Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 2:00 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 6th Aug 2019 at 6:58 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default All my world maps seem to be corrupted {solved}
I edited a world and exported it out of caw unfinished so I could map the lots out. When placed the lots, some wouldnt appear correctly so I switched to another world, one I didnt edit, to finish placing these lots. The mapping of my other innocent worlds are gone. Only the lots are intact and underneath them is the routing (roads and sidewalks) of the world I edited. I cleared the world cache and removed the world I edited from the game but still have the issue. Anyone seen this and know a fix?

Also I'm confused. If I remove all instances of the world what is the game even referencing anymore to have this problem appear?
Below is an untouched version of Gurra's Sunhaven (except the lighting)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 3:10 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 6th Aug 2019 at 7:15 PM.
Welp I made a new folder and it seems to be something in my mods. I'm about to go on an extended hiatus so idk if this is worth the trouble atm. ; u ;
--------------------------------------------
Hi all!
I would like to discuss how critical thinking, retracing one's steps, and stepping away from a problem before going scorched earth may help one during confusing circumstances.
As mentioned in my above post, there's no reason a game would reference data it has no access to right? The Sims 3 luckily has a pretty straight forward file system compared to most games
meaning whatever references/instances appear in the game are most definitely going to appear in the game's folders. I did some testing and honestly waited way too long to actually retrace all my steps.

Last night I packaged some files. I thought they were just game objects, they appeared in the same folder I moved my newly exported caw world to AFTER I converted it from a sims 3 file to a package file.
As you can imagine someone who is rushing while multi-tasking may just accidentally package what is supposed to be immediately renamed to a world file with a bunch of other innocent package files right?
And completely ignore the blatant signs of such a mistake in S3PE such as the words "road" and "grass" that appear next to the instances. Oh, and then imagine the newly packed package file is 3 times as big as it should be and being that you were under the impression it was only a couple of items you then stick it in your mod folder which then allows it to override the characteristics of every world you open. That's what happened to me.

TLDR;

I accidentally packaged my newly edited world with some items and threw it in my mod folder which ofc caused it to override the characteristics of every world I opened in ts3.