Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Vulrien : 28th Feb 2019 at 12:44 AM.
Default Game of Thrones: Melisandre and Cersei Lannister
Apparently I don't understand how to finish one project before beginning another. I uploaded my Daenerys sim and got 4 stars so I thought I may as well post her here and see if anybody has any comments on how to improve, as for Kit I really need some help pointing out what is wrong and needs fixing. Thanks very much!
Daenerys Targaryen:

Jon Snow:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:48 PM
Daenerys looks great, the only thing I really see that could even be tweaked a tiny bit more is to make her nose a bit less pronounced, especially at the bridge. Not really needed though, honestly. You can clearly see who she is even just at a glance.

For Jon, I do have a few suggestions- the first thing I notice is his eyes- your Sim has much larger and rounder eyes than Jon/Kit, and the eyes change the vibe you get from the person more than just about anything else (that's part of why Dany looks so good, IMHO). I'd tweak that, and the hair and beard both need to be expanded some... especially in the lefthand picture of Jon, his beard is more a BEARD, where I think your Sim still just has stubble. The hair needs to be all around the head too, rather than just on top of it- assuming you're trying for Jon Snow and not Kit Harrington. I'd also go for different clothing if you have the time/skill/whatever to do that (I know I don't, so I don't really know how much your skills from Sim-making translate over into clothes-making)- what he's wearing right now would be a recipe for really quick frostbite north of the Wall! I might make his face a bit more pointed, but it doesn't need much- both Dany and Jon's face shapes are almost spot-on, and if that's not the case, that is what I usually think makes celebrity/character Sims look wrong... I'm impressed!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 12:47 AM
Really amazing work on these! You've obviously been working on them for a while. I totally agree that the face shapes are looking really, really good. Zarathustra already mentioned what I'd say about Jon's eyes and beard (his hairline looks great).

For her, I wonder if you might try her eyes just a teeny bit wider apart? Even just a notch or two? I agree that the end of her nose is a little more pronounced than it should be, and the tip should tilt up a touch. Her eyes are a little open/rounded compared to the character, and I suggest toning down her makeup a bit (and choosing a more natural/pink shade for blush and lipstick). You can afford to make her upper lip a little fluffier. Wonderful work on her chin and jawline.

For both I suggest having another go at the eyebrows. Both are a little wide (extending farther than the characters' do) and look a bit bushy/tall. Daenerys' eyebrows definitely stand out because of their difference in colour, but they're also more groomed than your sim's are. Jon's/Kit's aren't that groomed-looking, but they're not as thick and lush as your sim's.

These are super picky comments, I know, but I hope some of them may help. You've done some really great work on these! ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 10:36 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback guys! :lovestruc It's been super helpful. I've tried to do everything you said and hope I've been successful!
Daenerys: I tried to do what you said. I don't think I managed to make the nose less prominent, I assume you meant on the profile? Do you have any idea which sliders could be used? I also made some custom brows for her, which I think match a lot better, but I might need a hand with their placement (does it look about right?).

Jon: I changed the eyes he's using, made new brows (which I likely need to make darker). I changed the nosemask he's using and also found a hair I think will work. I may need to readjust the hairline to make it match the hair better though! Is this the sort of beard you were talking about? I may need to edit it a tad to make it match Kit's beard better.

A comparison between the 1st and 2nd versions I've posted here:

As for the outfits, I've made custom outfits for them both. The Night Watch uniform I just need to recolour to make it black rather than brown, I also did a mesh edit on this skyrim cloak to fit better and add a clasp to it.

Again thanks so much for the feedback guys, you rock! It's just the last nitpicky bits that I really need help with! Hope you guys had a good christmas! xoxo
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:36 AM
Definite improvements on both! Yay! The eyes on both look so much better, I think, as well as the eyebrows. He, especially, looks -vastly- improved with these changes. Really great! You've gotten her a lot closer too, and I love the toned-down makeup on her.

For her nose, there's a slider in the nose section that will let you control how much the tip of the nose sticks out (yes, the profile view). I think you could bring that back down towards the face a couple of notches, and there's another slider that lets you control the tip of the nose and whether it curls under or tilts up. Hers might benefit from tilting up just a tiny bit. It's actually curling under a touch at the moment, which is giving it a rounded slope that hers doesn't actually have, and ticking it back up a couple should help knock that back.

There's also a slider that allows you to make the eyebrows taller or thinner, and I think you might bump hers just a little thinner. Placement is good, but maybe a notch or two higher? The new brows are a huge improvement, though -- good work there!

