Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[In Testing]Resources for AppaloosaPlains.world's various Fixes

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Nov 2011 at 10:48 AM - Updated 8th Nov 2011 at 12:37 AM by ellacharm3d : removed reference to wrong town

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:56 PM
Yes! I've been waiting for this since I've been getting lag in AP. Maybe I can play this world.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:01 PM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 7th Nov 2011 at 2:29 AM.
I always wondered why my sims got stuck very often since Pets came out. I suspected and removed a lot of things with no improvement, hope this is the right fix.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:13 PM
This is great! Thank you! This was the first thing I noticed when started to play Appaloosa. It just didn't look right to me...... and the lag.....silly sims and animals just standing around when I tell them to do something . Do you think, though, EA might fix their own routing problems if/when they patch?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 11:00 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 7th Nov 2011 at 12:28 PM.
Yeah! That's what I need! I will test it, and report the result After all, I have a newest s3pe, and I need to test it When I play in Appaloosa, I often use NRaas MC to reset NPC's and neighbours. I see difference, the game is smoothler for few sim-hours. Maybe it's because all sims are sitting in their homes, or maybe, bacause they are not blocked somwhere...
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:39 AM
Any issues, yet?
If not, I can upload the .world file.

I've re-uploaded some of the missing images, in case my text didn't make sense.
Were too big before, never realized.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 12:28 PM
OK, so AP works faster, and textures of the objects\buildings are loaded faster, so I think everything with the routing is OK. I have reset every Sim\Animal, so now no one should be blocked. There is however one car, still left on the road, I will have to delete it manually.

The only thing is, I don't know if it should look like this:

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 12:50 PM
Yeah, images are the same in mine.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 1:50 PM
Technically, I mean those underlined places, where the edges of the road are connected with pedestrian crossing.

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 3:00 PM
Yes, like I said they are by default that way. As I didn't do any terrain-painting under them (not in the "What has been done" section in Overview, right? ), since that would need another set of resources to import.

Go and check out the other roads with that texture and see the intersections, you'll see the gaps there too. They just have terrain paint under them to disguise those gaps "somewhat".
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 4:32 PM
EA has terrible ideas And I'm very gratefull, for your fix, I can play in comfortable condotions in this town :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 5:25 PM
Cant find the appalossa plains world file anywhere nor can i find my bridgeport world file

Snarling ever forward
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:10 PM
Go to the Program Files. World files are always in the same folder in base game and all ep's, which contained new world, GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.
Inconceivable!
#14 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:22 PM
Hello! I did the "edit in S3PE" fix for the three world adventure worlds, and it worked wonderfully. I'm considering doing this for Appaloosa Plains as well, but I have a couple of questions before I add it. Since I am already playing a legacy in Appaloosa Plains, will this have any negative effect on my preexisting saves? Also, will these fixes work in an already played in world? I am not very knowledgeable about these sorts of things, so I apologize if the answers are obvious. Thank you!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:14 AM
All the saves I tried on pick up the changes just fine, and no side effects in my game (discounting EA bugs, of course). If people are having them, they have not commented in my threads, so I don't know. But I do hope they give feedback, no matter how small.

Does the process affect any WA Adventures for those Saves you already have before doing the WA fixes?
Some process applies, and same outcome expected. But as in all things, create a backup of your Saves first, as the instructions say.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:30 AM Last edited by Majuchan : 8th Nov 2011 at 7:29 AM.
I tried this but when I import files from fixedroadintersection into S3PE a dialog box appered. I have successfully imported files inside fixed routing.

Have I done something wrong? I have 11-1001-1447 version.
please help. thanks!

EDIT: after I updated my S3pe, I have imported files from fixedroadintersection. but when I'm trying to save it (not save as). there's an error occurred.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:56 AM
Well I had no problems with importing data... Town works exellent, never better. Actually I can tell, that the world file can be uploaded now, nothing bad happend in my town. If it will, I'll report it, but I'll played few hours in AP and everything works great :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:34 PM
I don't have luck in s3pe. I'll just wait until world file is uploaded to the site. S3PE always yells me that it is "read only" even though I changed it already.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Go to the Program Files. World files are always in the same folder in base game and all ep's, which contained new world, GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.

No there

All it shows is sunset valley world

Snarling ever forward
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:22 AM
found it finally...I downloaded it from Origin orginally

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Snarling ever forward
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:53 PM
Yes, because like I posted, world files are always in the same folder, but every world in it's ep... (cause base game and ep's have the same folder names). Sunset Valley is in base game, Twinbrook in Ambitions, Appaloosa Plains is in Pets. But it's always the same folder: GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Yes, because like I posted, world files are always in the same folder, but every world in it's ep... (cause base game and ep's have the same folder names). Sunset Valley is in base game, Twinbrook in Ambitions, Appaloosa Plains is in Pets. But it's always the same folder: GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.

Actually no its not, I purchased Generations, Late Night and Pets from Origin and did the virtual download thing so my world files are in the origins folder not the Electronics Arts folder

Snarling ever forward
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:51 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 10th Nov 2011 at 3:05 PM.
@Majuchan,
try the latest QA version of s3pe. And also, do the editing outside of Program Files. Meaning, copy the .world file to Desktop, open it in S3PE from there, do the Imports, Save and then copy it back into the World folder.

The DDS preview issue is common and can be ignored. I usually turn off preview before importing lots of resources.

@neosimstyler,
keep forgetting to include that info, thanks for the reminder!

[eta]Got it via Bridgeport thread.
I got this via Google; if anyone who plays on Steam can confirm their path as well, I can post that up, too.
Code:
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\the sims 3\<whatever pack>
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:18 PM
Hi Ella, I loaded the files and no problems with the game, thanks for that. The problem mentioned before about the gaps in the road textures by the Equestrian Centre and other spots is not an issue with terrain painting. The road textures are borked and have been rotated incorrectly. The outside edge which is alpha has been moved to the inside by mistake. Locating the correct files and editing them will fix the problem. I have found the corner but am still looking for the intersection...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:34 AM Last edited by Majuchan : 15th Nov 2011 at 3:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
@Majuchan,
try the latest QA version of s3pe. And also, do the editing outside of Program Files. Meaning, copy the .world file to Desktop, open it in S3PE from there, do the Imports, Save and then copy it back into the World folder.

The DDS preview issue is common and can be ignored. I usually turn off preview before importing lots of resources.

Thank you. I have the latest version of S3PE now. gonna copy it to my desktop to edit it. thanks for the info! gonna post back if I make it work now.

EDIT: Ok, after a sim week, I encounter no problem with this fix. I was able to edit the world, Thanks ella. =3
Page 1 of 2