Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:29 AM
Default Salvadorado for The Sims 3 - want to help build it?
The recent release of Sims 4 Jungle Adventure prompted me to reinstall the Sims 3 to play the World Adventures pack. I was thinking about how cool it'd be to have a jungle themed world with tombs to explore in the Sims 3, since the gameplay is so much more rewarding than the Sims 4 (it's all just click a few statues and sometimes guess the answer, no problem solving or puzzles whatsoever). Then I saw aroundthesims had converted a bunch of the jungle and temple objects from Jungle Adventure for the Sims 3, including functioning tomb objects like the chest, moving statue and floor switch. Perfect!

I'd love to design some tombs and build some cool Omiscan temples and ruins, but it'd be even better to make a world to go with it. However I don't have the computing power to run CAW. I barely have enough power to run the Sims 3 with a couple of expansions.

So here's my proposition. I'd love to get a group together to make a world, complete with tombs, ideally for use as a destination world (I believe there are mods which make that possible). I don't have the computing power, the skills or the patience to undertake this alone.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in forming a creator group to make this a reality. I can build lots (including tombs) and would love sharing ideas. We'd need other builders and people who can run and use CAW (or who can learn how to use it).

Anyone up for a challenge?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 12:49 PM
Sure. My computer is more than powerful enough to run CAW, but that hasn't stopped it from refusing to run it anyway. So while I can't help you on that I'll be happy to build lots or whatever it is that may be needed.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:33 PM
I think this is a good idea, but hate to say this. I have seen so many projects like this start and fail. Or most often, nobody will do the world as it can take months to years to make a good world. Unless you find someone who is super excited to have this world and spend tons of time working on it, which is a long shot, this probably will not happen.

Hope I am wrong, but this is what I have seen from many requests similar to this.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:45 PM
Absolutely, and this isn't the first TS4 world people have been meaning to recreate in TS3. I think they're all good ideas but building an entire world is no short-term project.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:31 AM
I think folks that do not do CAW do not fully understand how much time it takes to make a world that is at all well done. I have seen very few group projects work and normally they have started with someone who wants to build a world and then sees if anyone wants to do lots. I have seen only one world done as a request that I can recall and that was years ago at TSR and it was done as the world builder really wanted that world also. And the ironic thing is folks spent about a year working on it, and then the person who requested it in the first place was long gone.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 12:41 AM
If I had even the slightest ability to use CAW, I'd gladly sign up to work on the project.

---

@daisylee

Can you direct me to that world? I'm curious about seeing it.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 1:22 AM
The one that was requested and then the person was long gone? I do not even remember the name as it was years ago. All I remember is that it was a Baja California theme. Several worlds were done at the creator's consortium where AL did the world and folks did lots.