Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#801 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Mar 2017 at 8:20 PM.
I hope there won't be any issues as well!

Because in my first test where I attached Emerald Heights to Strangetown -- Knight was pregnant with PT. Yeah, no issues!
However, then I attached it to another neighborhood which I created afterwards and then the father ended up being the Therapist.

Gosh! Even PT's children are prettier than Therapist's.

On a side note: I've also been working on the Apartment Life version. So far, I've converted all the pretend apartment lots into real ones. Oh and the Rotspatzes are witches in the AL version.
I'll also upload that version soon...
I must admit though that I wasn't careful enough to avoid the landlady NPC from being generated. There are none of the apartment resident townies but a landlady.
I've made-over her and changed her genetics, so she doesn't look like regular NPCs.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#802 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:28 PM
@Jawusa It's fine! Don't worry! Love her facial features. Looks quite unique to me, so hopefully downloaders shouldn't really have a problem with one NPC that got created by accident. :O

And about Knight, we'll just have to point out in the description that they need to make sure that the Parent ID is/should be set correctly to the PT.
Mad Poster
#803 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:56 PM
As I recall, the conclusion when this problem turned up while building Meadow Creek was that any time an alien pregnancy was ongoing in a subhood there was a risk of this, and that a player warning and instructions for changing the pregnancy controller was all that could be done. Some things you just can't fix without the source code.

At least in this case the father's unlikely to be a dog. I suppose Mrs. Crumplebottom is still a risk.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#804 Old 25th May 2017 at 8:25 AM
Oh, it's OK! Thanks.

By the way, Emerald Heights is almost ready... it's just that I still have to fix some bugs here and there but never have the time for that!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#805 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:26 PM
@Jawusa That's nice to hear. And don't worry, we're all busy with things here and there, so there's no rush at this point.
Trainee Moderator
#806 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:30 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th May 2017 at 9:35 PM.
... And here they are finally! All the versions we wanted to do. All fixed and cleaned!
I think and hope all the bugs have been fixed and there are no other bugs in the neighborhood other than the "wrong father ID thing" in alien pregnancies... which is only true for subhoods anyway.
The pretend apartment lots are all already converted as real apartment lots in the AL version of the neighborhood. However, I haven't tested out the lots as apartment lots yet. But I wouldn't expect any new issues if they weren't in the normal version. So...

Emerald Heights as a Main Hood With Sims - BG Compatible
Emerald Heights as a Main Hood Without Sims - BG Compatible
Emerald Heights as a Main Hood With Sims - Requires AL
Emerald Heights as a Main Hood Without Sims - Requires AL

Emerald Heights as a Downtown Subhood With Sims - Requires NL
Emerald Heights as a Downtown Subhood Without Sims - Requires NL
Emerald Heights as a Downtown Subhood With Sims - Requires NL & AL
Emerald Heights as a Downtown Subhood Without Sims - Requires NL & AL

As far as I can tell, these versions are the final versions. Now, only the upload thread for Emerald Heights has to be created and it's ready to be reviewed for moderation.
However, I won't be able to do anything until the 12th of June. That's when the deadline is for turning in term papers (which I still haven't begun writing... )

But after the 12th of June, I'm finished for the year. No other exams then.
... But I already know that I won't pass the final exam My major (maths & physics) is just too difficult for that. Next year, I'll most likely change my major... if I even manage to pass it somehow!
Screenshots

My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#807 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:17 PM
Are you going to prepare a thread in Creator Issues then?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
#808 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:36 PM
Yes, I've already begun with it some time back but it's far from finished.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#809 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:28 PM
It may interest y'all to know that some people are already playing this. https://grimbunnies.tumblr.com/ has it attached to Widespot and has already done some interesting things with it.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#810 Old 27th May 2017 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 28th May 2017 at 12:22 AM.
Well... we've got a problem, all the versions work, but for the "Main Hood AL Version With Sims"... that file is over 50 MB.
ETA: I found a solution to this problem. If we separate the Storytelling folder, it works!
Now, @marka93 can you please re-zip these files again? http://simfil.es/246079/

I know it's a tedious job... I'm so sorry for not coming up with this idea earlier! To separate the Storytelling folder, putting all the family pictures in one separate Storytelling folder. So they can be copied into the main Storytelling folder once extracted. Then even the AL version is below 50 MB.

Anyway, please zip them the way how I arranged the folders. So, the Storytelling (with the family album pictures) separated as one folder.

@Peni Griffin
Thanks for the link! :lovestruc I'm glad someone decided to use Emerald Heights as a downtown. I thought nobody would want it as a subhood with its 100 habitants..

