Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:21 PM
Default People Still Play This?
not being rude but people still play sims medieval? how do you keep the game interesting?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:24 PM
I dDon't know if there are many people playing this game but I am enjoying it right now.
I recently started playing this game again after a long break. I try to tell different stories in different kingdoms to keep it interesting. For this reason I use the showallvalidquests cheat a lot, so I have more choice in the stories my sims can get involved in.
Completing the watchers achievement is also more interesting than I expected. For some achievements I need to do things I would have never done in a normal game.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 10:13 PM
I definitely do! I pretty much do what Atreya does.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:23 PM
Yah, I definitely still play on occasion! Not very frequently (I don't play ANY of the Sims games frequently at the moment because my laptop sucks and I can't be bothered installing them on the other computer) but every once in a while I'll get in the mood for some medieval scenery I'll generally come up with more elaborate stories in my head than the game can actually provide - I do that with all Sims games though, and I imagine other people do too, since it's a lot of fun to make up all sorts of ideas and characters - and have detailed concepts for each kingdom and/or "role" to keep it interesting. Furthermore, it can be fun to play with the challenges/quests/whatever sometimes. I love how sandboxy the other Sims games are (aaand one of the countless reasons I was displeased with TS4 was that it seemed more goal-oriented) but at times it can be fun to do actual quests, and I appreciate the work they put into the story element of TSM. It reminds me a little bit of the small story elements in TS2 you'd get when playing pre-made families, such as when you first start playing the Goths and Cassandra is about to get married and you get special little messages about it etc, it's just obviously a lot more elaborate in TSM. I enjoyed The Sims Pet Stories and Castaway Stories for those same reasons, pretty much.

EDIT: I'm currently looking for mods for TSM to spice up the game a little, as I am currently in one of those medieval moods, and that's actually how I stumbled upon this thread!

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:09 PM
I still do and I agree with everything that Kithie said in her post. I'm also looking for mods to spice the game up as well but there is so little of those compared to the other games. It might be because the game can hardly be modded to the modder's liking without breaking the game or it could be that most of the sim community has forgotten or tries to forget the game mostly because it resembles more like Life Stories than it does a Sims game and is practically not something the sim community doesn't consider to be a 'Sims' game.

To me, I like how the game resembles Life Stories rather than a Sims game but just takes place in Medieval times mostly because of how stories are (sometimes) amazingly written or are just so damn funny and wacky just like a sims should be.

I would actually love to play as a vampire in the Sims medieval because it's practically has a ton of fantasy elements in the game that it makes absolute sense for vampires to be in the game. I just wish that EA made more out of Sims Medieval than having just an expansion pack and called it a day.

I mean there's a sim by the name of Vladimir in the game that has the title of blood prince or something like that and wears all red clothing.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSims23Nerd
I mean there's a sim by the name of Vladimir in the game that has the title of blood prince or something like that and wears all red clothing.

Vladimir the Blood Scholar? Yes, he's definitely a man of mystery.

Perhaps if EA had continued to make expansions for TSM, they would have focused on the other providences, sort of how Pirates and Nobles was linked to both Aarbyville and Tredony. I really would have liked to have actually been able to travel to Ticktop and to all the other kingdoms. Of course, I would have also liked to have been able to build everything from scratch and have sims rise through the generations from peasant-stock to nobility, but that will never happen now. Ah, what could have been...!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:00 AM
I play and play with only one cheat ( motherlode) and no mods. not my choice just I can't figure out how to make it work. I have no problems with The sims 3 or The Sims 4 downloading mods and using cheats. but at a lost when it comes to editing files for TSM, but at the end I will have a sense of accomplishment doing quest without mods.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:06 PM
BTW guys? I was thinking about something with Sims Medieval. So Sims Medieval is the only game to have religion in the game, right? So something I've been thinking of is well, why that is and to be frank I can only think of one reason. The religion of the watcher faded away after the medieval period in history. So basically the two religions of the Watcher faded away because of the Sims Universe being a alternate reality of our universe, which sounds completely insane as hell but think about this for a second. If we exclude any fantasy elements from the sims series such as vampires, werewolves, and demon-spawn unicorns from my little pony hell, our timeline and the sims timelines are just pretty much the same. But the point where our timeline and the sims timelines becomes alternate timelines is during the medieval era.

