Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:53 PM

HEY PETRO, LOOK OVER THERE!!

*whispers* Hey Andrew, here are your cocktails, one for every outfit.

Don't worry, they are Simthohol which means you won't get drunk.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:44 PM
That is exactly how it should be done
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:16 PM
Default Andrew Jones - Day 5 - Thursday - To the Future!
Hi Everyone. I'm back! Sorry for the long delay since my last post. I had a bad attack of acne, and I really didn't want any photos taken with a big ugly plook on my face. This acne really is the bane of the lives of us teenage Sims. You can't feel confident when you think everyone's looking at the big spots on your face. I admit I'm no picture, but I think Julian has a really beautiful face, and it's just horrible and grotesque when his face is disfigured by big zits. Most of my friends have the same problem. Some people say that it's bad personal hygiene that causes it, but I take a shower or a bath every day, and so does Julian, and we still get it. I believe some "real life" teens suffer the same affliction, and, if that's you, I really feel for you.

Thanks Sim Sample for the fermented juice! I think it was mean of Petro not to let me have some, just 'cause I'm young. I mean she was young once, wasn't she? Older people can forget what it fees like not to be allowed to do things just 'cause you're "not old enough". I mean, what's so special about being older? Doesn't make you any brighter, does it? When we teens do get allowed to do things, we generally do them just as well as the adults, if not better. . . .Anyway, that's what I think. (My arrogant opinion?)

. . .To get back to the challenge. For my future I plan to go to university . . .

Well, that's all for now. We've already taken my pictures for Day 6, so it won't be long till I'm back.

BCNU
SWALK :lovestruc
Andrew
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 16th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM.
I think little Andrew is getting too big for his shoes now. Next time, I may not be kind enough to look the other way while somebody tries to break the law behind my back. (Besides, if I were simsample, I would have made you innocent-looking but heavily fermented juice, not the other way around).
Now I hope you will run a fermented fruit juice bar one day, dear Andrew, and then maybe you will understand that having it closed down for one cheeky teenager is not worth it.
You look rather nice, though, and when you are a mad scientist, maybe you can formulate as some fresh fermented juice.
Of course, once you are at Uni, I will make you all the fermented juice you want
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:09 PM
Andrew looks very intelligent with that mortarboard on!

Petro, UR MEEN!!

PS- Andrew, have a nice glass of cool water.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:39 PM
Am not! meen (Not the one giving him fruit juice behind my back that is not even fermented )
I will start training Andrew in the fermented fruit juice bar if he is interested. He just has to understand that some drinks are off limit until he is 18 (I am South African, 18 is legal )
Meanwhile, I am looking into new cocktail combo's myself, using these. A promising mad scientist can be very helpful indeed (no tasting, though)
Screenshots
Space Pony
#32 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

PS- Andrew, have a nice glass of cool water.

Why I have the feeling that bottle is NOT a water bottle (naturally I have no idea if Sim's local store sells water at glass bottles )

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:16 AM
After talking so much on this thread, I decided that I will have one of my sims take part in the challenge. Of course it may need some convincing, but she is perfect for this and she also has more than one outfit in her dresser
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:55 PM
Default Andrew Jones - Day 6 - Friday - Urban Cool
Hi! I'm back again -- with another outfit.

Go for it Petro! It really is time we had some girls in this challenge. Tell your Sim that this challenge is really fun; she won't regret joining in. It's something that Sims and Simmers can enjoy together. Only possible drawback is it can be expensive. I already had loads of clothes in my wardrobe, but I've actually spent a thousand Simoleons on new ones (mainly tops) for the challenge. I've heard that some generous players give their Sims clothes for free. Mine is alright but he makes us pay for ours. Which is ok for me, since I have the money we made with our construction company building houses and things for Milburn Pennybags in Monopolis. But some, like poor Ginger and Gavin Newson, can really struggle, and go round in the same old clothes all the time because they can't afford new ones. So you just show yourself to be a really generous Simmer, and help your girl out if she needs it.

I forgive you for the fermented juice. And I'm enjoying the cocktails that Simsample gave me. I'm really not a cheeky teenager. I'm actually quite sensitive, and that hurt. Despite what gazania says, I really am shy by nature and my mum is always telling me to be more assertive and not let anyone squash me. I'm sorry if that coms across as cheeky. I'm not a saint, but I work hard at school and I just try to have fun the rest of the time. And I try to do it without hurting other Sims. Whatever I do, I want my mum to be proud of me.

Anyway here I am in my urban outfit:

Well, we're coming to the end of this challenge, just one more outfit to go. I'll be kind of sorry when it's over -- I've really been enjoying it.

