Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 24 of 25
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#576 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:10 AM
thanks! this is awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#577 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 5:38 PM
Does the sims 3 stop with crashing?
Test Subject
#578 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 11:50 AM Last edited by SilveryRow : 15th Feb 2014 at 9:34 PM. Reason: Further information
I will give that a go. When I turn the mod back on, will anything happen to the Memories accrued whilst I was waiting for the death? Not a big deal in the long run, just wondered.

I've also noticed I get no Memories for engagements or marriage.

I've tried with Memories enabled and nothing appears in Memories when a Sim dies - only if a Sim saw someone die, which isn't quite the same as remembering when your poor old Dad went to Sim-Hawaii.

Okay, I finally have a Memory for a Sim death - someone's friend died. So the problem is no Memories for family members??
Test Subject
#579 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 8:55 AM
I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I'm new to the forums here. Will this mod be updated to patch 1.67? Or does the 1.66 version work with it?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#580 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:37 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I was getting ridiculous memories about Unclogging the Toilet and such.
Test Subject
#581 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 6:47 AM
If you choose the no memories download, how do you create your own special memory ie..wedding, death, etc? I have the memories disabled in options, it has stopped a lot of the annoying pop-ups. But, it isn't helping with lag and load-save times.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#582 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 3:28 PM
even if there is no memory for marriage, etc., you can still record it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#583 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:59 AM Last edited by isabellajowell : 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:10 AM.
Can this be used with patch 1.67?
And where can I find the package file manually for this step : The application it will attempt to read the Sims 3 installation directory from the registry and if it doesn't find it, it will prompt you for it.
please and thank u
Test Subject
#584 Old 3rd May 2014 at 1:41 PM
This was great, but it needs to be updated to patch 1.67 .
Also, when I download the modder and click on the exe file, it gives me the "has stopped working" error.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#585 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 11:34 PM
Great mod. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#586 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 3:12 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#587 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:50 AM
life saver Thanks
Test Subject
#588 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:07 PM Last edited by Kazenra : 11th Aug 2014 at 11:44 AM.
Hey, I've used this mod in the past (around patch 1.2something I think, long time ago lol) and it was amazing. I've come back to get the updated one, assuming 1.66 will work with the latest patch. But none of the download links are going anywhere..It keeps saying I need to be logged into wherever the downloads are hosted but I never remember having to do that. Obviously I have an account on here so no idea what's wrong. I desperately need this mod, my save is an old one and is beginning to lag. My oldest sim is a good couple hundred days old and is an immortal vampire so she definitely needs this so I don't need to go back and delete all the useless stuff she's remembered over and over but I definitely want her to remember the things like becoming a vampire and getting married to her hubby..
Any help is appreciated, thank you!

----Edit-----

Crisis averted, the site works today so no worries...however I haven't tried it yet with 1.67 so who knows what will happen lol
Thanks anyways~
Test Subject
#589 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:02 PM
hi, does this still work with the recent patch or no? please answer asap! thank you xx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#590 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:07 PM
BIG THANKS! I always found it interesting to go through the memories of a sim after a while just to find out that most of the memories were crap I had to delete. My sim went to the park, yay! WTF? My sim went fishing for a few hours leaving 12 memories? OMG. You know what I mean, that's why you made this mod ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#591 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:32 AM
Thank goodness for this mod. It makes a huge difference in game play.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#592 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 12:23 AM
Will definitely be downloading this.

I can understand Candi getting upset that SCALLOP agents haul her away in cuffs, or reminiscing about her first time with Donte, or her wedding. I can understand Col. Flix reminiscing about being promoted to a colonel. Or Liquidon mourning Cindy after she sacrifices herself to destroy Varikton's machine.

But every single skill upgrade, park visit, encounter with a llama mascot, etc.? No, that's too much and too annoying. Now, I don't have to deal with it anymore. Great job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#593 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 10:55 PM
Waou!! just discovered this !! thanks a bunch for making it you're great
Test Subject
#594 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyduke21
Quick question does this help prevent error code 12?

A year late but have you tried to use the save cleaner tool ?? its pretty good the first time i tried it , it cleaned a save from 890mb down to 91mb lol . On top of this if you open the travelDB section of the save up with the S3PE and then select all files inside of it marked as IMG you can cut the save size down even more (always back files up before moddding them incase they go wrong but it is a pretty safe easy thing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#595 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:37 PM
Thank god for this! No more "Sadie will never forget the day.............................."
THANKS POST
#596 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:17 PM
This was recommended to me and hopefully it will help stop me getting Error Code 12 messages every time I try to play my Sims 3 game.

Many thanks for your help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#597 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:26 AM
Very useful, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#598 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 11:36 AM
Hi! I Play The Sims 3 on a Mac so can I use the Memory Modder tool? I have the (only important memories) mod installed on my game but I want to be able to pick what Memory's I want my sims to have!!! Help!
Test Subject
#599 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:14 AM
This will work. Honestly, I was just looking for something that made it so that memories wouldn't reset every time you launch it, but this is fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#600 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 3:22 PM
i will try this later
Page 24 of 25