In our timeline, Christianity should be pretty much be called the "Secret World Order of the Medieval World" as if you even mention the word "Science" you will either be beheaded, hung, or exiled from the religion which basically means "Good fucking luck at being homeless, heretic.". Basically saying our timeline and the reason why we don't have hovering vehicles and hover boards (as in terms of sims into the future hover boards) is mostly because of Christianity pretty much dominating everything in Medieval Life.

In the Sims Timeline, however, the Peteran and Jacoban religions did stay for a while but ultimately lost it's battle with science and the religion itself faded into history while scientific thinking is on the top of everyone's mind. I don't know why the sims series isn't set place into the future but instead of modern life if this is their plan but I have only one theory why that would be... well... more like one family which I think you know whom I'm talking about if you're a huge simmer like I am. The Landgraabs; if any family can push the limit of science and society, it would be the Landgraabs no doubt in my mind. Let's think about it. They built Sunset Valley AND Pleasentview, (forgive me if I am wrong about Pleasentview, It's been a long ass time since I played Sims 2.) they pretty much own almost every single science building in every sims 3 neighborhood, they're practically one of the richest motherfuckers in the whole sims series, and they're family history extends to as far as Into The Future, if not beyond. (If the Lunar Lakes neighborhood is after Into the Future) The Landgraabs also appears in Sims Medieval (If you have Pirates and Nobles DLC) known by their medieval terms Landegraab.

Since I told you all this, what do you think about my theory? To me, I think this makes perfect sense (well most of it) on why there isn't a single thing mentioning religion in mainstream Sims Series from Sims 1 to Sims 3. (Note: Sims 4 doesn't count as a mainstream game due to it being another example of EA's ideology of profits instead of quality, which we might as well say our goodbye to the sims series and our strange and weird sim childhoods in it's entirety as SimCity and The Sims are gone completely.)
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:59 AM
To be honest I totally forgot i owned tsm till i saw it on here. I may have to check it out again.

IN WAR, PRAY OVER THE DEAD AND RIDE ON, FOR THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FIGHT ON THE HORIZON.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:44 PM
I definately play and enjoy the game.
Not exactly daily or weekly, but whenever I do open it I usually spend a lot of hours in it and have a great time and then repeat that for about a week before I give it a break again. That way I don't burn out on it ^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yamina-chan
I definately play and enjoy the game.
Not exactly daily or weekly, but whenever I do open it I usually spend a lot of hours in it and have a great time and then repeat that for about a week before I give it a break again. That way I don't burn out on it ^^

I do the same with my game. I find the writing keeps me coming back to it,it can be quite funny at times.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:31 PM
Dunno about still... I just bought it today because it was on sale with additional EPs for a tenner. Shame it had to be Origin though, but ho-hum!

Been watching excessive amounts of Highlander recently and it put me in the mood for taking a trip back in time (albeit a little further back than Connor Macleod's era) and creating a Medieval ancestor for my current TS3 Sim.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:11 AM
Hahahaha! Oh you're serious... Yes people still play it, mostly the people who like it are into medieval games and like games like ESO and Skyrim that take place in a medieval fantasy world. I myself like the more roleplay esc style of the game and that is what keeps me interested in since it feels more like your playing a roleplay game than a simulator game due to the quest lines, the extra side missions, and the story lines for each character. So to answer your question my friend, yes people do still play it and love it! Though it takes a more imaginative mind to enjoy it, one that you don't seem to possess seeing as you don't find it interesting or enjoyable as much as you could where you more creative and where actually into a more Medieval style game theme. So yes people still play it and to be fair I wish that The Sims Medieval had gotten more recognition from EA than it did, think of how amazing a new The Sims Medieval would be with all the new game and programming tech of today, they could do great things.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
Hahahaha! Oh you're serious... Yes people still play it, mostly the people who like it are into medieval games and like games like ESO and Skyrim that take place in a medieval fantasy world. I myself like the more roleplay esc style of the game and that is what keeps me interested in since it feels more like your playing a roleplay game than a simulator game due to the quest lines, the extra side missions, and the story lines for each character. So to answer your question my friend, yes people do still play it and love it! Though it takes a more imaginative mind to enjoy it, one that you don't seem to possess seeing as you don't find it interesting or enjoyable as much as you could where you more creative and where actually into a more Medieval style game theme. So yes people still play it and to be fair I wish that The Sims Medieval had gotten more recognition from EA than it did, think of how amazing a new The Sims Medieval would be with all the new game and programming tech of today, they could do great things.