BCNU :lovestruc
love, Andrew
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 2:25 PM
Default Justpetro - sim Charmaine
Here we go. Charmaine is a bit eccentric, and she has complained all through the photo shoot.

At the Beach

Prom

On the farm

Autumn

Urban

Retro

Future
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:16 PM
@AndrewGloria Now that is more like it! Sim Sample approves of the leather. Andrew, you definitely rock the Urban Cool look!

@Justpetro I like Charmaine's attitude, as well as her style! Love the butterfly hair, and Sim Sample likes the urban outfit best. He was a bit worried that the floor seems to be on fire in some of the pictures, though!
Theorist
#37 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:22 PM
Oh my, is that Sim's pants Charmaine is wearing?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
She is a fiery sim, @simsample
@Duine - the outfit is by Lidignata and you can find it here: http://lidiqnatastuff4thesims2.webs.com/afeveryday.htm
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#39 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:37 PM
I loooooove those pants with the halter top.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#40 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:02 AM
Default Andrew Jones - Day 7 - Saturday - Retro
Hi Everyone!

I'm back -- with my last outfit in this challenge. It was easy to choose my retro outfit -- I chose the clothes I was wearing the day we moved in. So nothing new to buy. And no taxi to a fancy destination either -- we'd take the photos right here in front of our house. Naturally I wanted mum in the pictures with me, and she too was wearing the outfit she had on that day when we moved in. So, here we are:

Well, there you are. Four pictures for you today. I hope you like them.

I'm kinda sorry this challenge is ending. I've really enjoyed it. I really don't know what you're complaining at, Charmaine. By nature I'm rather shy, but my mum is very outgoing, and I think some of her bubbliness has rubbed off on me. And doing this challenge has improved my self-confidence. So maybe, Charmaine, you're really a bit shy too, and it will help you as well. I hope so! My favourite of your outfits is of course your beach one, but then we in Veronaville do like to show a bit of leg -- boys as well as girls. I think my mum would look good in those yellow shorts. I've never even thought of changing my hairstyle when I change my clothes. But then I think my hair's one of best features, along with my legs of course!

Thanks everyone for reading this. Thanks for your encouraging comments. And especially thanks simsample for those delicious cocktails!

And, I just want to say, I couldn't have done it without my wonderful mum. Thanks mum!

All my love
:lovestruc Andrew :lovestruc
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:05 PM
Awwwww! *Sniff*

Such a nice post, @AndrewGloria ! And nice outfit, Andrew- it still looks good on you!

The challenge doesn't have to end, Andrew- your controlling human could show Julian or Gloria's outfits. Or some of the other Veronaville residents!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:09 PM
Andrew looks very handsome in that outfit I am truly happy to see him alive and talking, because I was really worried about him surviving that "water" somebody gave him.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#43 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Very charming Andrew

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#44 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Enki : 13th Aug 2018 at 7:27 PM. Reason: linked back to the actual post instead of the thread as a whole
I saw this in both Sims 2 and Sims 4 and I thought it would be fun to do it in both games with the same sim(s): Wolfgang Munch (Sims 4 premade) is a wannabe warlock and Rikku Queen (Sims 2 OC) an alien counter-spy. They are a couple in my current Strangetown. Credits for recreating Wolfie for Sims 2 go to tumblr user wiksims !

Day 1 - At the beach

Rikku and Wolfgang live where there is no beach and neither a public swimming pool. Except if you count the bassin at the barracks, but that's strictly for military personell, so Rikku couldn't take Wolfie with her and she'd be expected to wear her training wetsuit anyway.

For the time being they make do with clever use of canvas and imagination.
Rikku wears a swimsuit with a wave pattern. When she lies lies on her back and breathes in and out, it looks as if the ocean really moved. The ocean is very beckoning if you ask Wolfgang.
Himself he has opted for bathing trunks with, hm, at this point the couple couldn't come to a conclusion. Rikku sais it's shrimp writhing in agony as they are dying a painful death by dehydration. Wolfgang claims they are in fact fossils; minerals that took on the shape of the long decayed bodies of sea creatures, ammonites crushed by a landslide, to be specific. But whatever the case, you cannot go wrong with a fish skeleton around your neck, correct?

The couple is trying to get into beach vacation mood with their posing, because soon they'll depart to their very real beachside vacation in Brindleton Bay!

They made these poses on their own when I was placing them besides the keg.
Scholar
#45 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 7:17 PM
Day 2 - Prom

Wolfgang Munch was out of college for less than a year. He and his friends hadn't attended the art school's official graduation party, but had held a series of private ones at the abandoned ranch where they had lived together.

