Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 13th Feb 2018 at 5:46 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED - How to NOT lower the damn water level?
Fixed it

--------------------

I'm trying to sculpt the edges of a lake, editing a community lot. I keep accidentally lowering the damn water level and can't raise it back up without leveling all the water. Then when I try to make a lake again, my edges are all jagged and ugly. I try to smooth them, water level lowers. *headdesk* I swear I googled this first. Mostly says click certain tiles to raise it back up. Which ones??? What do they look like? Is there some cheat I can use? Is there a way to adjust the pressure sensitivity of the water tool or something so I don't make jagged edges in the first place? Thanks for any help.

Is there some variable I can change in SimPE? Some build tool? I'm not a builder but I'll use a tool if you just tell me which one and how.

Behold my sad, sad lake.

[edit] The worst part is undo (ctrl-Z) does NOT raise the water level back up after a mistake! Aaaaaargh!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Drives me up the wall that one too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
Have you tried GridAdjuster?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:59 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 13th Feb 2018 at 5:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you tried GridAdjuster?
Is that this tool?

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=327439

I read the description but couldn't find anything about it changing the water level. Does it do that?

---------------------------------

[edit] Found a thread here with this snippet. What the heck is that and will it help me?

Modding method1:
1. ...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Sys -> open Terrain.ini with notepad/wordpad
2. reset WaterToTerrainSurfaceOffset and/or WaterLevelBelowTheMinBoundaryHt
Modding method2:
mod the terrain shader ?

-----------------------------------------------

[edit 2] Finally just leveled the darn pond, remade it with the awful water tool, then smoothed the edges by ONLY RAISING and NEVER LOWERING. Raising does not appear to screw up the water level but lowering does. Then had to repaint the pond edges because water/make flat/water/make flat/pull out hair/water removes the terrain paint. Now to play test it and see if I can still fish. (Also added a playground and toddler bathroom. Was trying to make a park kid and toddler friendly.)

[edit 3] The edges are smooth, plants are placed, and it's fishable. Now I'm happy!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes