Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 25
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:17 PM
You are wonderful! I've been waiting for a mod like this since I patched my game four days ago, discovered these dreadful memories, and filled a few scrapbooks. Seriously, they're so pointless. I love that you made a tool so we could customize them ourselves.

This should be featured!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:30 PM
I love you, this is so so much appreciated. It was getting so bad to the point of where my neighborhood would have serious lag because of the NPC-accumulated memories. Hopefully this fixes it.
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:32 PM
Oh my God! This was a much needed mod/program! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:45 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and have I said Thank You? This is by far one of the most needed mods I can think of and you are an angel for making it....
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:52 PM
Thank you very much, however I can't get the .exe to start up, If fact I think it is crashing on startup. I am running Win7 64 bit with the latest .NET.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:00 PM
And mods like these are what I was waiting for before installing generations :D
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blacksmith2
Thank you very much, however I can't get the .exe to start up, If fact I think it is crashing on startup. I am running Win7 64 bit with the latest .NET.

Have you tried running as Administrator? I am also on Win7 X64 and had no problems. I set it to run as Admin straight away though, as I wasn't sure if it would need my C drive.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:07 PM
Thank you, this was much needed! Deleting all those useless memories was driving me crazy.
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:13 PM
@Missa: There are several "tunings" for how the memory is applied. You can set the icon, if it's positive or negative and also one called "LifeEventTimeOut", which measures the days that must have passed for the memory to be triggered again. The default is -1, so you can trigger it even on the same day. For visited a park it's 5. I haven't tested this, but theoretically it should be possible to set individual timeouts to a very large value, so that practically it will only occur once in a sim life.

@Blacksmith2: Hmm, I'm also running on Win7 64bit, so the platform shouldn't be the problem. Do you get any error message at all or does simply nothing happen? You could try severedsolo's tip, though I don't know why it should be necessary to run as Administrator. I only write and delete a temporary file which should be done in the temp folder (and of course whatever you designate as save as target when you click save). It might still be worth a shot though to try as Administrator.

@severedsolo: Thanks for the tip. Maybe it helps

@crinrict: It's certainly possible to make it translatable, though I'll have to think about the easiest way. I basically only need a file that I can read in as a map. Let me get back to you on that. I'll check out what Buzzler and/or Twallan have written on/do about this, so that I can maybe use the same format, even if it won't end up as a STBL.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:30 PM
Thank you so much! i was so glad they brought the memories back, but i found myself opening the bio thing and deleting them so often. this is awesome
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:47 PM
@crinrict: Actually, the translations are of course all there in the STBL and I can find them manually, so a program should be able to do it too. I'll see if I can release a localized version tomorrow (I have to figure out how to do what I need with S3PI).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:51 PM
Yep, maybe I will not have a 700 MB of cache and a save of less than 125 MB. I wish EA didn't make the townies have memories, just the active households. Then again that will make switching lots difficult too. Anywho, this mod balance things out. Thanks so much for creating and making it available.

Will this conflict with Twallan's Dreamer mod? I like being able to get wishes that I don't save fulfilled.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#38 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:11 PM
Wow! This is the mod that I am sure everybody wished for within five minutes of installing Generations And to release a tuning tool with it is so thoughtful.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#39 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:25 PM
This is great! Thank you so much!
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:25 PM
@lewisb40: I also use Twallan's Dreamer mod, though I've taken it out for my secondary testing. I just checked and it doesn't override the xml file. And when I first did my own memory mod with Twallan's mod still in, it seemed to work as expected. So I'd say it doesn't conflict.

@Srikandi: I had such a hard time deciding what the "important" memories are, that I figured it was very likely people would ask for variations. So in pure self-defense I looked into making a tool and in the end it wasn't so difficult (plus I learned a few things that might be helpful for future tools).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:26 PM
omg i have been waiting for this since the patch was released. im sick of having to delete memories of "changed clothes" or "visited park"
thank you so much!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:28 PM
Great programme! Very smart to post this instead of just some variations, now everyone can make the mod exactly like they want. I can't wait to try it out, have been playing Generations for only a few days and already those memory pop-ups were driving me crazy! Thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:33 PM
This is great! Now I don't have to hear it every single time my sims wander in the vicinity of the public pool, that they visited it when they clearly did not. Many thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:40 PM
Oh man, thank you so much. This was driving me crazy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:43 PM
this is a cool mod. and the tool makes it so much better.
there are plenty of mods i wish came with tools like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much! I wasn't having problems with it slowing down my game YET but it was getting rather annoying having the pop ups almost every time my sim did something. Thank you again!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:04 AM
Thank you so much!! I will have to look into this and tune it as such, as I assume that it's in your config file or whatever it is. (I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm a nerd so I'll figure it out

And smart!! I mean making your own tuning tool so you don't have to try and make 500 different versions for people that think a certain memory is important that the other 499 don't.
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:20 AM Last edited by _Aya_ : 20th Jun 2011 at 1:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Please download again. It should be fixed now. I'm very sorry this error slipped in.

I redownloaded, but I still get the error. It only works if the files are in My Documents. I don't get it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:28 AM
Thank you so much. I stopped playing the Sims 3 after about ten minutes with those memories b/c they are just so annoying! I haven't played again since the update. *downloads*
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#50 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:10 AM
Thanks for your answer. Definitely will be trying this out. Love the configuration tool.
Page 2 of 25