Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:04 PM
Default Which expansion pack is the best for a builder?
Haii yall! Because I'm a broke 5 year old and I run my games on a Windows 98 computer, I can only choose a few expansions packs otherwise my pc will literally blow up. Which expansion packs do you think is the best for decorating houses and what not. :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:33 AM
This must be a prank post, but if not there is no way we can advise as each of us likes different things.

If you are serious you can find information about the EPs here.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453511
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 7:02 AM
Great, now I want a DOS version of The Sims!

And I'm wondering if you can run Doom on a computer in TS3 🤔

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:27 AM
It depends on what style you build and functions you would like. So basically you have to post some pictures and describe what you like to build.

You can do that in the thread daisylee linked to. Building doesn't exclude playing. We build for them and some of us likes to play as well. Frankly if you play the game as well, it's easier to build good lots.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Great, now I want a DOS version of The Sims!

And I'm wondering if you can run Doom on a computer in TS3 🤔

A DOS version? Really? Talking about living in the past.
Alchemist
#6 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
A DOS version? Really? Talking about living in the past.

It was a mostly tongue-in-cheek suggestion Not to be taken as seriously.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:10 PM
There's many packs that add useful Build Mode content. I'll just list them and the architectural styles (roughly; I'm not an expert) they can help you achieve.

World Adventures: Oriental, Far East, Mediterranean
Ambitions: Modern Colonial
Late Night: Contemporary
Pets: Ranch/Rural
Showtime: California-style Spanish Revival
Supernatural: Edwardian/Baroque
University Life: Craftsman/Modern Colonial
Island Paradise: Latin-style Spanish Colonial
Into The Future: Ultramodern/Neomodern with mild Postmodern influences

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 1:50 AM
"World Adventures". If you can figure out how to make Tombs, you'll never get bored.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
dodgy builder
#9 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Please check dates when posting in forums- the last post was 2018. 12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates.

I believe you're wrong there. Unless the rules have been changed, in the building and caw forums a thread can be resurrected much easier. A comment about what exp is the best for builders in a thread about that, can hardly be considered irrelevant.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#10 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I believe you're wrong there. Unless the rules have been changed, in the building and caw forums a thread can be resurrected much easier. A comment about what exp is the best for builders in a thread about that, can hardly be considered irrelevant.

Maybe you are right and I will delete post, but posting in threads that have not had activity in a long time is usually by someone who has not checked the dates and is just trying to carry on a dead conversation.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Maybe you are right and I will delete post, but posting in threads that have not had activity in a long time is usually by someone who has not checked the dates and is just trying to carry on a dead conversation.

In modders forums like building and caw that isn't always true. Old information is sometimes needed to understand what to do. People who needs to understand tombs in TS4 might have to resurrect old threads in order to get the information they need etc. In TS3 it's sometimes extreme. You might have to go all the way back to 2010 to understand. When finding a old thread you need the information to be confirmed and asks for confirmation.

In this case though it's more like chatter. This thread is for people who wants the information more relevant to builders. In the regular discussion thread all people reply, even though you ask for only builders. It just can't be helped. So you post here. Instead of making another thread about an old subject, you just use the same as is already there. Perfectly understandable I think.

No need to delete your post though. This might be useful to others. We don't usually delete posts in this forum either. I deleted my previous post because I don't understand my own comment. I must have misunderstood something.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 12:16 PM
On subject though. I often used Showtime and Into the Future for TS3. Both very useful for modern buildings. The Into the Future objects can easily be used with Cast in most modern builds.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 2:18 PM
Have to agree. ITF is your friend if you're only a little bit interested in modern builds. It has a bit of everything and you never know where you might use its content.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 3:38 PM
I don't have all the EPs (don't have ITF, UN or SN) but out of the ones I do own, I find myself using Showtime the most. However, I agree with those above that they all bring something to the table.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 8:34 PM
I've noticed over the years that a lot of people don't have those three. I can strongly recommend University Life for the gameplay and to some extent for the content, mostly in CAS and Buy Mode. ITF is great for modern builds, like I said, and you're limiting yourself by not having it if you're interested in modern architecture. Supernatural has some pretty cool Buy Mode content too, at least if you're into that theme.

insert signature here