Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CC and other disappearing, video still recording dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTTtXXnK38

I sought help for this save before to no avail, since nothing people suggested worked, so there's got to be something REALLY weird going on. I know a lot of talented people tried to help so it isn't for lack of trying. But the CC is still gone despite it being in my folders. Expansions are University, Into the Future, Pets, World Adventures, Seasons, and Island Paradise.

And in another game I started, I tried putting in the wood oven from Monte Vista but there's no commands to USE it. It's been reduced to a mere decoration, except sims can't even look at it. It's a lump sitting there when it should be producing pizzas and happy moodlets. So it isn't just CC either! Why would it be like this? Expansions there are World Adventures, Seasons, Pets, Island Paradise, and Generations.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:58 AM
Did you uninstall some content? Maybe check to see if all your expansions are clicked on in the Launcher.
Sometimes if your graphic settings are not set correctly, some objects will not show up. Maybe it went back to default settings?

You can also try updating your drivers.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 2:59 PM
Something stood out. You said...guessing that this is you in the video you posted, "His spell book is gone. Even though that was something I paid actual money for. ---". That implies you did not buy everything officially and perhaps used other means to obtain some content and may be why no one can help with this save based on something the developers possibly did intentionally to troll.

About the dark screen during recording. Unfortunately, TS3 doesn't seem to record properly when in full-screen mode and I've seen enough TS3 Let's Player's say the game only records normally when the game is in windowed mode. I've also recorded both full-screen and windowed mode to confirm from my own experience specifically with ShadowPlay and a trial version of Bandicam.

Can't say for sure what your issue is with your saves but I already gave my quick analysis of what could be the culprit.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:02 AM
I meant the comment about actual money being as opposed to it being custom content like his hair and such. And I paid money for the Monte Vista expansion and thus the wood oven as well. I haven't pirated anything.

I didn't uninstall anything. I moved some things but that's AFTER this started happening.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 6:03 PM
If your CC is installed through the launcher then sometimes it can uninstall items even when it states it is installed. I had a few store items not showing up in-game even though the launcher said it was installed. I don't know what causes that but it does happen sometimes. You could try starting a brand new The Sims 3 folder altogether and that may correct the problem with that launcher glitch if that is what you are experiencing.

Start > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3
Or whatever the path is if you own a MAC or digital copy.

Cut and paste The Sims 3 folder onto the desktop or an USB or external HDD but make sure you have enough space to do so. Then that will leave no TS3 folder so exit out. To create a brand new one you need to start the game and then quit. When you check back there should be a TS3 folder there. Close that window and open the launcher to download and install store content by using one tab on the launcher at a time. For example, download all within one tab at a time such as Patterns, Objects, Sims, etc. Once that is done you can close out of the launcher and then start the game to see if everything is installed and working like it should be. If it is then you can quit then begin transferring your data needed from your old to your new TS3 folder and continue playing your saves from a point, if you have backups, before that happened.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 9:02 PM
Yeah, I did that and it didn't fix anything. I also experimented by excluding CC until a problem could be narrowed down but it didn't reveal any issues.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 7:43 AM
Anybody? It got even weirder because I put the teppenyaki grill in a lot and the only commands I get with it are to do tricks. I can't cook on it but oh yeah I can stack onions. So the game knows it's THERE, and that it's an item that sims can interact with (unlike with the wood oven which has no interactions), but limits what those interactions are.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 9:52 PM
You can try following the steps here. Apparently some have had issues with the ccmerged pkg. and premium content not working properly.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...-content-items/
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 4:07 AM
That looks very informative! I'm trying to hit the "helpful" tag but it isn't working.

Now uh...I have a feeling that I may need some help going through it because I'm not very good at learning by reading. I'm smart but I need to see it done so if anybody wants to do a live skype chat with me, hit me up! I can show you what's going on and every step I'm doing.

I know this may seem like a daunting request but if it works then it'll hopefully be the last step and nothing will have to be brought up again!
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:33 AM
Is anyone able to help me out in such a way? I'd be so grateful!
Instructor
#12 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 1:59 AM
All you have to do is replace the ccmerged.package file in the dcbackup folder with Nona’s. Test it and see if it works. That is all I had to do. You can safely delete everything else in that folder but that file. Unless you have decrapified content, as long as it is installed through the launcher and not decrapified Nona’s file will work, just scroll down past all the long explanation on fixing it and download hers. It has all the content from the store in it.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 4:24 AM
Here is a semi-visual guide to deleting cache files. which may or may not help your issue, @BlackjackGabbiani. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...ete_Cache_Files @Mandelyn is right on the ccmerged file, as well. They can get corrupted. Also, what mods do you have running in your game at the current moment - NRAAS and otherwise?

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 5:47 AM
Ah sorry about the several months delay. I've been dealing with some things going on and I hope it's ok to pick this up again.

I've deleted those cache files multiple times just as part of general cleanup and there's no change in the missing content.

What mods do I have? Uh...well, my mods folder is mostly custom content. I've gone through all of it and haven't gotten anything to reappear.