Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#601 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 8:19 AM
I have a new update, Chapter 1.6
Advertisement
Test Subject
#602 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 9:11 PM
Quick question, what's the stance on pets in this challenge?
Test Subject
#603 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArcherTippani
Quick question, what's the stance on pets in this challenge?

I believe you're just free to have them as they are mostly for leisure and not money making, and with stormyz's new updated rolls the pack is incorporated, so I would say go ahead and have/adopt pets.
Scholar
#604 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 8:57 PM
Hi, I am Thinking about starting a new thread about this challenge as Stormydayz is no longer going to be updating. Would anyone be interested in contributing with goals and careers for all the packs and patches that come out.
Test Subject
#605 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
Hi, I am Thinking about starting a new thread about this challenge as Stormydayz is no longer going to be updating. Would anyone be interested in contributing with goals and careers for all the packs and patches that come out.

I would jump over to the new thread in that case. I love seeing this challenge grow and develop, so I was a little scared it was going to stop now. My husband and I are still trying to keep the random roller page up to date also. With the new content soon coming out it would be awesome to keep it going! Go for it, and tell us about it. I'll gladly contribute with goals and such if I can
Scholar
#606 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 6:49 AM
Chapter 1.7
I have done the thread, Just waiting for it to be approved
Test Subject
#607 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 9:15 AM

Hi!
I'm always lurking around this challenge, is one of my favorites. I would love to help you with new goals and that kind of things when time comes, also with play-testing all the suggestions if needed. :D
Test Subject
#608 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 4:51 PM

I'd love to help out
Scholar
#609 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 8:36 PM
Default The new thread
I have created a new thread on Boolprop as I still haven't heard back from mod the sims. The Page is here
Scholar
#610 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 7:05 AM
I have a new Update. Chapter 2.1 I have tested all the new goals and careers for Island Living and they are on the new thread.
Scholar
#611 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 8:51 AM
Field Researcher
#612 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 10:15 PM

Just started playing Sims 4 and was much in to Random Legacies in TS3, so decided to start one. Will start off with Jordan Galago:

Marital Status: Single
Children: 2 children
Primary Career: Writer (Journalist)
Generation Goal: Holiday Fanatics
Misc. Fun: Perfect Attendance

The Macaron Family - A Berry Sweet Random Legacy TS4¨
Twisted Color - A Random Rainbowcy TS3
Field Researcher
#613 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:36 PM
I read the new rolls for Island Living and thought about a couple additions to the unconventional careers:
- Lifeguard
- Diver
- Fisherman (part-time job)

I’ll explore the game more and see if I have any other ideas.

Scholar
#614 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 7:59 AM
@fruhurricane- They are already there under part time jobs but thanks for the input
Chapter 2.3
Field Researcher
#615 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 6:59 PM
@fruhurricane- They are already there under part time jobs but thanks for the input
Chapter 2.3

I saw that after posting. XD

I document my story on www.simhurricane.tumblr.com if anyone’s interested.

Scholar
#616 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 7:54 AM
I will now be putting my updates on the new thread I made
Test Subject
#617 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:13 PM
This looks like a fun challenge, looking forward to trying it
Scholar
#618 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:41 AM
Test Subject
#619 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 7:49 PM
I'm just starting to play this.
My Generation 1 is Emily Wheatley (YA)
Aspiration: Friend of the World
Self-Assured
Good
Outgoing

A: Marital Status
Couple
B: Number of Children
C: Primary Career
Doctor
D: Spouse Career
Politician(Charity Organizer)
E: Generation Goals
Idle Careers
F: Miscellaneous Fun
Gourmet

Random Succession Law
Gender Equality
Bloodline Traditional
Heir First Born

Now here's my big question:
Since I have both the Doctor profession and the Idle Careers Goal, does that mean I can't fulfill my dailies while on the job? Because if that is the case, I guess it's just easier to send her alone than to join her.
Lab Assistant
#620 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 10:31 PM
Hey all. I was hoping by now someone would have volunteered to take over the rules for this challenge but so far no luck. Since I'm not playing Sims anymore and don't really have the time or interest in learning the ins and outs of every one of the expansion packs I'd really appreciate someone taking it over. I'm not really on MTS or the Sims Forums anymore but if you're interested you can PM me here. Thanks.

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Lab Assistant
#621 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:50 AM
So I just started this challenge and am a bit confused. I rolled the following:

A) marital status: couple
B) number of children: 3
C) primary career: Freelance Programmer
D) spouse's career: Culinary - Mixologist
E) goal: Memorial
F) fun: Vacationer

So I made a married YA couple in CAS and moved them into an apartment. But after a week of gametime, I have some questions.

