Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM
Default So, I guess we can't upload houses to MTS?
Can't find an option to save the .package file for anything like houses/sims, so am I right in assuming that those are gallery exclusive now? And only mods/CC can be uploaded to MTS?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohthatsimschick
Can't find an option to save the .package file for anything like houses/sims, so am I right in assuming that those are gallery exclusive now? And only mods/CC can be uploaded to MTS?

Look here:http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532723

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:20 PM
Hmm, that seems like a bit of a hassle... might give it a go, will see how I feel about it once I'm done building! Thanks though, that's really helpful info that I'll definitely be saving!
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
That's already how buildings are being offered on TSR. You download a collection of files and place them all wherever they're supposed to go. Not as intuitive, perhaps, as unzipping to a Downloads folder and then running the Launcher, but as long as you unzip the files to the correct folder, you don't ever have to deal with a Launcher, which, IMO, is actually a gift from above. I HATE that 3 Launcher.

Now, as to managing those files down the road, when say you don't want that particular house available, well, that's going to be a bit problematic if you do not keep careful track of which files are to which house.
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
That's already how buildings are being offered on TSR. You download a collection of files and place them all wherever they're supposed to go. Not as intuitive, perhaps, as unzipping to a Downloads folder and then running the Launcher, but as long as you unzip the files to the correct folder, you don't ever have to deal with a Launcher, which, IMO, is actually a gift from above. I HATE that 3 Launcher.

Now, as to managing those files down the road, when say you don't want that particular house available, well, that's going to be a bit problematic if you do not keep careful track of which files are to which house.

The house will end up in your gallery, if you don't want it later on, delete it from your gallery.

CC4Sims
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Christine11778
The house will end up in your gallery, if you don't want it later on, delete it from your gallery.

I hope that if people do upload houses that way to MTS or anywhere else they also include their Origin ID or a way to find it in the gallery. From what I've seen so far of people offering it that way, they have, though.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teagown
I hope that if people do upload houses that way to MTS or anywhere else they also include their Origin ID or a way to find it in the gallery. From what I've seen so far of people offering it that way, they have, though.

If people are uploading to MTS or some other site, chances are they won't be uploading it to their gallery in game for other people to download. I know I won't be adding my lot to the gallery through the game.

CC4Sims
dodgy builder
#8 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:26 AM
That tutorial is very easy, it's not really a bit job. Just make sure you will know what files to look for once your looking through the tray folder. Like say only one lot today or something?

I have a lot ready for mts, I'm just waiting for them to fix a minor issue in the uploader. TSR got it working today did they? Perhaps I get it up there instead.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:24 PM
Uploader issue should be working now.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 7th Sep 2014 at 7:31 PM.
It wasn't quite as easy as I thought. It needs a bit more work to make sure it's the right files. They have a redefined list of files to include here: http://thesimsresource.com/content/...ost/post/26857/

The new file I have tried is only 214 kb, isn't that incredibly small?

I renamed the sims4 folder to sims 4 - old and restarted the game. It works like a charm. After a bit of struggling I got my house working in the new folder.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:23 PM
That list of files looks like it’s the exact same thing as in the link Christine posted (she also stated in her original post that she tested it, I’ve only edited that out of the sticky). What it boils down to is essentially: save your lot, then grab the bunch of files that have a savedate of "just now" and zip them. Done.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM
Has anyone tried putting their Tray files in subfolders?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
dodgy builder
#13 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That list of files looks like it’s the exact same thing as in the link Christine posted (she also stated in her original post that she tested it, I’ve only edited that out of the sticky). What it boils down to is essentially: save your lot, then grab the bunch of files that have a savedate of "just now" and zip them. Done.

It's true if you do it instantly without any delay. I had some waiting for mts and tsr to do.

Just one thing I forgot. I put it in a folder and tsr instructions clearly say no folder before zipping.

Quote: Originally posted by Nysha

I just packed my lots yesterday and had some nameless blue squares in my library, it might have been the lots I had already packed. Perhaps someone else can confirm that.
Scholar
#14 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It wasn't quite as easy as I thought. It needs a bit more work to make sure it's the right files. They have a redefined list of files to include here: http://thesimsresource.com/content/...ost/post/26857/

The new file I have tried is only 214 kb, isn't that incredibly small?

I renamed the sims4 folder to sims 4 - old and restarted the game. It works like a charm. After a bit of struggling I got my house working in the new folder.

That is not too small for a lot, I have 3 lots so far and all of them were around that size or slightly smaller.

CC4Sims
Scholar
#15 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:39 PM

I will try this and report back, it would be nice if it works

I tried this and it did not work for me, I don't think subfolders will work.

CC4Sims
dodgy builder
#16 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
I have sent you a lot, take a look at it. The lot size box didn't save, but that's just like it used to be I guess.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:59 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2014 at 8:13 PM.
Actually I'm gonna move this to Create > Building. This is of special interest for builders, methinks.

Seeing as /Mods can be subfoldered by way of the redirects in resource.cfg .. perhaps that would be a viable way for Tray as well? I'm going to inquire over at EA .. that is really an interesting question =).

Edit: I asked.

@Volvenom , by "sent you a lot" do you mean uploaded? Or whom have you sent it to?

just a girl
#18 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM

It didn't work for me. I tested with sims though.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:14 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2014 at 8:24 PM.
I wouldn't expect it to work without redirects .. maybe copy resource.cfg over to Tray and see what happens? =D

Oh wait, no, we don't know what the equivalent to "PackedFile" would be. Nvm.

For now, in any case, Maxis are explicitely *discouraging* from doing anything that would require messing about with this:

Quote: Originally posted by TS4 Custom Content Guide.pdf
This Resource.cfg file can be modified by the user and it will not be replaced by the application. However it is recommended that Custom Content or Mods do not require users to change this file in order to simplify the setup process for users.

dodgy builder
#20 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Actually I'm gonna move this to Create > Building. This is of special interest for builders, methinks.

Seeing as /Mods can be subfoldered by way of the redirects in resource.cfg .. perhaps that would be a viable way for Tray as well? I'm going to inquire over at EA .. that is really an interesting question =).

Edit: I asked.

@Volvenom , by "sent you a lot" do you mean uploaded? Or whom have you sent it to?

I sent it by email Just kidding. It's in the moderation queue I guess. @plasticbox
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:18 AM
So this might seem like a dumb question but - if I can get these files together, how do I make a lot submission to this site? Do I just start a thread with details in the appropriate sub? Is there an upload option somewhere I'm missing?
dodgy builder
#22 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pollycranopolis
So this might seem like a dumb question but - if I can get these files together, how do I make a lot submission to this site? Do I just start a thread with details in the appropriate sub? Is there an upload option somewhere I'm missing?

Create/upload items in the menu above.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Finally! I can upload my homes here in MTS! Thank you guys for always keeping us up do date and for sharing these awesome tips!