Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:18 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 26th May 2015 at 6:38 PM.
@simsfreq
We use those hacks when we're populating the neighborhood but you don't need to have them installed now. It's not necessary.

@Peni Griffin
OK, I'll update the list.

ETA: Now, all of the community lots can be clearly seen. (Yellow numbers = community lots)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:54 PM
Could I have lot #21 please? I will create a family and may be able to create a lot if one of my parents will let me install the base game on their laptop! If not I can give some ideas/requirements for the house so that it fits the family I create?
Trainee Moderator
#28 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:07 PM
@lauratje86

Yes, of course. I'll add you to the list. You can give us some ideas/requirements for your family's house if you can't create the lot. Let's hope you can build that house.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:11 PM
Oh! Wow! I just wanted to say, especially to those who are pitching in from outside the group: Thank you! This is all great!

ETA: Who's currently working on this neighborhood?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
simsfreq
We use those hacks when we're populating the neighborhood but you don't need to have them installed now. It's not necessary.

Okay, great Do I need them if I want to create sims, too? I'll just build first. I saw that you want the houses to be built and saved without any inhabitants.

ETA: And if I am contributing, I think it's about time I get myself an avatar! :P

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:21 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 26th May 2015 at 7:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
ETA: And if I am contributing, I think it's about time I get myself an avatar! :P

You don't have to have one, unless you want to join the group. Would you like to be an official member?
Trainee Moderator
#32 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:31 PM
@simsfreq I myself would get the inhbabited version if I would download a custom neighborhood but there are people who don't want any sims (because they already have too many sims or other reasons why)
That's why we create the lots first and then, create the families once all of the lots are done.

But you can create the family now. I'll extract them from the neighborhood and and save them somewhere safe. Once the neighborhood is finished, I'll add your sims to the neighborhood. Promise!
As for the hacks, most of them are corruption-fixing hacks. You don't need them if you just create the family but I would get argon's archfix before creating any sims. Two of the CAS face templates are broken and the children won't inherit the facial features properly. I would also be careful about the pre-made face presents. Some of them link to the elf template but some of them are OK. You can find it out by aging your sim down or up and see whether his/her facial features are broken or not.

Good luck!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#33 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:41 PM
Ok here is lot # 17 The Playground.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Playground.7z (285.3 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#34 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:56 PM
@lauratje86

Yes, of course. I'll add you to the list. You can give us some ideas/requirements for your family's house if you can't create the lot. Let's hope you can build that house.

Thanks! :-)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:09 PM
This is perfect.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by youcrAzy
This is perfect.

Thank you! Feel free to pitch in!

If no one minds, I'd like to work on lot 25 (as well as 26 and 27 if possible, but for now, 25 will be enough. ) I wanna build a BG apartment building.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:53 PM
@applesauce58 When you upload families to have us extract them for this hood just package up the house they live in and upload that instead of the complete hood. It will save you time in uploading.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#38 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:57 PM
@marka93 We want to create an empty version as well. So, they'll have to pack their lots when it was unoccupied and then again, when they created the family.

@applesauce58 You said you were unable to use the AnyGameStarter so, did you have all of the EPs installed when you created lot #44?

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#39 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Jan 2016 at 11:55 AM.
Unfortunately, the game can't read lots and families which are created in an EP game. Thankfully, you can extract the sims into BodyShop and clone them there; this will remove the EP requirement but this can't be done with the lots.

Your lot looks beautiful. It would be a shame if we didn't include it. I'll try to recreate that lot but many of the wall decorations and such won't be there because they came with an later EP.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#40 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:13 PM
I finished creating an "apartment building", should I upload the new version of the new neighborhood, along with marka's Playground lot?
Trainee Moderator
#41 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:16 PM
I think, it's better if you pack the house as a .sims2pack and upload it in that way. It will save you time in uploading. Thus, it would be easier to work at the same time as well.

Now, I'm curious. I'd like to see what you've done.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:20 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 26th May 2015 at 9:24 PM. Reason: empty community lots
I think, it's better if you pack the house as a .sims2pack and upload it in that way. It will save you time in uploading. Thus, it would be easier to work at the same time as well.

Now, I'm curious. I'd like to see what you've done.

Hehe! Well, I also added two more empty community lots, so isn't it better if I just upload the whole thing?

Oh! And pictures (Let me know what you think! ):
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#43 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:23 PM
I love it! It looks nice! Great job on this lot! I forgot to add you to the list. I'll do this now.

ETA: You can upload it but upload the neighborhood into post #1 and delete the older version.
I'll have to redo the lot number map with the new community lots then.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#44 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:28 PM
I love it! It looks nice! Great job on this lot! I forgot to add you to the list. I'll do this now.

Ah! Thanks!

Okay, I thought it's best to upload the neighborhood, at least for you, Jawusa, to see what's going on.

ETA: Marka's Playground lot is also included in this version. (Great work, marka!)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EH01 V8 (For Jawusa Only).zip (8.94 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Just to avoid any confusion. :)
Trainee Moderator
#45 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:29 PM
You're too fast for me! LOL! Did you read my "ETA"?

Anyway, I'll download it and re-upload it into post #1. Does it include the playground lot?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#46 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:31 PM
You're too fast for me! LOL! Did you read my "ETA"?

Oh! Lol! Sorry! Didn't see it. I guess you edited your post while I uploaded the neighborhood.

Okay, no worries, will add it to the first post.

ETA: Oops again! Haha! Just saw your new ETA. Ok, switching to low speed...
Trainee Moderator
#47 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:36 PM
It's in the first post now.

I'll try to rebuild applesauce58's lot now.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#48 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:42 PM
Wow, everyone is really fast! And meanwhile I loaded my game twice, forgot to change the options, suffered one crash, and got nowhere I'm heading to bed now, but I'l have a try tomorrow to get something done

I'm okay now with being a guest contributor. I don't know whether I'll always have time to partake in projects like this, so I'll stay outside, I wasn't sure how it worked. But collaborating is fun!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Trainee Moderator
#49 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:24 PM
Applesauce58's lot is finished. Please let me know if I missed anything. I had to change the roof a bit because we can't lower roofs with just the base game.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  1 Harbor Drive Lot44.rar (534.9 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Description: House for applesauce58's family

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#50 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:33 PM
Well, I tried to get it as accurate as possible but I had to improvise a lot.

It's a nice lot. I like the unique living room.

My Simblr
Page 2 of 34