Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:21 AM Last edited by Kolipoki : 6th Apr 2009 at 1:44 AM.
Simpilistic House
So this is my newest creation also based off house designs. The only problem is, i can't figure out how they do the roof on the other side , they don't give you a back picture. oops i don't have inside picts one sec. Also note im not done with scenery
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:27 AM
these pictures are just to show you how i did the rooms
Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:17 AM
Well heres an idea?
Just use the same roofing tool as the one at the front at the back to join up with it
Rough thing to show you on Paint
I know it doesnt look the best but thats about all you can do :S
Screenshots
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
if i used the same roofing tool, wouldn't it just go really high?
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:28 AM
hmm? no i dont think so?
i dont mean the auto roof tool
just the one thats on the angle
and it should join up with it
if not, you know how to use the roofslopeangle cheat, yea?
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:32 AM
yeah, but i can't figure out how to do it on only one piece, doesn't it do the whole roof?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:38 AM
do two of the half roofs you used for the front, (one in front and one in back) then when you open the cheat menu put in "individualRoofSlopeAngle *" (*=number value) then you hold down "cntl-alt" while using the roof tool and click on just one of the half roofs.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:41 AM
no it doesnt join up
Start from the very back of the house and drag it to the middle/the end of the other one
it should look like my picture
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:48 AM
individualRoofSlopeAngle * comes back as not working
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:04 AM
i wanna put this house on the ballot. I made this house while i was waiting to see if Kolipoki's Lane 3 was rejected or not. If you look closely you can see they are somewhat related. The fronts are the same and the kitchen and living room are the same.
Screenshots
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:15 AM
'on the ballot' ?
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:41 AM
lol i was just wondering what you thought of it/or if you liked it better and i should submit it. Or if i should go for both of them
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 2:16 AM
so that smaller version i put up was rejected, for architectural purposes. But, I'd be happy to report that Kolipoki's Lane 6 was accepted Any ideas on what i can do for it
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 11:34 AM
Have you changed the back roof from the first pic? If not, that's definately something you need to do something about. It's much too boxy and makes the whole house look like its about to fall over. If you cannot do the "individual slope angle" then you'll have to think of alternatives and experiment at bit. The side of the building also could use some more windows to break up the uniformity.

The room layout is not particular appealing. Especially that very long living room seems boring and hard to furnish. Consider creating a small entrance area. You could even create a small extra room for a study or a kid in that extra corner of the bedroom that does not seem to be used for much as it is right now.

Also, since it doesn't sound like you're doing a starter why don't you try to use the garden space for more? A pool, a swing, or an area with benches or recliners? It's quite uninspiring as it is right now.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 10:47 PM
the first one is based off a real house so i cant go around changing it to much
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 11:03 PM
What can I say, following a real house design too closely does not always make for a good sims house. I'm often inspired by buildings I see, but I never copy them because there are playability as well as aesthetic considerations to take.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Locked thread | Locked by: lidiqnata Reason: useful comments