've all been updated.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 9:05 AM
My biggest issue with it is how the game CONSTANTLY kills my interactions, especially interactions with other sims. It just drops them randomly, either because the other sim decided to walk to the other side of the room for no reason at all, or because they try to multi-task and realize they can't. Sometimes they just drop or freeze for no reason at all.

Since 1.29 I've also been having this weird issue where if I try to get two sims to smash om the bed in an apartment they walk off into the elevator and get stuck in transition mode, as if they were in a rabbit hole.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:12 AM
I only have issue the first bug that spidergirl79 listed, and I never encountered vampire breaking-in. Other than that, the game runs fine on me.
I used MCCC only.
Scholar
#17 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:09 PM
Don't forget you can repair your game in origin and also resetting your folder can help too. I might just do that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:12 AM
I can't fathom it's any of my mods, but anything can be broken by the smallest thing, or so i've learned.

I think that this is the problem. It appears that just a few mods can cause really annoying glitches. And I only have a few mods. These are the mods that I have.

-That MC Controller mod
-All paintings replaced
-More sims on different Lots
-Dr Chillgoods Faster Eating
-Faster Sim Spawning (on lots)
-Ingredients required for meals
-Working alarm Clocks
-Smarter baby care
-Toddler update (i dont know what this is)
-Less musical chairs (keeps sims from moving around so much when youre talking to one of them/a group of them)
-Simulation lag fix (not totally sure what this one is either)
-Talk after Woohoo
-Woohoo acceptance animation replaced

I saw from a post in this topic that game updates can break mods. But I barely have any mods. If I have to "update my mods" after every game update, that is ridiculous. Moat of the ones that I have are probably already the updated versions. Im done with this game now anyway. It is boring. EA really screwed the pooch on this one. Probably back to The Sims 3 for me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:18 AM
Another thing that really gets on my nerves, the "mood" thing was just added because the game is lacking in real fun. My sim goes to "research" her job for a few hours for a promotion (every day, because there is NOTHING else to do in this game), and while doing it, she becomes "focused!" with a musical accompaniment! And then she has a stupid look on her face on her image on the left side of the screen for the next two hours. Thats not real life. Thats not fun.

I learn cooking skills WAY too quickly. After cooking my first meal ever, I am about halfway to cooking level 3. (I had already read up to cooking level 2 from a cooking book before I started cooking.) Learning skills is a part of the game, why did they rush it and make it happen so fast? You are edging out game components. Not that the game is fun anyway. I know that there are mods to fix this, but having slower skill building should have come standard with the game.

STILL no place to go buy food at. And there probably never will be. Everything is MAGICALLY in the fridge! So WEIRD AND ZANY. Our sims dont have personalities and the game is not fun, lets just call it "weird and zany".

Why is my neighbor travis that I just met about an hour ago willing to get me pregnant? Not just have a roll around in the bed, but he has no problem getting me pregnant. I barely know this man. The horror.
Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:32 PM Last edited by aparkison : 23rd Jun 2017 at 3:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jngyslate
I think that this is the problem. It appears that just a few mods can cause really annoying glitches. And I only have a few mods. These are the mods that I have.

-That MC Controller mod
-All paintings replaced
-More sims on different Lots
-Dr Chillgoods Faster Eating
-Faster Sim Spawning (on lots)
-Ingredients required for meals
-Working alarm Clocks
-Smarter baby care
-Toddler update (i dont know what this is)
-Less musical chairs (keeps sims from moving around so much when youre talking to one of them/a group of them)
-Simulation lag fix (not totally sure what this one is either)
-Talk after Woohoo
-Woohoo acceptance animation replaced

I saw from a post in this topic that game updates can break mods. But I barely have any mods. If I have to "update my mods" after every game update, that is ridiculous. Moat of the ones that I have are probably already the updated versions. Im done with this game now anyway. It is boring. EA really screwed the pooch on this one. Probably back to The Sims 3 for me

If you're running the latest patch, I know Simulation Lag fix is broken. And I wouldn't be running Dr. Chillgood's mods, since he's only been back long enough for the toddler update. Overall, you know you really shouldn't be using outdated mods. Plus we had to update mods every patch in Sims 3, so it's not like this isn't a new thing by any means. If people can't be bothered to take care of their game and keep their mods updated, I have to question why they're using mods in the first place. Not to mention that patches breaking mods is not limited to only the Sims. It happens with all games.

Edit: To oblivion with you, damn disagree fairy. If you want a borked game, then run outdated mods. They need to remove these stupid agree/disagree buttons. At least troll with some class and say what you think instead of clicking a button.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
If you're running the latest patch, I know Simulation Lag fix is broken. And I wouldn't be running Dr. Chillgood's mods, since he's only been back long enough for the toddler update. Overall, you know you really shouldn't be using outdated mods. Plus we had to update mods every patch in Sims 3, so it's not like this isn't a new thing by any means. If people can't be bothered to take care of their game and keep their mods updated, I have to question why they're using mods in the first place. Not to mention that patches breaking mods is not limited to only the Sims. It happens with all games.

Edit: To oblivion with you, damn disagree fairy. If you want a borked game, then run outdated mods. They need to remove these stupid agree/disagree buttons. At least troll with some class and say what you think instead of clicking a button.

I agree that we should not be using outdated mods, and thank you for telling me two of mine that are outdated. But as I mentioned earlier, for me the game is just not fun. I am done with it lolz.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:36 AM
Why did you install mods you didn't know the purpose of?
That's dangerous for any game you can mod.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
OH the donation one enrages me. I don't think teens should be able to do that with their parents money, and I was playing an orphan teen who only had about 3000$ and he went and donated 1000$ I was sooooo irritated with that! Literally wtf little man, wtf!

So your sims are jogging too? Drives me nuts!

Also, whats with the disagree curmudgeon again? You disagree over glitches? REALLY? ALL Sims games/video games get glitches jeez louise

Have you had any luck finding the jogging bug? I have tried everything and still have the damn thing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 7:53 AM
Why did you install mods you didn't know the purpose of?
That's dangerous for any game you can mod.

I knew the purpose of all of my mods when I installed them. But I installed some of them more than a year ago, so I have forgotten what some of them do.
Theorist
#25 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jngyslate
I knew the purpose of all of my mods when I installed them. But I installed some of them more than a year ago, so I have forgotten what some of them do. The lengths that some of you guys will go to to try and justify this garbage game is funny lol.

How are ANY of your mods still working after a year? Like even a single one?