Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:05 AM
Default Their dead and I'm married, so stop
Ok, got two annoyances at the moment;
People keep calling for a dead sim.
People keep trying to send a married sim on blind dates. She's got two kids and a third on the way, stop it!
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:29 AM
I hope your game is not corrupt, what happening seem strange.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:33 AM
Ran a hood check and I'm good. Just Sims being Sims.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 12:25 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 22nd Aug 2019 at 2:38 PM.
This was the only thing I could think of, but it doesn’t seem like it will fix what you described, right? :^(

Also, maybe your sim isn’t flagged as dead? I have no idea what I’m talking about really but I isn’t there anyway to like check in SimPE and edit stuff like that? Just a thought hehe. Sorry I can’t be of more help!
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 12:51 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 15th Aug 2019 at 1:08 PM.
If you have wants and fears related to dead spouses or partners, there is a glitch that doesn't remove the flag. That can be fixed with Batbox, by removing deadromance flag. But that glitch seems to only affect the sim they were married to or a commitment relationships, not others who knew that sim.

EDIT: As I'm still a noob with whats normal and what's not (and a bit drowsy right now to think apparently) that's the only dead sim scenario I can think of. IF the sim is already married and never dated the dead sim, the deadromance thing might not be a possible reason.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:23 PM
For the first problem, try THIS FIX from Chris Hatch. I had a similar problem where a dead Sim in my household would receive a phone call every night as a follow up to a successful date they had before they died.

I don't have anything for the second issue.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 8:09 PM
@ HobbesED I have notice on different posts you always try to help members with someone mod to fix things and also giving your ideas about issue like the born baby syndrome. I Just want to Thank you.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ HobbesED I have notice on different posts you always try to help members with someone mod to fix things and also giving your ideas about issue like the born baby syndrome. I Just want to Thank you.

Thank you, but I'm not the only one. That's what makes TS2 a good community - when we all try to help others with what we may know or have experienced.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Thank you, but I'm not the only one. That's what makes TS2 a good community - when we all try to help others with what we may know or have experienced.

@HobbesED Absolutely correct you are, I have been playing and coming here on MTS since 2006 and yes all the members are very helpful ,even if you are a newbie, or think you are asking a stupid question.
They are there to guide you.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:27 AM
Olive Specter is who someone keeps trying to contact, so it's kind of funny in a way.

As for the second, I'll see how rearranging the load order of a few of my mods will maybe help. If not I just keep hitting No when asked.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
People keep trying to send a married sim on blind dates. She's got two kids and a third on the way, stop it!

This isn't a bug. It's a feature. Specifically, it's a Social Networking reward from Apartment Life. If you raise STR with a newly met Social Groupie high enough and quickly enough, the Social Groupie will offer you a random Social Networking reward. The reward can be a job offer, discounted costs for objects in the Buy catalog, "new products to test" (expensive computer or TV), the offer to have one of the Social Groupie's friends call you, and the offer of a blind date.

Lamare made a mod to offer a wider variety of "product testing" objects, but I don't know of any mods to block the offer of a blind date. I know it's really annoying, but it's easy enough to just click "no".
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
(...) I don't know of any mods to block the offer of a blind date.
Well, there is part of Cyjon's No Reputation Rewards (which has separate files for each rep reward, including blind dates), but it would block all blind date offers, not just offers to married Sims.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I know it's really annoying, but it's easy enough to just click "no".
Yeah, if SimCryptic decides that No Rep Rewards would throw throw the baby out with the bathwater, that would be his/her only option AFAIK.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right