It felt like only yesterday. Highschool, however... that was prehistory. From before humans made records. Even as the young man tried to focus on the memories, they turned into little stories that were only loosely based on the real events in Wolfgang's mind. He'd gone to three different schools, first in Windenburg, then Strangetown and finally the juvenile prison. Each had been different and, as Wolfie now realized much to his surprise, kinda fun.

That raised the question: Did the aliens have something like a prom, too? And where had Rikku gone to school?
Nowhere, she explained, having run away from home at a young age.

"The closest I had to a prom was the graduation party at officer school", Rikku mused. "But it was canceled early by the campus police on account of us having abducted Phoenix Wheeler in the nude. Again."

"Oh. You'll have been in uniform for that one, of course."

"Not at all! Wait a mom', I've got the picture right here!"

Wolfie stared at the photograph. Admittedly Rikku looked stunning on it. Her partner wanted to like the image, he really wanted, but his knowledge got in the way. No matter how hard he tried, Wolfgang saw two two conflicting styles from historical periods too many centuries apart.

"I'm sorry", he said. "I seem to have contracted education at college. Whatever. Here's my photo."

Rikku looked at the picture(s). There seemed to be a story here.

Bonus: My sims's actual ingame grad party screenshots. Wolfie is in the first pic with Jonah Powers and in the second with Rikku.

Continued in the Sims 4 section
Scholar
#46 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
Day 3: On the farm

There was this farm... people payed the owners to be allowed to squat in the barn, work at the fields and in the stables. It defied everything Wolfgang Munch called common sense. Also the whole idea of going to college had been to NOT have to work for another four years. So Wolfie would be damned if he plucked as much as a single cherry now!

Wolfgang: "Potions! Magic potions! Will cure vampirism, werewolfism and plantsimism!"

Rikku (thinking): "He spent two weeks making the potions and half an hour each putting his stall up and down again. Only to shout his throat sore for two hours trying to sell the brew while I work in the orchard. And he claims all of this was LESS work. Should I worry now?"

Sims 4 version here
Scholar
#47 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 8:03 PM
Day 4: Autumn

In a way this was harder than even the dreaded prom picture. Wolfie's everyday outfit consists of black baggy pants and an offensive t-shirt. When the days get colder, he simply pulls over a gray sweater. Rikku on the other hand always wears a leather jacket and when the temperature falls she closes the zipper. Not much to work with for a picture.

I managed to make Wolfgang swap his worn sweater for a new one that is brown. The leaves turn brown in fall, right? Sure, they also turn yellow, red and orange, but in Wolfie's opinion a dirty brown is extremely vibrant already.

As for Rikku, I imagine she is actually glad to get rid of her old jacket. It was starting to smell and maybe she has outgrown the tough space-pirate image anyway. Unwilling to think about fashion much she now copies Wolfie's style.

The scarf Rikku is wearing has a little story: It was a gift from Wolfgang when their dating became serious.

I like the today's pics, b.t.w. I'm less satisfied with the Sims 4 version.
Scholar
#48 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:45 PM
Day 5: Into the future

When thought about the future, Wolfgang Munch saw VR goggles becoming much cheaper, but also outdated and surpassed my newer models. Also fossil fuel would run out during his lifetime or at least become harder to mine what would result in electricity prices going through the roof. So, goodbye VR goggles.

Beyond that, what did a part time potionmaker and self-proclaimed warlock know? The only thing the couple knew for certain was: In the future they'd be old.

Well, of course Wolfie could always take peak into the future... just a little one...

Asked about what he had glimpsed later, Wolfgang would answer "We are into hawaiian shirts" and Rikku would nod, because Wolfie had worn one during their first beach vacation (day 1) already. Old people liked dwelling on the past, right? So nothing out of the ordinary.

But Wolfgang couldn't help but speculating about what he had seen. A holographic winter scene projected around the elderly couple on a summer day? A real snow day, but they were behind invisible walls? Was perhaps genetic manipulation to endure extreme temperatures common in the future? And if so, was it permanment? Or an expensive one time shot reserved for special occasions?

Whatever the case. Wolfie smiled. He'd know someday.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:51 PM
@Enki I'm loving your sims' outfits, both Sims 2 and Sims 4! :lovestruc
Scholar
#50 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:37 PM
Thank you @simsample!
I'm having fun and I think I even got to know my sims a little better.

My favs in this thread so far were your Future and Prom, Andrew's Farm and Urban and Charmaine's (Justpetro's) Beach and Farm :lovestruc
Page 2 of 3