Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:27 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 13th Aug 2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: SOLVED

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default SOLVED: I seem to have installed some problematic cc
Hello,
Last week I went on a cc binge and downloaded and installed a bunch of cc. Most of those were hairstyles from trusted creators, 2 were small mods from Modthesims and around 10 lots (most from modthesims, 2 from TSR). Today I loaded up my game and oh God, what a lag. I thought either some other program is running in the background or I have downloaded some bad cc. Upon examining my Downloads folder for a possible culprit, I saw that one of the 2 lots I downloaded from TSR was a quite large file, around 72MB. It's too large for a lot, isn't it? And when I inspected the download page I saw that the lot contains a lot of cc that I apparently have overlooked. Now my question is, if I uninstall that particular lot from my launcher (because it was a Sims3pack file), will it also get rid of all the cc that it comes with?

Or do you have any other idea on what might be causing my immense lag?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:51 PM
That sounds pretty large for a lot size and more like a world size file. I would generally remove the whole lot if I can. Sometimes you get an issue with having dependent elements if you try to remove them piecemeal. I also would try to use package files for lots when possible. Then add the cc as package piece by piece so you could remove unwanted cc just as easily.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:15 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 10th Aug 2019 at 9:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
That sounds pretty large for a lot size and more like a world size file. I would generally remove the whole lot if I can. Sometimes you get an issue with having dependent elements if you try to remove them piecemeal. I also would try to use package files for lots when possible. Then add the cc as package piece by piece so you could remove unwanted cc just as easily.

I removed the whole lot via launcher, that was the only file it came with. There were no dependent files or anything else. Now I'm trying to load up my game, hope it works... Normally, does removing/uninstalling a lot remove all the cc it comes with?

BTW this is the lot: https://www.thesimsresource.com/the...ove/id/1410617/

Edit: Loaded the game and it's still very laggy I'll proceed to uninstall all the stuff I downloaded today.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:42 PM
Removing the lot does not remove the cc. You will have to go through your launcher and find all the added items from the lot.

Before installing lots with added cc, you can remove said cc with this -
http://modthesims.info/d/390235

Love Fredbrenny's lots but I've never downloaded any of them as without the cc they wouldn't look as nice : (
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:52 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 11th Aug 2019 at 12:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Removing the lot does not remove the cc. You will have to go through your launcher and find all the added items from the lot.

Before installing lots with added cc, you can remove said cc with this -
http://modthesims.info/d/390235

Love Fredbrenny's lots but I've never downloaded any of them as without the cc they wouldn't look as nice : (

Update: I downloaded Delphy's Custard and apparently the two lots from TSR really did have a TON of cc in them. It was impossible to locate them one by one so I uninstalled all my cc via the launcher and then re-installed my old cc from my back-up Downloads folder. I loaded up my game and the unwanted cc is very well gone, but my game is still really laggy?

I don't know what else I can do at this point... I'm pissed that I made my game unplayable because of some careless cc binge.

@igazor Would you have any insight to give?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 1:38 AM Last edited by igazor : 11th Aug 2019 at 7:33 PM.
The Launcher is only capable of displaying a finite amount of installed content per tab. The content actually lives in dbc bundles within the DCCache Folder once it's installed. If you have multiple dbc files, which most of us would after installing a fair amount of CC this way, then it's a bit tedious but Method by Mell can be used to examine the contents one dbc bundle at a time without suffering from much of the already installed content not showing up on the Launcher tabs because of item count overload.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...om-content.html
(scroll down a bit to get to the method part)

Alternatively, or if that just isn't going to work, one could declare all of one's Launcher installed CC a disaster, get rid of all of the dbc files within DCCache, and Launcher reinstall everything but without the unwanted or unexpected items. Sometimes Launcher uninstalling stuff just doesn't work, for whatever reasons. Note that the ebc files within DCCache are TS3 Store content, not CC, so those can be pulled out to do the Method by Mell thing and reduce clutter in the Launcher tabs along the way, but they don't need to be examined for unwanted CC like the dbc files do. If going this route, the DCBackup folder should also be cleared of everything but the one small ccmerged.package file that needs to be in there -- without that, TS3 Store premium content will not function.

And, on a third level if all else fails, one could start over with a fresh no content TS3 user game folder (the game folder in Documents) and rebuild everything from the beginning.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The Launcher is only capable of displaying a finite amount of installed content per tab. The content actually lives in dbc bundles within the DCCache Folder once it's installed. If you have multiple dbc files, which most of us would after installing a fair amount of CC this way, then it's a bit tedious but Method by Mell can be used to examine the contents one dbc bundle at a time without suffering from much of the already installed content not showing up on the Launcher tabs because of item count overload.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...om-content.html
(scroll down a bit to get to the method part)

Alternatively, or if that just isn't going to work, one could declare all of one's Launcher installed CC a disaster, get rid of all of the dbc files within DCCache, and Launcher reinstall everything but without the unwanted or unexpected items. Sometimes Launcher uninstalling stuff just doesn't work, for whatever reasons. Note that the ebc files within DCCache are TS3 Store content, not CC, so those can be pulled out to do the Method by Mell thing and reduce clutter in the Launcher tabs along the way, but they don't need to be examined for unwanted CC like the dbc files do. If going this route, the DCBackup folder should also be cleared of everything but the one small ccmerged.package file that needs to be in there -- without that, TS3 Store premium content will not function.

And, on a third level if all else fails, one could start over with a fresh no content TS3 user game folder (the game folder in Documents) and rebuild everything from the beginning.

Thanks Igazor!
I went ahead and uninstalled all my downloads and cleared the DCCache and happy news finally, my game is back to normal, if not better than before! I think I also got rid of some cc I didn't even know I had because my game runs even smoother than before. I'll be much more mindful when hoarding cc from now on.