Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 4:39 AM
This is what I've done so far. I am using the Lisen801 southern charm sets. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=423550 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=424065
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eviki24
This is what I've done so far. I am using the Lisen801 southern charm sets. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=423550 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=424065

Hey this is great! Looks a lot like NOLA! I'm still trudging through my world. Slowly but surely. If you would be interested in sharing some of your lots, I would love to use them in my world. It would save me some design time!
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflwrs
Hey this is great! Looks a lot like NOLA! I'm still trudging through my world. Slowly but surely. If you would be interested in sharing some of your lots, I would love to use them in my world. It would save me some design time!
Sure, I will share all the lots I make, but i am very slow too!! I've never been in NOLA but I walk the streets with google maps and try to reproduce the houses the best i can, cause I am new in the building area.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:16 AM
Sure, I will share all the lots I make, but i am very slow too!! I've never been in NOLA but I walk the streets with google maps and try to reproduce the houses the best i can, cause I am new in the building area.

I will of course give you credit for the lots you make when I upload the world. I will send you a private message with more details Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:33 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to share my St. Louis Cathedral Lot with you. I'd really love some feedback if anyone is interested in using it. The lot size is 64x52 and it is a Hangout Lot Type. I am still working on it a bit, but the Cathedral itself is finished inside and out, I could share Jackson Square as well if anyone would like that. Jackson Square is a 64x64 lot and it's a big park lot. I have been using google earth to basically map out that area of downtown New Orleans, so these lots are as accurate as I am capable of doing. Anyway...let me know what you think!! This has been a several year long process so be gentle!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  St. Louis Cathedral.zip (7.39 MB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Description: St. Louis Cathedral of New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 3:23 PM
The street I finally made. Still incomplete but almost done.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#32 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 2:04 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 5th Feb 2017 at 4:43 PM.
The 2 homes on the right are very bright, almost eye-soring (Could be me 'T was me). I'd tone it down like the rest of the colours. Those red stairs and shutters too.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#33 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM
The street I finally made. Still incomplete but almost done.

Great set of NOLA row houses!
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
The 2 homes on the right are very bright, almost eye-soring (Could be me 'T was me). I'd tone it down like the rest of the colours. Those red stairs and shutters too.

Yes you are. right, I am actually changing the colors every day. I've never been in NOLA so I just have seen pics where houses are very bright, but I take trips on Google maps and houses are less bright. This is what I changed, but it's not the final version
Screenshots
Alchemist
#35 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 7:13 PM
Yes you are. right, I am actually changing the colors every day. I've never been in NOLA so I just have seen pics where houses are very bright, but I take trips on Google maps and houses are less bright. This is what I changed, but it's not the final version

I haven't been in NOLA either, or the USA at all, but from the pictures I've seen the homes indeed are bright, but more pastel toned

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#36 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 8:58 PM
I lived there for a while. The colors vary quite a lot, I have indeed seen a neon green house, but that's definitely not normal there. So in the Garden District, you have the big huge mansions that are a variety of colors, but they are more pastel. like maybe majority white house with powder blue accents. certain areas are actually required by law to only use certain colors such as the garden district. now in more busy areas with businesses like magazine street, row houses are there and the colors are more bright or they just use more color combinations rather than like white with accents. here are some garden district homes compared to row houses.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 7:30 PM
I lived there for a while. The colors vary quite a lot, I have indeed seen a neon green house, but that's definitely not normal there. So in the Garden District, you have the big huge mansions that are a variety of colors, but they are more pastel. like maybe majority white house with powder blue accents. certain areas are actually required by law to only use certain colors such as the garden district. now in more busy areas with businesses like magazine street, row houses are there and the colors are more bright or they just use more color combinations rather than like white with accents. here are some garden district homes compared to row houses.
Yes that are the pics I found. I intend to do all types of NOLA styles, let's see how they turn and you can use them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 2:07 AM
Guys, I am almost done with all my lots. I'm tweaking a few things, but hopefully I'll actually finish this soon! I can see the end!
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 7:34 PM
Also it's almost a month left since the last post I just have to say that it looks awesome. I wasn't in New Orleans or the USA yet, but I just love how it looks like.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SunsetsDevil
Also it's almost a month left since the last post I just have to say that it looks awesome. I wasn't in New Orleans or the USA yet, but I just love how it looks like.

I had some technical issues that slowed me down. It's getting there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:41 AM
Hey guys, so update: I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I recently broke 2 bones in my foot and fractured my wrist....so needless to say I haven't been doing anything except resting and trying to heal. I am finally able to do some work on here....It's all I can really do and I need the distraction. I'm gonna be posting on the Creator Feedback Forum soon to get some help. Thanks guy
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 22nd May 2017 at 6:09 AM
darkflwrs- I hope you have a quick recovery.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Theorist
#43 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 2:37 PM
Hey guys, so update: I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I recently broke 2 bones in my foot and fractured my wrist....so needless to say I haven't been doing anything except resting and trying to heal. I am finally able to do some work on here....It's all I can really do and I need the distraction. I'm gonna be posting on the Creator Feedback Forum soon to get some help. Thanks guy

Congrats on the baby news but sorry you had an accident! Take it easy and heal quickly and we'll be here waiting to see your progress when you're ready to share. Really love what you've done so far!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 5:29 AM
hey, so i have this world updated and carried on in another post. it's the official post for getting feedback and it has all the info required on the upload guidelines. i scratched the world and started over again in january so since them some stuff has changed but it's based on new orleans just like it was before and i think it looks much better now. here's the link: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599432
Page 2 of 2