Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:36 AM
Default Looking for a tutorial/ guidance for creating bones/ skeleton on objects
I'm looking for tutorials for custom animated objects, specifically how to create bones that can be rotated/moved in blender or some other program.

Assume I made a custom object mesh from scratch, is there an existing tutorial or discussion thread about how to make bones for the object so that I can move /rotate parts as desired. I'm familiar with Blender for Sim animations and I know how to create static objects and how to animate preexisting objects that already have bones. I feel like once I know how to create bones, I can probably figure out the rest.
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 6:13 AM
Maybe this can help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Maybe this can help

It helps partially, what I usually do for meshing objects is create mesh in blender -> export to obj -> import to milkshape to assign bones from by copying from an existing object -> convert to wso so that I can import the file to TSRW and apply textures and stuff
The problem here is when I do the "export to obj" step, I believe bone assignments are lost in the process, wondering if there's a work around..
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rgnrk198
It helps partially, what I usually do for meshing objects is create mesh in blender -> export to obj -> import to milkshape to assign bones from by copying from an existing object -> convert to wso so that I can import the file to TSRW and apply textures and stuff
The problem here is when I do the "export to obj" step, I believe bone assignments are lost in the process, wondering if there's a work around..

I bumped into this information Go through it and see if it can help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:20 AM
Hmm that didn't seem to work. However, I did manage to stumble upon a blender plugin that I've not used before by cmarmoney: http://modthesims.info/d/433882, in my search to debug the problem.
It seems like it can show the bones + the object mesh, I'll try this out + the bone tutorial you linked as reference.

Thanks!