Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:03 PM
Default 1 Golden Leaf Street
I'm about to go and upload this house, but I'm not sure it's good enough. This house is mostly a vacation/country home than a modern family home, but you can use it for anything you want. This house only has 2 pieces of custom content (Tiggy027's Metro Windows). If this house doesn't get rejected I'll be sure to post a version without Custom Content. Would anyone Download this house? What can I improve on? Here are some pictures:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Living Room:

The Outside view of the Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Whole House (Front):

Whole House (Back):
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:31 PM
I'm not really liking the two-tone. It's not bad, I'm just not one for it. But it is a little off, in two-tone houses usually the top tone goes all the way up. You revert back to the base tone in your roof tops. I've noticed that in a lot of homes the bathrooms are really REALLY big. It then looks empty and very odd. What's your houses theme(color, furniture, etc.)? I'm not really seeing one. If it's supposed to be country try changing your wall colors to a more country like wallpaper. It would tie together the rooms, and make it look more country-ish.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:04 AM
I think a little more landscaping would do it good. I see a couple patches of flowers out front, the shrubs on the side, a tree, and a little bit of terrain painting in front, but to be honest, it seems like landscaping just to have landscaping. A few flowers around the back porch would be nice, maybe a tree in the errr... \__/ area created by the windows bumping into the hallway... A few flowers along the very front of the house, and replace the terrain paint path with an actual concrete or brick path. Maybe pull the tree in front over more toward the right as right now it's overwhelming the front of the house.

I think the overall house is a cute design - certainly not boxy or terribly boring. I think it just needs a bit more oomph on the inside. The master bedroom appears to have just a bed, nothing else... And I think it'd be better to rework the upstairs some. The bathroom with the brown tiles appears to have THREE bath spots - a tub against the front wall, one against the right wall, AND a shower, while the larger bathroom has two tubs. The bathrooms themselves are massive, too.

Maybe make the small 3x3 square room on the top floor into a bathroom for a smaller bedroom. You can convert the large bath into a bedroom of its own... and if you change the diagonal wall of the large bedroom to right angles instead (there'll still be plenty of room to navigate the hallway) then you can add a smaller bathroom in the little wall niche to the left, while leaving plenty of room for the double bed, plus maybe a mirror and dresser too.

Same with the other bedroom/bath on the other side - reduce the bathroom size significantly, and you can put in a whole additional smaller bedroom over on the right side.

I'm -really- not feeling the bright yellow carpet of the downstairs bedroom. Something creamy or pinky would look better there... and again, it seems a bit bare in spots.

The living room, I'd switch that couch out for something more traditional, and put a desk or something over in the empty corner.

In the kitchen, you have counters right up against full-size windows, which looks strange. Put the counters over on that bare wall you have instead, and wrap them around the wall with the door for more counter space. You can put a plant or something in the window area and leave it otherwise open for a very bright, sunny look.

I agree with morphead on the two-tone. I think it'd look better just in the beige. If you want to do two-tone, then choose a completely different type of wall covering - brick or stone rather than siding, as right now... it just looks like they ran out of paint halfway and couldn't get a very good match.

I think it's a cute design that has potential - just make a little better use of the space you have, tweak the landscaping and colours a bit, and you'll be about there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:39 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll be sure to makes the changes and post up new pictures of the changes. Should I leave the old pictures up?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:00 AM Last edited by macm09 : 14th Sep 2008 at 1:01 AM. Reason: fixing my horrible grammar
Picture wise for posting on here I would suggest leaving the old pictures in the first post and post the new pictures in a new reply. This way people can compare the new pictures to the old to see how far you have come on your project!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by macm09
Picture wise for posting on here I would suggest leaving the old pictures in the first post and post the new pictures in a new reply. This way people can compare the new pictures to the old to see how far you have come on your project!

Oh! Okay, thanks for the info. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 8:38 AM
Default Updates
Okay! Here's the overview of the changes I made:
-I positioned the counters differently
-I made the 1st floor bathroom a tad smaller
-I made the 2nd floor bathroom much more smaller
-Sliced the 2nd bathroom so I that could make another small bedroom
-Changed the carpeting in the 1st floor bedroom
-Rearranged the living room and added more items to it
-Put more flowers, shrubs, and trees to the lot
-Added stuff to the patio in the backyard
-Changed the wallpapering in the halls on the 1st floor a little

Here are the pictures:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Living Room:

Is this Wallpaper Transition Okay?:

Kitchen:

Kitchen (Outside View):

Patio (Backyard):

Do you like the changes? Anymore things that I need to add or take away?
Locked thread | Locked by: lewjen Reason: do not delete - useful info