Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 3:55 PM Last edited by terula8 : 6th Apr 2018 at 10:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim is stuck in a loop at the beginning of the second trimester
For some reason, my townie LaShawn Cameron is stuck in an unfixable loop where she 'pops' into the second trimester of her pregnancy over and over again.

I've googled this and tried changing clothes, tried fixing her with the batbox and removing the pregwearanyoutfit mod I had (I'd never had a problem with it before, but I figured it was worth a shot). I've also tried deleting her and reloading. I have nosimloaded, and it hasn't fixed her either. She's pregnant for one of my custom sims so I don't think it's a face template issue (I use MeetMeToTheRiver's clean templates).

I'll try to force errors on her with boolprop to see if I can figure out specifically what's wrong, and then the next step will be to remove my cc (again. <deep sigh>). As I'm traveling and away from my desktop for the next few days though, I wanted to see if I could figure out what might be happening before I start the 50/50 - to potentially spare myself some irritation. I've never encountered this issue before so my theory is that it's some new mod I've added that's interfering... I just have no idea what it might be. Has anyone else had this problem?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 4:05 PM
Like you said, it is probably one of your new mods, so sort by date and put them aside, test and see.
This is what I just did myself, though my issue was different.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 6:13 PM
It might be a stuck pregnancy token though I'd try finding out if it's a mod first.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It might be a stuck pregnancy token though I'd try finding out if it's a mod first.

Thanks Maxon - it probably is something to do with tokens, it's just odd because I've never encountered this particular problem before.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 6:53 PM
If all else fails, move them out and then back in again. It's a pain, but it often fixes things if it's not a corrupt piece of cc or mod conflict.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 7:54 AM
I don't think that townies are supposed to move along in pregnancy at all. You could try making her playable and see if that fixes it. Last resort might be to abort the pregnancy and reimpregnate her.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't think that townies are supposed to move along in pregnancy at all. You could try making her playable and see if that fixes it. Last resort might be to abort the pregnancy and reimpregnate her.

They're not.

Why is your townie pregnant? Move her in then continue the pregnancy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 10:07 AM
I had the same issue with Benjamin Long after his alien abduction, when I'd moved him into the orphanage to give birth. I think I had to cancel the pregnancy and then re-impregnate him. The InSimenator lets you manually push up the trimesters so at least she won't have to go through morning sickness again. If she was still a townie when she'd become pregnant, I wonder if that could somehow be a common factor?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:06 PM Last edited by terula8 : 6th Apr 2018 at 10:56 PM.
Thanks for the help guys - LaShawn is actually playable already, but that's a fair point Ihate - she might have gotten borked because I'd only made her selectable (I have ACR so that took care of the rest) when she got pregnant. I then made her playable with the batbox, then reloaded the lot and... ah. I think I'm starting to see where things went a little sideways... anyway, she's fully playable right now, and on her own lot, but just stuck. My fault for calling her a townie.

Edit:

The problem's been solved, although I lost the twins she was pregnant with unfortunately. The issue was most definitely with the pregnancy token, and I suspect it was caused by me making her playable with the batbox while she was already selectable/pregnant thanks to the teleporter cat. <deep sigh>. Despite having played for nearly 10 years I still bork things occasionally. Funny enough though, she called over Talin Depiesse and got pregnant for him nearly immediately after I sorted everything out (I forced errors on her using Boolprop and then just terminated the pregnancy once I realised it wasn't my cc.)