Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:19 PM Last edited by Beltanefire : 25th Feb 2019 at 2:35 PM.
Default In game edit doesn't work/causes fatal error
I am honestly desperate and have no idea what else I could try.

Since I have my new computer I can't use the in game edit in CAW anymore. It gives me a fatal error message and it doesn't depend on a single world! Every world I try to edit in game gives me this fatal error message. I even took a blank world and tried to open it but it doesn't work.

I tried to install CAW again, I renamed my game folder to get a clean one without any mods or CC, I changed the settings for the Windows Defender and allowed it to read and write in all Sims folders but nothing works. There are sometimes problem with the access rights in Windows 10. (This is why I can't play Rollercoaster Tycoon anymore because I can't save anything. But that's a different and as well a sad story.) I used both, Sims 3 and CAW with Windows 10 before on my old computer and it worked fine. The game itself works without problems. It's just the in game edit that refuses to work. So what am I doing wrong? Did I miss something? Any help or suggestion is much appreciated. I love creating my worlds and it would be really sad if I am not able to do this anymore.

Edit: One thing I am not 100% sure about is if I also had Windows 64 bit before or not. It is possible that I had a 32 bit version earlier. Can this maybe cause a problem with CAW? Does it work with 64 bit in general?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn