Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Abulph : 9th Aug 2017 at 7:41 PM. Reason: New Fix
Default Widescreen Hack, Need Testers/Helpers
Greetings, everyone!
I recently saw a video of someone who created a widescreen hack for the sims 1 without the issues like a messed up ui that doesn't update, so I decided to replicate it. It's already a magnitude more playable than just the hex edit, but not as good as the video I watched (yet!) Here is what I have so far:

* UI ingame updates correctly now (1920x1080 only)
* Neighborhood screens in magictown, downtown, and studiotown function correctly (1920x1080 only)

That's it so far. I know it doesn't seem like alot, but the UI issue was 90 percent of the problem for me. If anyone wants to try it out or help me with this project please ask below! Thanks!

Edit: New fix! Now all neighborhood screens work correctly! (1920x1080)

Edit 2: Since all neighborhoods work now, I've decided to release it to everyone. You can find the download with instructions and examples here.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:15 AM
I need 1366x768... well I guess I'll have to live with the windowed mode

Or to wait for that The Sims reimplementation project, Simitone