1 - my spouse is pregnant and they live in an apartment that's On Ley Line. If she happens to have twins twice, do I lose? (In other words, do I need exactly three children or at least three children?)

2 - I gave my founder the Computer Whiz aspiration, because that made sense given his career option. But now I'm at a milestone that requires him to reach level 3 in the tech guru career. Am I allowed to do this, or do I need do abandon his aspiration since I didn't roll that he needs to complete this?

3 - Am I allowed to make my founder get a proper job as a Freelancer? Or do I need to stick with the non-career options for gaining money through programming?

4 - Am I allowed to fish and harvest plants as long as I don't sell anything I pick/catch?

Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#622 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 2:55 PM
1 - No, you do not lose if you have twins. Nor do you have to kill off extra children.
2 - Unless you are required to complete your aspiration, you are free to complete it to your heart's desire.
3 - You can do freelance programming work
4 - You are correct - fish/harvest/collect, just don't sell.

Quote: Originally posted by falln_angel
So I just started this challenge and am a bit confused. I rolled the following:

A) marital status: couple
B) number of children: 3
C) primary career: Freelance Programmer
D) spouse's career: Culinary - Mixologist
E) goal: Memorial
F) fun: Vacationer

So I made a married YA couple in CAS and moved them into an apartment. But after a week of gametime, I have some questions.

1 - my spouse is pregnant and they live in an apartment that's On Ley Line. If she happens to have twins twice, do I lose? (In other words, do I need exactly three children or at least three children?)

2 - I gave my founder the Computer Whiz aspiration, because that made sense given his career option. But now I'm at a milestone that requires him to reach level 3 in the tech guru career. Am I allowed to do this, or do I need do abandon his aspiration since I didn't roll that he needs to complete this?

3 - Am I allowed to make my founder get a proper job as a Freelancer? Or do I need to stick with the non-career options for gaining money through programming?

4 - Am I allowed to fish and harvest plants as long as I don't sell anything I pick/catch?

Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
#623 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geohawk
1 - No, you do not lose if you have twins. Nor do you have to kill off extra children.
2 - Unless you are required to complete your aspiration, you are free to complete it to your heart's desire.
3 - You can do freelance programming work
4 - You are correct - fish/harvest/collect, just don't sell.

Thanks. I'm just still confused about #2. Since his career is freelance programmer, I wouldn't normally be able to get him a job in the tech guru career right? (Since that's a different, though somewhat related, career path.) So I'm not sure if I'm allowed to get him that job just long enough to reach level 3, to complete that aspiration milestone, or if that exception only applies if I rolled that he must completely fulfill his aspiration.

Hope that makes sense.
Test Subject
#624 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falln_angel
Thanks. I'm just still confused about #2. Since his career is freelance programmer, I wouldn't normally be able to get him a job in the tech guru career right? (Since that's a different, though somewhat related, career path.) So I'm not sure if I'm allowed to get him that job just long enough to reach level 3, to complete that aspiration milestone, or if that exception only applies if I rolled that he must completely fulfill his aspiration.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes, your question makes sense, I misunderstood. It really depends how hard you want to be on yourself. Technically, the aspiration can't be completed. On the other hand, you are allowed to create 1 app if you had rolled the Tech Guru career. I guess it depends on how miserable you want to make yourself.

Also, you may want to follow the other Random Legacy Challenge thread as it is being updated for new packs.
Lab Assistant
#625 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 9:33 PM Last edited by falln_angel : 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by geohawk
Yes, your question makes sense, I misunderstood. It really depends how hard you want to be on yourself. Technically, the aspiration can't be completed. On the other hand, you are allowed to create 1 app if you had rolled the Tech Guru career. I guess it depends on how miserable you want to make yourself.

Also, you may want to follow the other Random Legacy Challenge thread as it is being updated for new packs.

I didn't even know there was an updated thread. Thanks for the tip! I'll go check it out.

And I think I came up with an acceptable solution for the aspiration thing - let him get the job, but keep track of how much money he makes (either through his salary, chance cards or promotion bonuses) and immediately cheat that amount away when he gets home every day. And if he gets any reward objects for being promoted, those need to be immediately sold and whatever money I sold them for cheated away. That way he can fulfil the aspiration but he won't be profiting from his job in any way. (I guess he might end up with a new interaction or two, but I don't think they'll be anything major since he'd only be promoted twice.) Feels like a good work-around to me. It's not violating the rules in any significant way, and if anything it makes money-making harder since he can't do any programming while he's at work.
Page 25 of 26