Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Jump Bug- Reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists
Hey all!

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this jump bug before with UC.

Whenever I select another sim for my sim to interact with, any interaction he is currently engaged in cancels and he resets.

Of course, with testingcheats, it brings up this error message: "Object error - reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists."

I recently installed UC through Origin. Do I need to patch it?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:19 AM
No The UC comes patched. Do you have CC? Most likely a mod that is clashing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:04 AM
Also make sure that you don't have some clothing/hair with more than one mesh (eg. a fixed and an original mesh for hair or something like smooth hands and maxis hands for outfits).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:20 PM
Thanks, will do on both counts! I started wading through my CC last night to pin point possible conflicts.

Here's the thing about it though: I have not downloaded any new CC since going to UC. All mods are AL compatible, so it shouldn't be that.

Is this a known issue where switching over save files to UC causes minor bugs and glitches that weren't present in a disk version of the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:58 PM
Ok, it looks like I got rid of the culprit. It doesn't seem to have been CC.

I recently had to move this sim off of an old lot that became corrupt after the move to UC, and I took some of his old furniture with him before I moved him.

It looks like, for some reason, the glitch was connected to his bed. ?!?! No idea why.

I ended up deleting it and buying another and the jump bug is gone.

If anyone smarter than me can tell me why that might have happened, I'd love to know!! LOL!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:32 PM
Oh that's a known glitch. When you move house sell the beds. it can also sometimes happen if you keep chairs as well, but in my game, a bed would cause a jump bug 9 times out of 10 if moved to a new house. I believe it's to do with sim references and perhaps the game is trying to link it back to the original house and can't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~