Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 4:16 PM
Default Looking for a few brave souls
MTS is looking for fresh talent again! But unlike previous years, we're looking for something a bit different this time. Specifically, we are looking for staff members to plan, coordinate, and run community events and outreach. Creative? Love contests and challenges? Have fresh ideas for themes? Enjoy problem solving and working with a team and getting stuff done? This might just be the place for you!

What will this involve?
  • You will be in charge of making community events happen. This will include all stages, from coming up with ideas to organizing to running events to handing out stickers etc at the end.
  • You will also manage community outreach. This will include exciting new things we have planned! Things like writing regular posts with gameplay tips and interviewing creators about their process for articles.
  • You will be full-fledged staff members. This is not a site helper role.
  • You will be working with a motivated team of volunteers. We need people who play well with others, but who are also capable of getting things done without being micromanaged.

Though, to be honest, this position is a new one for us. So the specific tasks involved might change a bit as all of us learn what works best for everyone. Additionally, depending on the skills of the applicants, we may ask people to:
  • Create graphics for banners, stickers, and site announcements
  • Finding and creating content to post on the MTS Tumblr.
  • Moderate gameplay challenges

What won't this involve?
  • Moderating uploads
  • Moderating the discussion forums

What are the requirements?
We are looking for people who:
  • Are enthusiastic about community events. This is probably obvious, but just making that clear.
  • Have strong English-language proficiency. Perfection is not required, and you do not need to be a native English speaker, but this will involve a lot of writing and reading in English, including in a live chat situation.
  • Will be able to be around fairly consistently. You don't need to spend hours and hours every day on MTS, but most staff members do some stuff for the site at least 5 days a week. If you will regularly be unable to be present for multi-day stretches, this will likely be problematic.

How do I apply?
First, reread this post! Once you've done that, fill out this form. It is a fairly brief questionnaire which should only take around 5 minutes to complete for most people.

After we have had a decent number of applicants, we will close the form and begin looking through the responses. I will post in this thread when that happens, to keep people updated. Once we select our "longlist" of candidates, we will ask each one selected to come chat with us in the MTS Discord chat, so we can get to know everyone better and so you can get to know us and ask any questions you may have.

After those chats are complete, the staff will look over all of the longlist candidates one more time and decide who we want to bring on as trainee moderators. Trainees are real staff members, with staff powers, but they will work closely with more experienced staff as we teach them the ropes and guide them through everything. The trainee stage varies in length. Most trainees are trainees for at least two months, though this varies on the individual.

So, in conclusion...

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 5:22 PM Last edited by HarVee : 28th Jan 2019 at 11:48 PM.
I'm intrigued with this concept. Community outreach has been decent on MTS throughout the years, but I've always felt improvements could be made. I'd say yes I am with ya.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#3 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 6:42 PM
I used to do a lot of contest hosting and stuff years ago, might consider it
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 7:11 PM
I've sent in an application! I may not have been active here in the past few years, as mental health caused me to retreat further into a shell, but I am coming out of it now and I'd like to be more involved in the community. Also, since the aforementioned mental health issues mean I am unable to work in an actual... workplace... I have nothing but time to Sim and do stuff online. I'd be more than happy to help out!

A few things I'd like to say about myself: I have varying levels of experience with all four Sims games, mostly TS2, and I am really passionate about the games and the community. I love contests and challenges, although I haven't entered many here, and coming up with ideas for Sim-related stuff is one of my major off-screen pastimes. As a generally kind and friendly Simmer, I have always tried to be respectful and polite when chatting online. And I really enjoy having problems to work through and challenges to tackle - I've helped with coding projects for other Simmers, and I will keep poking the thing until it works. Sometimes until three o'clock in the morning.

One question I forgot to put on my application: could I be disqualified if I kinda said a few things on tumblr ages ago that may have been dissing MTS because I was upset about something that doesn't even matter any more? All is forgiven, by the way. I'm sorry.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:36 PM
Can I just say how much I love the idea of having 'articles' posted on the site with gameplay and building tips and interviews with creators?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:36 PM
Thanks to everyone who has applied so far!

@nuidyaforever - Nothing I've seen in your application inherently disqualifies you so far. We are aware of your tumblr post, but it is among many other factors that we are deliberating.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Helptato
#7 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:47 PM
Applied! I love the events on here

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]