Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:04 PM
Default Vanishing babies?
I finally really got into playing the game, though I've had it for years... anyway, I ran into a horribly annoying glitch! 2 babies from 2 households just randomly dissapeared... no more icons, no longer listed in relation to their parents, etc.... just gone. They are not in the household inventories either. Is there something that is known to cause this issue? Before these babies, I have had 2 successful births in game where the babies remained and are now toddlers.... has this happened to anyone before? Both babies lived a few minutes (a couple of sim hours) before randomly dissapearing. The second one dissapeared after her mom married one of her potential fathers and he moved in. When the household reloaded with the new husband, there was no more baby. Also, both babies may have been concieved around the same time (same day) by the same guy, but with 2 women living on different lots. Could it be the dad that is glitchy?

I have lots of CC but I don't think I have any big "game modifying" mods. I have testingheats enabled though... I have all EPs and Game Packs and maybe half of the stuff packs

Anyone else have this happen? Vanishing babies?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:23 PM
How many sims you have in this household?
I think if you changed the number of slots per household this might happen that sims will disappear

otherwise, is it possible it got taken away by social services due to neglect?
if you play with multiple households, and you switch between households with babies, you must take care of the baby need as soon as you load into that household
as they start with their needs very very low when you just load into it (and they won't even cry in this case, you just get the notification that they would be taken away if you won't take care of them)

another thing you can try is to move the entire household to a different lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:26 PM
I didn't get any notifications of neglect, or see a social worker... exactly how does that work in TS4?
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 5:13 PM
They just disappear, no social worker is showing up prior to that
you can see it here in 2:50 +-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUdzFNXHMlk

You can try recover the save maybe