Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 10:29 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 20th Apr 2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Removing attachment
Default Untuckable Edward Cullen Shirts + 1 Zombie Shirt for TF
Hey everyone! :D

I've made 2 Edward Cullen t-shirts and 1 zombie t-shirt using migamoo's mesh. Please tell me what you think! Also, you NEED her mesh.

(I hated making my sim's hair short! DX She's the one with the silver skin.)

Any questions regarding the models will be answered if you ask, because I won't be putting the credits in here. >>
Screenshots

http://sazuni.deviantart.com/
In the garden, the serpent rules, until the gardener comes;
But as he approaches the serpent sweats, but never seems to run.
As the man lifts his heel to kill the dreaded beast,
The snake gets in one last laugh and has the darkest feast.
-My best friend Alexx <33
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 10:39 PM
Please don't post .package files here, that's not necessary for Feedback. If you have an issue that requires looking at the actual file (but you don't sound like you do), you should be posting in the create section instead.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 10:41 PM
Well, for upload, you really should credit the hair on those that have custom hair, if nothing else. Better to just list what you used rather than having to deal with "omg where did you get the...?" comments.

The shirts themselves look okay, I guess - the closeup of the zombie shirt especially (but all of them to some degree) cuts off at the bottom, though, and that particular shirt, the top of it around the text looks very crunchy, like it's too light and not blended into the fabric very well.

I've removed your attachment as this area is for getting feedback on your creations via pics, not uploading the actual files.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 11:03 PM
*laughs* Love that zombie T-shirt!

What we really need to see is close-up pictures of all the shirts in normal "standing-still" positions. All of them look about ready to be uploaded, but without closer pictures we won't be able to tell.

Also, one more suggestion, is that choker on the zombie T-shirt included with the T-shirt? If not, you should take it off your model so people don't get the wrong idea. Overall, an excellent job!

By the way: Welcome to ModtheSims2!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 11:33 PM
In addition to HP's comments, a lot of the letters have some pure black inside them that looks wrong. Like inside the "e" in "i <3 edward..." and so forth. That pure black should be cut out, because as-is it makes the logos look pasted on instead of like they're part of the shirt. Be careful to cut it out nice and cleanly so you don't end up with pixellated edges. I'd also suggest you make the logo layers a tiny bit transparent so they look even more like they're part of the shirt. That way they'll pick up the shirt's texture and shading a bit. Also, the red heart looks very bright to me. Maybe try lowering its saturation a bit.

So to summarize, here's what would need changing before uploading:

1. Clean up the logos. Remove the black bits inside the letters. Blend that zombie logo in with the shirt better. Make sure everything is crisp and clear. Try making the logos a tiny bit transparent and making the red a little less bright.

2. Take nice close screenshots that show the whole shirt, from head (or neck) to fingertips. The current closeups are cut off at the bottom, and the faraway pics are too far/small.

3. Either remove the necklace, or mention in your post whether or not it's part of the shirt. (This step is optional but a good idea.)

4. Remember to credit everything properly in your post. You absolutely have to credit migamoo with a link since you've used her mesh and textures, but it's also a good idea to credit the hair and other CC. If you don't credit that stuff you're bound to get questions about it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 1:10 AM
Ok, thank you for the helpful tips. Here are just a few notes: I DID notice the black in the letters, no the choker is not part of the shirt, and the layers for the text are transparent. It's kinda hard to make it look texturized when there isn't much texture to begin with. I'm just starting out anyway, so I'm sure my future creations will be better.

Thanks for looking though! :D

EDIT: I have tried to upload this before and had the same problem with the textures. I needed to make it look like part of the shirt and not just copy and paste. I also credited EVERYTHING in my upload form.

http://sazuni.deviantart.com/
In the garden, the serpent rules, until the gardener comes;
But as he approaches the serpent sweats, but never seems to run.
As the man lifts his heel to kill the dreaded beast,
The snake gets in one last laugh and has the darkest feast.
-My best friend Alexx <33
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 12:51 PM
Well, if you had tried uploading before (or now) then you probably would have gotten either rejected or a changes required for the texturing alone as well as the screenshots. So, I certainly wouldn't say it's "ready for upload".

Good luck on the textures!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread | Locked by: lidiqnata Reason: some useful tips