Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 12:35 AM
Default Regarding Bösenklavier Concert Grand Piano by Alexander.Chubaty
I have Sims 1, 2 and 3 with late Night and High End Loft. I need some direct help with patching the Bösenklavier Concert Grand Piano by Alexander.Chubaty into my game. I have been trying for over a week. Not too high tech here. Can someone contact me and assist?
David.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 1:21 AM
What do you mean by patch? I googled it and it looks like a piano in ts2? Do you want to convert it into ts3 and 4?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
What do you mean by patch? I googled it and it looks like a piano in ts2? Do you want to convert it into ts3 and 4?

Like when you patch the expansion packs into the game I guess. Bear with me, I don't know too much computer stuff and sometimes the simplest thngs I cannot figure out. This is what I am wanting to put into my house --
C:\Users\David\Desktop\Mod The Sims - Bösenklavier Concert Grand Piano - Updated 10-26.html -----.
I want the black one. It is in a zip folder in my documents. I did manage to get that far. But going further and getting it into the game, I just don't understand what they say . They talk about this monkey thing, which I don't have so I don't have to worry about that stuff. If someone would be willing to contact me and guide me through it, I would appreciate it. And thank you for replying.
David.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:34 PM
This is the page of the downloader who posted it --- http://modthesims.info/m/1276826 --- Alexander.Chubaty I hope that helps a bit. Thank you.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 19th Mar 2017 at 4:59 PM.
It's a mod or custom content. I suggest you read this thread about the basics for how to install mods for ts3. It will help you understand the basics basically: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

You have to download a modfolder with a resource.cfg file among other things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:01 AM
It's a mod or custom content. I suggest you read this thread about the basics for how to install mods for ts3. It will help you understand the basics basically: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

You have to download a modfolder with a resource.cfg file among other things.

OK Thanks. I'll see what I can do. I I am still learning the site and all, so I as still getting around. I appreciate your help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:33 AM
OK---- I did not know about wiki, but I managed to get through that a bit. I did manage to get A mod folder into my sims 3 documents folder, unzipped and ready to go. Now I went to this page to download the piano into it, but I can't find where to click for download. This page --- C:\Users\David\Desktop\Mod The Sims - Bösenklavier Concert Grand Piano - Updated 10-26.html --- I wanted the black one. When I clicked on the download tab at the top what came up were other downloads, not external package files. What am I missing. I am all set up to download things into the folder, but can't figure where on that page. Can you guide me?
dodgy builder
#8 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:19 AM
You have to look under the files fan. The files you can download will be listed there.
Site Helper
#9 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:51 PM
Note: the black one and the white one are both in the same package. If you have late Night, so that your sims can play pianos, you want the late night version. Otherwise, you want the version that is a decorative object.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Note: the black one and the white one are both in the same package. If you have late Night, so that your sims can play pianos, you want the late night version. Otherwise, you want the version that is a decorative object.

I do have late Night and the High end loft. I have been playing out of the late nite icon on the desktop and the late night version installs. I just can't figure out where the download action is on that page. And to add to things, in the process I think I lost my current game and had to start a new game although the old game is still in the documents folder. Trying to work on that one. Any suggestions? If anyone would be willing to phone and talk me through it, that would be great, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:18 PM
You got me confused Did you download this successfully or not?

If not, see attached screenshot on where you find the zip-files with this object for download on MTS.
As described in the above linked tutorial, extract it from the zip-archive. The archive contains a package file.
Then check which patch level your game is on as described here.
Which patch level does your game have?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
You got me confused Did you download this successfully or not?

If not, see attached screenshot on where you find the zip-files with this object for download on MTS.
As described in the above linked tutorial, extract it from the zip-archive. The archive contains a package file.
Then check which patch level your game is on as described here.
Which patch level does your game have?

The piano is not in the game yet, I don't think. It does sit in Mods - packages. I have gone to The piano page and have clicked on the files tab you speak of. But from there I don't know where to click to install it. I believe I do have it installed as it is appearing in the package portion of the Mods folder. When I click to open it just releates itself under it. When I click to save, it does the same thing. That is all it does. When I went to the game to see if it was there it started a new game. The game is still in the saves portion of the folder, so it is still there. I just cannot get to it. I did talk with WA on the phone and he says it may be deleted, but then again, the save folder says it is still there with one backup under that.
Site Helper
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:00 AM
OK, yes. If you have that piano in your Mods-Packages folder you have got it downloaded. Files in the Mods folder do not appear in the launcher. This is normal.
If you have your Mods-Packages folder set up correctly those files are in your game even when the launcher doesn't see them. In your game, go to the catalog in Buy mode and look under Entertainment: Hobbies and Skills. Scroll down and see if you can find the piano in the catalog.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics might have some helpful information for you.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
dodgy builder
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:14 PM
Just remember to put it in your mods folder and unzip it. It should have a .package at the end. That is if you have visible extentions in your mods folder. If you don't have them visible, it can sometimes be a bit confusing.

1. Below is the picture from my computer, it's in Norwegian. Where it says "Filtyper" you should have something like File Extensions. It needs to be ticked. It's under a fan called something to do with Show or Visible.
2. The NoIntro.package follows the frame setup you downloaded. The .package is the extension you need to see. If you only see NoIntro, you have to tick the box at the top.

Then it's istalled, that's all you need to think about at the moment. If it's still not visible in game, we have to troubleshoot.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:51 PM
Just remember to put it in your mods folder and unzip it. It should have a .package at the end. That is if you have visible extentions in your mods folder. If you don't have them visible, it can sometimes be a bit confusing.

1. Below is the picture from my computer, it's in Norwegian. Where it says "Filtyper" you should have something like File Extensions. It needs to be ticked. It's under a fan called something to do with Show or Visible.
2. The NoIntro.package follows the frame setup you downloaded. The .package is the extension you need to see. If you only see NoIntro, you have to tick the box at the top.

Then it's istalled, that's all you need to think about at the moment. If it's still not visible in game, we have to troubleshoot.

Thank you all so much. I did try some things and got more confused and think I messed it up a bit, so I ended up uninstalling the game completely and reinstalled it. I will begin again, review these things and see what comes. I appreciate all your input. I will keep you posted and if anyone has any other thoughts, just add them. Again - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:50 PM
In the future, if you get mixed up, there's no need to uninstall. You can just delete the Mods folder and start over.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.