I can't say it's giving me any sort of Elder Scrolls feel, but it certainly gives me a Bard's Tale vibe. Especially the music.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:43 AM
Hi guys, I still play It! It's got such a warm feeling to it and I've been playing it on and off for years. I was wondering if somebody could help me though, as I've recently bought a new gaming laptop which allows me to max out the settings on this game (and others) but the image in the game is not as good as it should be. Does it have anything to do with it not recognising my graphics card? It said as much when I first installed the game

Cheers and I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place!
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st May 2020 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liammedieval
Hi guys, I still play It! It's got such a warm feeling to it and I've been playing it on and off for years. I was wondering if somebody could help me though, as I've recently bought a new gaming laptop which allows me to max out the settings on this game (and others) but the image in the game is not as good as it should be. Does it have anything to do with it not recognising my graphics card? It said as much when I first installed the game

Cheers and I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place!

I don't have a gaming laptop and I have everything maxed out. It didn't recognize my graphics card either, because the game is older than it. Remember this is an older game and graphics are not as advanced as more recent games. Are you sure you're not expecting something that is just not there?

I'm adding 2 screenshots of my game as reference.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:38 PM
Thank you for your reply

I think it has something to do with the pixel shader that is needed. I'm not sure if I have that or not. I'm not computer literate at all and I wouldn't know where to start to look for it. All I know is that it is found in your graphics card? I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 if that helps?
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liammedieval
Thank you for your reply

I think it has something to do with the pixel shader that is needed. I'm not sure if I have that or not. I'm not computer literate at all and I wouldn't know where to start to look for it. All I know is that it is found in your graphics card? I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 if that helps?

This is not my area of expertise either. The pixel shader is a spec of your card. I only have a GeForce 920MX and I have no problem with the effects, so I don't think that's the problem. Laptops usually have 2 graphic cards, one for simple tasks and another for heavier ones. Are you sure your laptop is choosing the right one when you play this game? Also, this might sound stupid, but have you changed the game resolution to match your screen resolution?
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 5:16 PM
Yes I do! In my opinion this game is a hidden gem <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 7:49 PM
I recently got Pirates & Nobles for myself because I wanted to be on my free time when I play such a wonderful game. Played for, like 6 months. It is an amazing game that gives taste of both sandbox (even though it is limited) and rpg. Depends on your playing style. I like myself having some "goals" rather than just hangin around, do sex, breed, age up etc. You can cook your own drama, and bend it through quest choices, which is amazing. However, it is unfortunately more "consumable" compared to other sims games.

I mean, I have recently discovered all possible outcomes of all quest, I had 15+ kind of different kingdoms with cooked by 15+ different dramas, I have read all possible story boxes, discovered all features even in P&N, and after a while, it is repetition. Probably after I finish all ambitions in plat level (3 ambitions left), I will delete it because I have already consumed it. Like I have consumed Harry Potter series and there is no point to reread it like 50th.

I have a goal currently which is I am focused on; finish all ambitions on plat level. That is the urge of me playing. I downloaded Grim core for aging my child sims, which provide me some TS3 generation drama cooking. I am REALLY SAD that there is not many more exp packs for it. This game is like a delicious slim piece of cake. It is very delicious, but very slim piece.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 1:17 PM
I've actually just started playing. Quite enjoying it despite the strict limits by the quests, as I've started to realise as long as you keep quest performance up by completing daily career tasks, you can take your time for quests. Makes a nice change from Sims 4 and 3.

Does anyone have any tips on playing and recommended mods? I've been looking at the Carl's gude for it and at the Wiki for it as well