Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM Last edited by rosiedanielle : 24th Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM.
Ben Stiller - nearly done i think!
hi again

had a go at creating Ben Stiller because
a) he is THE best!
b) no-ones uploaded him before? WHY!!?
:P

so here, i think he could do with a few changes but i don't know quite how too.

i think i'm going for a younger Ben Stiller. Ermmm, on the face mask i made are his actual brows, on his forehead there is a very FAINT impact of wrinkles and faint smile lines. The bags are clearly visible.
Hmm. I think that's all.

Sorry about the pictures. There a very few Stiller fan sites :S therefore not many pictures to choose from. the most serious one he has a shadowed side but i just used the lighter side.

EDIT: can someone tell me how to post pictures on the thread w/o the use of photobucket because it's filling my photobucket with pictures and taking bare time. I want to know how to add them pictures you click and they go bigger on the same page.
(sorry if that doesn't make sense!) any help with that is MUCHLY appreciated!

suggestions?
thankyou,
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:32 PM
Here's the best way I can describ how to add a picture that's clickable. Upload a small preview picture first. If you don't wanna use photobucket, then just go use tinypic.com (it's free, fast, and you don't have to sign up). Then, post the [IMG]url[ /URL] for the small pic. THEN, go back to your uploader, and upload the FULL size picture. Then, take just the URL part (direct link). Come back to your post, and highlight the ENTIRE code for the small picture ( [IMG] url [/IMG), then go up to the icon that looks like a globe, (the one that lets you hightlight something and create a link), and click on it. It'll then ask what you want the like to say: keep it as the picture url, then click next/ok, then PASTE the direct link to the full image, then click ok. That's it. that'll make a clickable picture!

Oh, and on reguards to your sim. I say make the bottom lip a click or two thinner, and squish the eyes in (left to right) like one click.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:42 AM
I think u need to bring the ears out a little more & try to make the nose thinner and a tad longer....also try to suck cheeks in so u get the dimples if u can.

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:12 AM
eyes a bit less wide, and closer together, different hair, flatter bottom lip, and slightly smaller nose bulb. but he's pretty close thus far. Just tweaks here and there.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:04 PM Last edited by rosiedanielle : 12th Jun 2009 at 2:48 PM.
Clw8, i tryed it but it didn't quite work as i would have liked but using tinypic was much quicker so thanks for that!

how would i make the ears stick out more? the only option on BS is to make them bigger.

i'll get updating now. oh yday after i posted i added nose make up and hollow cheeks which kind of bring out the dimples but i'll change on photoshop if it's not enough.

------------------

EDIT:

here we goo.

erm got some new hair but still the hairlines a bit funny and i had a go at making my own but it didn't work :/
changed everything but the ears

i'll get some ingame shots next if everybodies happy with him.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
Ehm, maybe i'd change the shape of his top lip a bit, 1 click fuller or something. and maybe his mouth just a click lower and wider. Other then those (minute) things, i think he looks amazing :D.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:03 PM
oh right and i'd make the tip of his nose one click higher.
Banned
#8 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
his mouth could be a little bit smaler than he looks great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:29 PM Last edited by rosiedanielle : 17th Jun 2009 at 1:25 PM.

Sorry I haven't been updating him my Sims2s been down

Erm, theres no hollow cheek mask on him anymore because i lost it when everything broke and there's a new nose mask on it. It doesn't make the nose look as dark.
The eyes also went So i recoloured some of Shadys eyes.

Ermm touched the nose up 2 clicks. Didnt know what todo with the lips because I had one suggestion of making them wider and fuller and another of making them smaller...
So i filled the top lip in, made them wider then made both the bottom and top lips thinner (that button where you edit both at the same time.) If that makes sense! :P

Some ingame shots. I hate taking this they take time and i can never get him to do what i want.
> CAS

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:14 PM
it's been nearly a week now - should i upload him?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:19 PM
He's looking really good! The one thing i might change, is the shape of his lips, the upper lip. I don't know how exactly, but his upper lip just seems a little off. Otherwise, he looks amazing.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:19 PM
Oh, and something else: maybe you could change his hair to something a bit curlier?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:25 PM Last edited by rosiedanielle : 21st Jun 2009 at 4:09 PM.
i've been looking all over for hair D:
i'll start working on his mouth, i might start his mouth from scratch.

before and after.
he doesn't look much different - still looking for hair fyi.

i fiddled with his face a bit more, made his face a bit longer actually and messed with the eyebrows.
as for his lips i clicked the first maxis premade lips to full and then made his top lip a bit more 'pouty' and added a bit of volume. His mouth is a bit lower down aswell.