I'm not far enough into the show to comment on their outfits (husband is -begging- me to catch up before the last season airs!), I think her dress coule be improved with a little more detail and colour variation.

One last thing, I might suggest reconsidering her eyes? They're a bit rich, kinda bright and super blue, if you know what I mean? If you're using custom eyes for them, she might benefit from a little less cobalt. Especially with the bright blue dress, they're kinda more powerfully blue than I think they need to be.

Had a great Christmas, thanks, and I hope you have as well. Good luck with these awesome sims!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 6:17 AM
I fully agree Jon is better in version 2, but I actually think Dany looked better in version 1... it seems to have more of the feel of her somehow. Can't be more specific, so I know that's not very helpful, sorry!

I'd be hesitant about going more than a single notch in any direction on any of the sliders for either of them, but the one I was thinking of as potentially helping Dany is the option to narrow the bridge of the nose (the top part, between the eyes)- again, probably just a single click!

I really like the changes to Jon's hair and beard- much more in keeping with his real-life and in-universe appearances! Looking again at the minor details, I would probably narrow his eyes vertically (make him squint a bit more) and narrow his mouth and turn the corners down a bit more... Jon is not exactly a 'smiling' person most of the time, after all! I love the outfit you've got him in now too- that's exactly the one I was thinking of, and I think once you've got it shifted to Night's Watch colors (read: Black and very dark grey, in your best Lego Batman voice), it'll look perfect!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Vulrien : 26th Dec 2018 at 8:43 PM.
Right, so for Dany I tried to get a balance between the first and second versions I posted here. So I opened her eyes up some more, and I hope it has a better balance between the two. So how do we feel about these versions of the sims?
Daenerys: I toned down her eyes, do you feel they need less blue in them still?

Jon: I've created a new eyeblend for him because I was struggling to find eyes which suited him, repositions the brows a bit, made him more "squinty", made a new beard which matches better and did his lips as you said. Is it just me or is something still off with him?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:11 PM
To me, I think your Jon Snow needs a longer head. The head seems squished compared to the reference pictures. The jaw needs to be moved down and his forehead needs to be bigger. I also think his chin sticks out a little too far. For Daenerys, I think her cheeks are a little too pudgy.

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 12:08 AM
I think you could go a bit squintier on Jon's eyes. He has very narrow eyes. Maybe you could achieve this by lowering the forehead a little? I'm not sure. But take note of his eyeballs and how much of the iris is visible. Hardly any. The top is barely past 9 and 3 o'clock, while the bottom is nearly 8 and 4. If you look at Jon's face straight on, it's very round and somewhat flat. The last set of pictures are a major step up from where you started (which wasn't bad to begin with!). Celebrity sims are very difficult to capture, so I applaud your work.

As for the Mother of Dragons, maybe tilt the corners of her mouth down a little? I'd have to agree with Lylesnake about the cheeks, as well. But she is remarkably recognizable, which ought to be the standard for any look-alike sim.

Major improvements, for sure! I hope you find this feedback constructive and helpful.

-grinEvilly
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Vulrien : 9th Jan 2019 at 1:24 AM.
Thanks again for the feedback, there is slowly less of it coming, so I figure we might be nearly finished with these two!
Daenerys: I tried to make her cheeks less "pudgy" but found that when I went more than a couple of clicks less on their fullness it messed up her face shape, so this is what we're left with. I think she's pretty much done, unless anybody else can see something that needs changing!

A pic showing some of the early version of her, and some of the middle versions too:

Jon: I am very happy with this update, thanks so much for the feedback so far. He's improved so much since the first version I posted here.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 5:33 AM
I actually find your first Daenerys Stormborn (First of Her Name) to be quite pretty, though not very much like the actual person. Your final Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, Heir to the Iron Throne, Protector of the Realm, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, the Unburnt, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, and rightful Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms looks spot on, and is easily identifiable... far moreso than your first attempt. However, i just thought that I'd mention that the first one has a separate and unique beauty unto herself.

-gE
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 10:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback on Dany and Jon, I've uploaded Dany and she's in the queue, and I'm just doing some last finishing touches to Jon. So here is another I'd like some help with, Melisandre. I think she's pretty much near done, but like the others I'd like some help with the finishing touches!:
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 1:34 AM
She looks great! I agree with you, I think she's just about finished, and really you could submit her as-is and be well off, but there are a few final touches I might make. Her hairline is clipped kind of strangely- rather than looking like it's growing from her head, it looks like it disappears into it, if that makes sense.

