Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:52 PM.
Default allow object and person interaction Not working (FIXED)
It's the first time that following HL's how-to does not work, for me.
I added the line, but in game I still have the can't intersect other object message...I don't understand.
I cloned a wall object. If there is a window or another wall deco, my new object (a curtain pole) won't place, unless I use ctrl + alt, which came with AL.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 6:27 AM
Is the function - init linked in the Object functions?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 6:56 AM
Which wall object did you clone?

Actually, that's normal behavior if you're not using cheats to place things on walls or using Ctrl+Alt. You can place curtains over other objects on a wall but you can't place other wall objects over curtains - so I'd suggest either taking a look at a curtain to see what the difference is OR re-cloning and using a curtain.

OR you could also go the route of adding a line to the BHAV to remove the need to have a wall behind and it should work that way. I've done that because I'm too lazy to re-clone. (And it might actually be removing the need to have a wall in front - I think it's kind of backwards.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:51 PM
I needed an object that was shiftable and had 2 recolorable subsets. Though I was afraid to re-clone, because making it work as I wanted gave me trouble the first time. One subset had to be slaved to a maxis object, and the other had to...not be slaved Both had to be recolorable and SimPE decided to hate me, like if I never did that before. But I made it work finally. So yeah..I was a bit scared to try again. lol
But I followed your advise Mustluvecatz, and cloned a curtain. Thank you.
Pfff..worked like a peanut on the first try.
(peanuts works good, I tell you)

Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:26 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Apr 2018 at 12:45 AM.
Adding subsets is very easy. It's something you can do in a few steps, and it's relatively easy to learn how to do it without having to read a tutorial every time. It's also one of those things you will find uses for everywhere. Tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379
(I'd also say learning to repository items is a very handy skill - I combine these two so much you have no idea...)

Anyway, when using Moveobjects ingame, you should be able to place objects on the same tile without any troubles. Using a curtain may be a good option if you need to place them in front of windows, since they in most cases are interplaceable (is that a word?) with windows. I think there's probably some BHAV that will allow for the object to be placeable over other objects too, but honestly it's too much of a hassle when it's 1000 times easier to use Moveobjects.

And a tip for future projects:
For most one-tile deco objects I prefer using the sculpure of a wooden man. They're placeable anywhere (If you don't want it placeable anywhere, it's just a simple setting in the OBJD), recolorable, very easy to change, and they don't have too much junk in them so it's easy to add various functions like deco slots and making it shiftable. Also, it looks very nice in a dress (true story )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:55 AM
Yes. I already know the repository technique, I use JWood's though. The other you linked, by IgnorantBliss is ok, but there is missing info I find, so i rarely use it.
Everything is fixed now..(go take a loOk! in the whatchoo up too pic thread...lol)