Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:22 AM
New sim... Is she unique enough? (other)
Ok, I really don't make unique looking sims, so I don't know about this one. What do you guys think?

Sorry its so big... Here's the original face: (or whatever its called, I'm new to putting sims on here)

and with no cc:

Soooo...
What do you think? Is it okay?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:26 AM
Shes unique alright. But to upload a sim to the other category you need to create most of the CC. How much CC is yours?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeowyn22
Shes unique alright. But to upload a sim to the other category you need to create most of the CC. How much CC is yours?

I know. But I suck at making cc, so none is mine.

I'll try to make something though. How much do you have to make?
Instructor
#4 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:36 AM
Most if not all. :[

I would love to make an other sim, but the consequence is everyone has to make their own CC, no matter how much they suck at it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:43 AM
Most if not all. :[

I would love to make an other sim, but the consequence is everyone has to make their own CC, no matter how much they suck at it.

Aw. Ok... maybe I'll make the eyes and some other stuff then.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:45 AM
Sorry, she's not unique.
Comparison pic:

All you did was make her eyes bigger and alter her brows a bit, as well as widening the nose.
Her facial shape is exactly the same, and she doesn't look realistic at all.

This stuff takes time and effort, I think you should tweak her A LOT more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:07 AM
How about now?
Ok, here she is now. Is she better? I really don't know. Oh, and I made the eyes. (I'm kinda proud of myself for that lol)

Instructor
#8 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:16 AM
Can we see with no CC?
And the eyes wont be enough. Sorry :[
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:25 AM
Although you've tweaked her, the features are all in the exact position as the Maxis Face 1. The eyes are the same width apart, the nose hasn't moved, etc.
You need to move things around.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:28 AM
Can we see with no CC?
And the eyes wont be enough. Sorry :[

I know, I'm gonna make more.

no cc:
Instructor
#11 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:34 AM
She looks so much more unique in both no CC pictures. I think its the eyebrows. I agree with striaghtroad, keep moving the features around.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:56 AM
Ok guys, I'm gonna go.

This is what I have so far:

I'll do some more stuff tomorrow. Bye!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:58 AM
That's better, but make her forehead and eyes smaller. (No person has eyes that big
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:58 PM
Maybe try moving the cheeks inwards, and the jaw area a bit further outwards?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:31 PM

Here she is now (I made blush and the mole)

Zombie Socks
#16 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:37 PM
I'm sorry, but she still look way too much like face #1. Her face shape is what needs the most changing. Overall, most of her needs changing, though. Use all the sliders you possibly can and don't be afraid to experiment!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:17 PM
Heres a side to side view:

the one on the left is mine
Zombie Socks
#18 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:55 PM
Yes, she's very maxis. I know it can be hard, but just keep experimenting! You need to make a lot of major changes first.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2009 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
Yes, she's very maxis. I know it can be hard, but just keep experimenting! You need to make a lot of major changes first.

Like...?

I need help! lol
Zombie Socks
#20 Old 17th May 2009 at 10:25 PM
Okay! Here's what I did when I was first making unique sims:

Stop trying to make them look attractive. Don't make them look like aliens or anything, but just turn off your pretty filter and go wild with sliders! Once you've made a really unique sim, then you can go back and edit them to make them a unique kind of pretty.

Hope that helps!

Forum Resident
#21 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:07 PM
One of the things I learned in here for making unique sims (probably from whitewaterwood, actually!) was to quit trying to make them look beautiful and experiment with the sliders that you normally wouldn't - use EVERY slider in one way or another. It will look strange at first but it will eventually come together

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Forum Resident
#22 Old 18th May 2009 at 6:09 AM
Make her realistic.
If you look at people, how many of them have tennis-ball sized eyes, perfect full lips, and a skinny heartshaped face with a tiny chin?
Not many.

Make her eyes smaller and move them closer together. That usually makes them a lot more realistic looking
Field Researcher
#23 Old 27th May 2009 at 10:46 PM
Like straightroad and whitewaterwood said: Play around with as many sliders as you can. Also don't make them perfect, every sim doesn't have to be model material, everyone has their flaws.
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info