Also a couple points that I think would make her seem a bit more Melisandre-like (instead of Carice van Houten) are that while her eyes now are a dead ringer for van Houten's, most depictions of Melisandre have a darker quality to her eyes... might be worth seeing if that works (though I can easily see your current choice working better). Also, a must for the lady Melisandre is her ruby necklace! While Melisandre obviously has innate powers, it seems pretty clear that some of her powers (like her Glamour and resistance to poison) come from the necklace... I would highly encourage adding that to her clothing pattern!

Forum Resident
#14 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 12:02 AM
Hmmm... this one is quite a bit tougher to analyze. I think maybe her entire face is shorter and rounder. Like, the bottom of the lip to the bottom of the chin might be shorter, as well as the top of the eyebrows to the bottom of her hairline. Also, her cheek bones may be more protruding(?). It's hard to say without tweaking it and looking at the results. I think Zarathustra's onto something with the darkness in the character's eyes. Also, her eyes might be wider /rounder... Possibly a little closer together? Maybe the mouth is slightly less wide? Maybe try an ever so slight up-turn to the corners of her mouth, too? She always looks like she's got a little bit of devilishness in there... like she is on the brink of pulling off a prank.

I dunno... this is a tough one. It's very hard to say what changes might work. Kind of a guess-and-check situation at this point. But your version somehow looks "younger" ...maybe more "innocent" than Melisandre? I dont know how you go about addressing that.

It surprises me, how different the actress appears from the character. You've got a good base down, so far!

-gE
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 1:41 AM Last edited by Vulrien : 13th Feb 2019 at 3:47 AM.
Hey, thanks for the feedback guys! I definitely agree that it's harder to notice what needs changing with Melisandre than Jon and Dany, I've attempted to implement everything you suggested, however I had to go back and forth with some of them (like you said trial and error!). This is my latest effort:

The dress is still very much a WIP, as the texture is looking a bit crunchy here and there. The main thing that stands out for me is that I need to edit the brow alpha to move the arch further inwards.
I have also been working on a Longclaw mesh for Jon, however I'm having some trouble getting it into game. So if anybody has any experience making accessory meshes and would like to help then feel try to shoot a PM my way!

I also think I'm gonna get started on a Brienne sim, so watch out for updates where she's concerned!
Thanks again and am looking forward to further feedback! xx
Forum Resident
#16 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 11:42 PM
Okay... this is a tough one!! SHEESH! ...Her mouth is just about perfect, both in width and in distance from the chin. So leave her mouth be! But widen her jaw a little bit. Her face is more round, while yours seems to be a little bit thinner. Not a lot, though... just a little bit. So raise her jaw up a couple ticks. Then widen the distance between her eyes. Let her mouth move up, but keep her eyes and nose right where they are. And narrow the nose a little bit.

I've been looking at this on and off for the last 24 hours and i THINK these tweaks might help! ...but i could be totally off base. hahah! Good luck! I can't wait to see the next version! =)

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:16 PM
Oooh, this is so cool! When will you release Jon Snow Sim? :3
Scholar
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:16 PM
Excellent work! You’ve gotten some good feedback but maybe a few more things to consider. The model’s eyes are more oval shaped while the sim has a bit of a squared off bottom eyelid. Perhaps raise the nostrils a little so the sim has the u shaped septum (between nostrils) like the model. Narrow the nasal bridge a bit and increase the nasolabial crease. Eyebrows, lips, and chin look spot on to me. Looking forward to an update!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:52 PM Last edited by Vulrien : 28th Feb 2019 at 12:43 AM.
Thanks again for the feedback, I feel as though I'm pretty much done with her. But see what you guys think! I honestly would never have been able to noticed some of the finer details you guys are able to spot, so you've been an absolutely massive help.
grinevilly, I can't believe you kept having a look for 24 hours haha very dedicated, thank you very much! xx
emodarkwolf, I will be uploading Jon once I can figure out why the longclaw accessory mesh I made keeps crashing bodyshop. I'll likely have to post in the meshing forums to see if anybody can help.

Do the eyes look too far apart now? I can't decide...
In the end I decided to start a Cersei Lannister sim instead of Brienne, since Cersei (particularly in seasons 1-4) is by far my favourite character. I think she's pretty solid as is at the moment, but would love to hear some feedback. Also I am having a huge problem trying to find a suitable longer hair to use on her, as I want to make 2 versions (pre and post haircut), does anybody have any suggestions, somehow all of them look a bit weird on her, do you see what I mean?

Thanks if you can help! xxx
Forum Resident
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:26 PM
Wow, your Cersei is spot on! I'm not sure i'd change a thing! NAILED IT! =)

-gE
>=)