Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 4:41 AM Last edited by KyleTheArtist : 24th Apr 2010 at 10:47 PM.
Default Benvolio Montague, V3
My Veronaville needs Benvolio So I decided to make one, and I thought to myself, that no one ever made character from Romeo + Juliet, so why not upload him. I am not done yet there many fixes need to be done to him, but I just want your opinion on him so far. I think he needs a different skin tone and I gotta tweak his nose a little bit. That is the best reference picture I could find, any help will be greatly appreciated :3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 5:55 PM
Hmmm...the original guy seems to have a fairly long and broad, but pointy chin combined with a short forehead. First, you could try moving up your sim's nose, orbits and mouth for a few clicks and then reducing the "squareness" of his jaw, giving it a more triangular shape. Increase the chin's width and length, then use the other chin button for making it more pointy.

(know which buttons I mean? The one for broadness says something like:
|__| --> |_____|
while the shape slider has this icon:
U --> V
...or something similar )

Benvolio's mouth is extremely wide. The lip shape of your sim is already very much like his, but you definitely need to widen the mouth. The lower lip could be a tad more |_____| - ish (yep, I mean the opposite of V- shaped :D). And, according to this photo, his upper lip is really pouty in comparison to the lower.

You're right about the nose, too; the nostrils are too narrow yet. Also the transition between nostrils and bridge should be less smooth. This could be fixed by using the "general nose width" slider a little; after this, make the nostrils a lot wider. Then, move up the whole nose and the tip down seperately. From side view, his nose appears to be quite flat with a slightly convex shape - maybe make the whole nose point up and then the tip down.

Finding the right shape of his eyes is difficult due to his frowning. From what I can see on the two reference pics, they're almond shaped and squint with the eyelids barely visible. There's no noticeable curve on the outer parts of his upper lid, it's almost completely straight while your sim's eyes are quite round - I'd say move the outer eye corners up and then make the eyes slant downwards a little.

On the skintone: This one looks too tanned IMHO, you need a more rosy-pale tone. The lip texture on this one is very convenient for your sim, though, so perhaps apply a reddish facemask with huuuge pores. A bit of stubble would be good, too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 9:18 PM
Thanks for feedback, I shall tweak him a bit more tonight. I found better reference picture of actual actor with not frowning eyes so it will be easier to tweak.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 10:53 PM
well, um, I have to say simulitis was very thorough...
sorry if I'm repeating anything but here's what I have to offer.
- his bottom lip needs to be wider <-->
- eyes thinner
- an extremely wider nose,
- slightly thinner jaw
- chin down a bit
- it it possible in TS2 to rotate the ears out? If so please do.
- also a bit of a noslabilial crease (if that's possible)
- rotate the eyes up a bit ^<o>v

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 5:35 AM
Version number two, with better reference picture. I'm getting there I still need different skintone.

with some stubble and make up

His nose is a pain! D8
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 6:20 AM
Hiiiiiii Kyle! Remember moi? :P

Hm, I'd bring the edges of his nose up a smidge. I also wouldn't make his jaw -that- thin.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 7:11 AM
But of course I do!

Yeah, it's a wee bit on thin side actually. Any other fixes? Because I think this version is the closest I can get.

Any skintone suggestions will be great, also any make up as well
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 11:30 AM
Looks very good already!

Have you seen this awesome set of face masks yet? It might be useful for your simmie, too!
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 12:26 PM
oo looks much better. make his nostrils taller/longer

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 10:43 PM
I think I nailed it. I'm gonna let this guy roam Veronaville and take some in game shots. You think he is good to go for an upload?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 2:22 AM
In Game shots.

He won't have scars when I upload him. It's just for my story purposes.
Scholar
#12 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 4:22 PM
I think the bottom of his cheeks need to be a bit fuller, the bottom part of his bridge needs to be wider. really go for the triangle shape with his nose.

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good sim-sculpting advice.