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#811 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:56 AM
I just redid the one and now its at 49.6 Mb in size. http://simfil.es/246085/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#812 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:34 AM
I have it as a shopping district . And it's a fabulous one.
Forum Resident
#813 Old 31st May 2017 at 8:20 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 31st May 2017 at 8:32 PM. Reason: UPDATED
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Sorry for double posting, but just thought I'll add something.

I didn't check in vanilla game, because I am *that* lazy.

But apartment households crash after arriving at Gary's Groceries.

Not residential households, only apartment ones. Even the Belladonna Cove ones. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

I n my game, on my PC (Windows 10, Dell Alien gaming PC) Emerald Heights Sims living in apartments travel to and from Gary's Grocery with no problems.

I have been following this for a long while and am happy to see it available at Sim Files. ((THANK YOU)) I've not yet had time to visit all of the families or to completely explore the town. Love what I've so far seen! I did not know there is a subhood version? My Emerald Heights is the main NH version ( right now just Emerald Heights with no added on neighborhoods or vacation places.)
Lab Assistant
#814 Old 31st May 2017 at 10:30 PM
My Emerald Heights is a subhood, so that might be the problem. Also, like I said, I am lazy.
Trainee Moderator
#815 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:04 PM
But the subhood version shouldn't have any inhabited apartment lots.
We've moved out the families who live in apartment lots. There's a known bug that apartment lots get borked in subhoods if they're inhabited.

Anyway, I'll check that out soon.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#816 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:58 AM
But it wasn't occupied ! And like I said, the apartments in my Belladonna Cove has this problem too ! Or maybe it's a mod problem, but I am too lazy to check.
Mad Poster
#817 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
But it wasn't occupied ! And like I said, the apartments in my Belladonna Cove has this problem too ! Or maybe it's a mod problem, but I am too lazy to check.

Now we get it, your game is screwed up and you need to fix it before complaining about your problem here where no one else has your problem.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#818 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 5:28 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but since it is your lot, and your lot only, I thought that the problem belonged to your hood. Of course, it might have been my game too, and that is why I have mentioned that I haven't checked in a vanilla game. However, if no one else has this problem, then that's fine with me. I am not too bothered with it.
Trainee Moderator
#819 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM
Okay, there might be a problem with the Downtown subhood version. I'll have a look at Gary's Groceries... if there's a problem, it could easily be replaced with the one from the main hood version which seems to be fine.

By the way, which EPs abd SPs do you have installed?

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#820 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:50 AM
I have all the eps and sps installed.

Also, I know that it might just be my game, but since the problem only occurs with that particular lot, I just thought that I'll mention it here. Sorry for troubling you all if nothing is actually wrong. My apologies.
Trainee Moderator
#821 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:47 PM
Okay! I've tested this out.

I attached Emerald Heights (AL version) to a newly made neighborhood and moved in all the bin families into their apartment lots, as they're supposed to live there.
Then, I chose a random household who live in an apartment lot and visited Gary's Groceries.

As you can see in the screenshot, they could visit that lot without any problems. No crashing!
Screenshots

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#822 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM
Oksie doksie. Glad that it wasn't a problem.

Sorry for wasting your time. My mistake.

FYI, your neighbourhood's pretty awesome. I am LOVING it !
Mad Poster
#823 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 11:01 PM
At least, since it's consistent, it will be easy for you to troubleshoot. Good luck with it!

Trainee Moderator
#824 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 4th Jun 2017 at 6:44 PM.
Alright, I tried the "Ultra" compression level and the "LZMA2" compression method. With that, the file size is below 50 MB, even if the Storytelling pictures are included.
I hope it's compatible for WinRAR, though. As there might be extracting issues if it isn't.

But these would be the latest versions of Emerald Heights!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_MainHood_BG_WithSims.7z (43.25 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_MainHood_BG_NoSims.7z (26.59 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_MainHood_AL_WithSims.7z (46.07 MB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_MainHood_AL_NoSims.7z (27.10 MB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_Downtown_NL_WithSims.7z (43.92 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_Downtown_NL_NoSims.7z (26.37 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_Downtown_NL&AL_NoSims.7z (27.00 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EmeraldHeights_Downtown_NL&AL_WithSims.7z (45.62 MB, 20 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#825 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:34 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 5th Jun 2017 at 4:35 AM. Reason: the usual
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Alright, I tried the "Ultra" compression level and the "LZMA2" compression method. With that, the file size is below 50 MB, even if the Storytelling pictures are included.
I hope it's compatible for WinRAR, though. As there might be extracting issues if it isn't.

But these would be the latest versions of Emerald Heights!

I downloaded one of the Downtown versions. No problem at all using WinRAR. Installed in game and appears that all is well :-)
Page 33 of 34