*I'm gettin OFB on tuesday for my birthday )) - are there any alright maxis hair that would suit this sim from that expansion?*

what about HystericalParoxysm's 'Gauis' hair.
it sort of looks a little better... he does have longer hair as of lately.
:'(
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:15 PM
ohh man. seeing as it went quiet on here i've been dieing to try my luck at uploading him and when i went to package him i was on the wrong bit of body shop and deleted him
so i've basically started again, i still had his skin so thats okay - just had to reshape the face as close as i could remember.

it's been so long, he's turning into a right nightmare D:
what do you guys think now.
Banned
#15 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:33 PM
i think his nose looked better at the 2nd thread. it looks so flat now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:45 PM Last edited by rosiedanielle : 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:33 PM.
i think thats because of the nose mask, i lost the original when i cleared out all the custom content that i couldn't recognise to rename.

UPDATE FROM MY GOSSIP GIRL THREAD:i have new nose masks! So i'll try and find one from 40 that suits :P

peachy! ♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:13 PM
Default Ben Stiller - Tell me how to improve him :)
NEW PICS:
i updated him loads because i downloaded Edward Cullen sim by VeraMarina and he came with loads of useful cc.

< offtopic > Now everyones not as sickly obssessed with twilight, i'm actually starting to enjoy the book and lovee the film! </ offtopic>

erm yeahh. and did some comparison pics which showed me how off his face was. I had to make his chin HUGE, i mean like maxed out for his entire face to fit, it was quite weird but i think i've solved the problem. he just has a big head now :P

*NOTE ON THE HAIR please* I cannot find any suitable hair. Trust me i have looked all over. So please dont say 'find better hair'. Besides I'd want to package him with Maxis hair anyway.

peachy! ♥
Forum Resident
#18 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:41 PM
I think your Sim is awesome.

Just one little thing that is bothering me - his top lip is a bit too bowed, but otherwise excellent.

How do you get pictures to go half? I suppose you crop them and put the two halves together in a photoshop programme?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
im sorry, what do you mean by 'bowed'?
ermm, curvy?

and yeah.
- make sure you have the photo open in one window and body shop open next to it (also make sure they're the same sorta size).
- then print screen and i just use MSPaint - the one that comes with windows. (I do have Paintshop Pro but it takes to long to load up for a screen shot.)
- Just use the selection tool and slice his face in have then drag it onto the photo. I usually line up from the chin and make sure the middle part of the nose is along the same line.

erm to save the pic select around the new comparison picture (half sim/half photo) and right click>copy to. Choose the place to save and tada.

----------------------

the problem with the lips though is that when my sim is on the right; the lips don't line up and when the sim is on the left; the lips line up perfect!
bahh

peachy! ♥
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:14 PM
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Yes, I mean curvy, Ben Stiller's are less curvy in the top lip than your Sim. It's at the corners of the lips that are the problem. His lips just need a little flattening out.

I see you are around the forum. Would you mind taking a look at my Barack Obama and tell me what you think. Thanks a ton.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:19 PM
ah right. and it's no problem.

made his lip less curvy. it fits a little bit more.

peachy! ♥
Forum Resident
#22 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:26 PM
Even less curvy and I personally would take out the lipstick and make them more matt, but that is me.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:28 PM
It looks REALLY good ^-^ I want to download!
I'm sorry I can't be of any assistance (your work may get messed up if I gave you any).

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM
audrey do you mean the bottom lip aswell? and yeah i will try and find a more matt lipstick.
thanks nintendolover, i'm trying to get as much feedback as poss before i upload, im scared of a rejection :P

UPDATE:

i think the lipstick looks a bit too feminine so im going to look round for some man lipsticks. i have liek 2 but they're way to dark and one to red to match his skin tone. his lips are more natural pink.

peachy! ♥
Mad Poster
#25 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:38 PM
Haha, I'm not even going to bother uploading again XD I don't think I can make an awesome custom made sim myself. ^-^ I usually take already made sims and edit them- and keep them for myself.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: useful sim-sculpting information
Page 1 of 3