Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 25
Scholar
THANKS POST
#51 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:45 AM
Thank you so much! I was tired of my Sims having memories of "throwing up", "going to the bookstore", and "buying groceries", etc. Very helpful!
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#52 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:51 AM
Love you. That is all.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#53 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:08 AM
Been waiting for this fewer memories mod. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:17 AM
Thank you so much for making my game playable once again!

By the way, and being a little off-topic, could you tell me where you got that blue/pink shirt your sim is wearing?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:27 AM
This is exactly what I've been waiting for since Generations came out. Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#56 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:40 AM
This is amazing and I love you. But you might want to put the fact you included a tool to make custom mods in the title. I almost skipped over it because I don't usually read descriptions. Anyway, AMAZING job.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:27 AM
The tool wanted me to put the XML (S3_0333406C_00000000_9A976C90ECC75C81_DreamsAndPromisesNodes%%+_XML.1_22)in my packages folder before it would allow me to save. After that it saved fine. Now I get to test it and see. I only wanted Births/Deaths/Marriages. Boring stuff like that. lol
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:34 AM
been waiting for this.Thanks bunches
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:20 AM
AW!!! I doesn't work for mac. Could you by any chance make a mac version?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:48 AM
@velocitygrass
Working now. Looks like it was due to how the items are viewed in the folder. Don't know why just is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:14 AM
Is there a way you can replace the little yellow-photoguy thing with an invisible texture so that we don't have to deal with those, ever?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:58 AM
iv been needing this cause memorys are annoying when they flood my game cause its so slow Thankyou
Test Subject
#63 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:59 AM
sorry for asking such a noob question, but i just want to be completely sure that this mod is a xml tuning mod, not a core one, right
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:29 AM
Thank you SO much for this. I was getting sick and tired of deleting crappy memories.
Inventor
#65 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:36 PM
@velocitygrass: Thanks for looking into it. I have to say though that while my windows version is German, I have the game itself installed in english, so I'm wondering if it may already show up in German for other users that actually have the game installed in German.
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:45 PM
It doesn't allow me to save saying "The type initializer for 's3pi.Package.Package' threw an exception." and I really really want to use it because memories of vomiting are annoying at the least...

I'm no genius in the field, so just a wild guess - could this be because I only have the base game and didn't touch the EP memories at all? (left them checked as they were)
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:55 PM
@~MadameButterfly~ and @_Aya_ and anyone else who gets messages that the S3_0333406C_00000000_9A976C90ECC75C81_DreamsAndPromisesNodes%%+_XML.1_22 needs to be in a different folder:
Do you start the tool directly from the explorer by double-clicking or do you open it from commandline from a different working directory? The tool expects the above file to be in the directory it was started from. Maybe this could explain the error?

@Missa: The resource instance and name of the file to tune is given in the overview at the top. And yes, I made this tool mainly to avoid requests

@lipe2k: The shirt is one of the Generations registration rewards.

@van Dorn: I've edited the title. Thanks for the hint. I wasn't really sure how the ratio would be between people who take the pre-made package and those who are willing to download a tool for it, but it seems at least in this case, the demand for customization is definitely there.

@ninoo and @Nygmanix: It should be simple to do this by modifying the effects file (like the No Mosaic mod does). I will look into creating a tool like this one for the effects file, so that anyone can create their own effects file mod.

@Qoy555: I don't know anything about developing for the Mac, so I can't. Maybe you could ask someone to provide a custom package for you or you could see if there's a way to run .NET programs on a Mac (in a VM or so). Sorry

@Blacksmith2: I'm glad it's working now. Thanks for letting me know.

@fio83ms: Yes, the ready-made flavors and the packages that the tool creates are simple tuning mods that modify the resource given in the overview.

@crinrict: No, the non-localized version takes the strings straight from the "Name" tag in the xml, so it wouldn't make a difference. The new tool that displays game strings instead of the above tag string is up for testing. I've also added a German localization file with at least the GUI elements translated. The only thing left for German localization is the 80 categories

@Fikcija: Hmm. Could it be that you have another versions of the s3pi files in the path? Could maybe post a more complete error message. Which version did you use? The new one with game strings or the old one? Maybe you could check the other one and see if that makes a difference.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#68 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:01 PM
I've not actually 'played' the game since I updated to Generations as I have been busy building a new town. The one time I did send a Sim out they immediately gained a memory for visiting the bookstore, then the grocery store followed by remembering they took a nap on a community lot!
I wasn't expecting the memories to be for such ordinary daily things so this tool will be a must have.
I noticed in your screenshot that playable mummies gain a memeory when they eat a mummy snack? WHY?! That's like me remembering I ate a sandwich. /rant
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:25 PM
I don't even know what s3pi files are... Which version of what? Sorry, I didn't really understand the question...

Here's the full error:
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:37 PM
This mod ist so useful! Deleting senseless memories was annoying and I realized just now that save files get big due to the memories (by reading the comments). So this is even more useful! Thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:55 PM
@Fikcija: It seems that for some reason the s3pi.Settings.dll is missing. Can you verify that it is in the folder where you unzipped the tool?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:09 PM
Thank you so much. This may be the problem with my game recently.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#73 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:34 PM
I was waiting for someone to make this. Thank you! I love memories, but too many? No way!
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:41 PM
Yes, it's there. And TS3_Memory_Modder.exe is in the very same folder, if that matters.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:55 PM
I was just waiting for it !
Thanks you ! :D
Page 3 of 25