Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 2:11 PM Last edited by htf_fan : 2nd Jan 2008 at 8:46 PM.
Default Lexus IS300 Recolors - Not Good Enough For MTS???
After the 3rd Rejection I want to know if my Recolors of this Car are really so bad as some of the mods think they are (I only post here because I had to make the Recolors three times new and I think that the most people here know what a **** work that is) :

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 2:25 PM
maybee you could make highlights on the parts you recoloured.
i think they are really good, don't know why they got rejected.

ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ
ﻻ ..• be young ♥«..'ﻻ
ﻻ ..• be wild ♥«.....'ﻻ
ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ ﻻ
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 2:32 PM
maybe because the outlines are blurred...but this is the effect of the mesh....my textures are always exact
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 3:02 PM
this are things that I cannot change they come from the mesh
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 6:45 PM
I would guess the issue is just highlighting, so it doesn't look so flood-filled?
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 1:30 AM
I think that they look good.

As the creator of the car, I know that it's pretty hard to make colors like this with a design.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 4:52 PM
this recolor was one of the easiest becuase there are only straight lines although it was a work for 2 weeks because i had an virus...
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 6:27 PM
What were the precise reasons of the rejections?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 8:01 PM
Do you have any still shots of the car? The gifs are pretty good for showing the variety, but compressing images into gifs really degrades the quality of the image sometime.

Perhaps uploading a good still shot of a couple of the recolors to go along with the gifs?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 10:09 PM
the precise reson was: "General - Overall poor quality
While we appreciate the effort and work put into your creation, unfortunately it has not been approved at this time. MTS2 prides itself on high-quality, unique items, and has some of the best in the entire community and we uphold that threshold in all of our moderated items.

We advise you to take the time to read the various tutorials we have here on the site, or to post your creation in the Creator Feedback Forum and to also read the Creator Guidelines forum for more information about submitting items to MTS2."

and here´s a still shot of the car:
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 12:48 PM
I think I understood the reason. Maybe the car doesn't look "real": Have you ever seen an ordinary car with such bright colors? Try to use colors more faded... I had this idea when I saw the tires: dark grey instead black...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 5:39 PM
that was the first reasonbut now the recolors are not good enuogh for MTS but there are so many recolors that look worst....
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 8:52 PM
For starters, the blacks are too black. One thread up from this HP has an explanation of black and white in the game.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 9:44 PM
but i always made them real black and up to this recolor there were no problems and no one was rejected
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#15 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:31 AM
Just becuase you had no problems up till now doesn't mean that will always be the case. We are constantly refining the quality guidelines, and the fact is that: 1) The recolours are way too dark and also way too bright and, 2) As May'n'Astrid says: Have you ever seen a real car that has those colours and that design?

I know I've never seen a neon green gradiented front with a really really dark back and 2 unexplainable stripes on a normal car. It's like it was 2 cars cut in two then bolted together or something.

Don't just think about the colours - think about the overall effect that the car has. This is more likely the reason for your General Quality rejection and not the specific colour issue.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:36 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 4th Jan 2008 at 10:44 AM.
Well, just look at the screenshot - and the huge black hole of nothingness created with this particular car and the design. On some of the other cars you did the incredible blackness was probably overlooked due to the fact it was more broken up.

As for the intensity of the colors (like that blue) - your cars have often been right on the edge of being too bright/intense. Just because they squeaked by in moderation doesn't mean that this combination isn't now just... too much.

Computers create color with -light- (whereas objects in RL reflect light to show color) This means that you can create something unnaturally dark (like pure black often causes the game's engine to create what I fondly call a 'black hole of nothingness') and colors that are unnaturally bright/intense.

In computerese - make the black a dark gray - then the game will be able to reflect light on it better - and take down the saturation on most of the colors. Between the two of those changes the front of the car should no longer look like it's glowing - and the car might look like it's one - piece. The windows also being black probably are a disservice in terms of the car details almost all disappearing with this particular recolor.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 11:29 AM
here you can see some real cars...there ARE very bright and neon colors !!
AND: The Sims are NOT realistic! why must have cars then realistic colors???
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#18 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 11:57 AM
All of those pics you linked are for cars that are being showcased, thus the colours are going to be bright. You also completely ignored what I said about general overall look and the fact that it looks like 2 cars of totally different colours bolted together.

If you want to completely ignore the staffs advice on how to actually make things better, go right ahead - just don't expect to be approved anytime soon.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#19 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 12:04 PM
Indeed - note what Tiggerypum has to say about how the game renders colour. You can still make something look bright without being blinding by just reducing the saturation a little bit - it will still look like a nice bright neon colour in the game but it won't be over-bright, and you can still make something black without using RGB 0.0.0

Just reduce the saturation of your colours by around 15-20% on the really bright ones, and use something around RGB 45.45.45 instead of actual pure black and I think it'd be a vast improvement.

Go ahead and actually try that and post pictures of your improved versions. Before you even posted here, it did say that this forum is for improving your creations - if you aren't looking to improve them based on the tips you're given, we're just going to keep going 'round in circles. You've been given some suggestions, so go ahead and try them - you might be surprised at the results... and actually like how it comes out.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 1:34 PM
there´s one thing i want to know:
Why did you reject now my cars and not earlier?

at the next car I´ll test the things you had suggest
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#21 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 3:08 PM
htf fan, Did you, erm, not read what Tig said?

Quote: Originally posted by Tiggerpum (emphasis added)
Well, just look at the screenshot - and the huge black hole of nothingness created with this particular car and the design. On some of the other cars you did the incredible blackness was probably overlooked due to the fact it was more broken up.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:40 PM
I think the cars that are slightly two tone are really good, i love the colours and the general style of the car. (I think it was some elses design and congrats to them )
I think they would be a great addition to people who love going downtown. But...
Like every1 else is saying the black is TOO black. I know it sounds strange but i think if you put it against a complete black back ground you would lose the care altogeather and only see the colours, mayb texturethe car more? Dont kno if u can do that...? :s
Mayb more shiney! Ever1 loves a shiney metalic car

Appart from that, good job, i couldnt do it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 3:39 PM
The recolors do seem to be lacking any highlighting as well. The wheels and headlights that you didn't change from F-P's original texture still have highlights on them, yet the entire body of the car has no highlighting, reflections, etc.
Instructor
#24 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 8:00 PM
Dude I love your car all I would say is there some way u could refine the window trim on the car so it does not just blend into the black thay all talk about, and I think that would fix it to be just right if not perfect....!

keep up the good work and dont let 1 reject get u down..
PS dont forget all the moderates are people just like us, a smille and a kind word goes a long way now day dude.
one more thing this sit here http://sims2carsource.net/ was the site to go to for Cars have u tryed there ???

Why do Something today, that you can do tomorrow...!...

Why be Kind when you can be honest....;)
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: Closed but with useful info regarding recolors