Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Oh you need the essential mods, just because you haven't seen outward signs of corruption doesn't mean it's not there. People have played corrupt hoods for months, others have played a week and had them go kaboom, it's like Russian Roulette.

You want the Simlogical telporter. But first, go grab at least no unlink on delete and no corrupt death and the bat Box, no sim loaded and smarter ep check. If you play vampires also grab creature fixes.

What do you mean actually with "kaboom"?
What happens to that neighbourhood?

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
They stopped making the game 10 years ago. With the last game engine done, there is no need to update some of the mods. 10 year old mods are generally fine, especially when made by a certain set of modders.

M&G came out in 2009.
Those mods I'm talking about are from 2006 and older...
I don't know when the last game engine is done, but the last EP/SP was 2009.
That's why I was wondering about it.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:19 PM
"Kaboom" can mean a lot of things. Sims disappearing; cats that think they're human, humans who think they're dogs, toddlers who think they're elderly Romance sims, entire neighborhoods vanishing from the game though you can still see the folder, households that can't be opened, sims who crash the game just by walking onto a lot - these are all things I've heard tell of. Sometimes it's possible to play a corrupted game for a long time, sometimes it becomes unplayable right off the bat.

What mods like nocorruptdeath and nounlinkondelete do is fix code that the development team didn't know was broken, in order to prevent accidental corruption. The basic code that was fixed was never changed during the lifetime of the game; therefore updating was not necessary.

Please believe me when I say, that nobody here would recommend mods that don't work with certain EPs without mentioning this fact. And these particular mods are so important that, if they ever had been rendered obsolete, the community would have gone into spasms until someone, whether the original creator or not, updated it. If you have doubts or hear contradictory information about a mod, please feel free to ask for clarification. Even if you do download a mod that doesn't work with your current EPs, it won't corrupt anything; at worst, it will just crash it or achieve unintended results.

Playing without the Essentials is like riding in a car without using a seatbelt. In every country in which seatbelts have been made mandatory, deaths in automobile accidents have gone down; and a large percentage of those that do occur, are the deaths of those who don't use their seatbelts. A seatbelt may be too worn out to be maximally effective, it may lack a shoulder harness; but no seatbelt is so old or outmoded in design that it is not better than no seatbelt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"Kaboom" can mean a lot of things. Sims disappearing; cats that think they're human, humans who think they're dogs, toddlers who think they're elderly Romance sims, entire neighborhoods vanishing from the game though you can still see the folder, households that can't be opened, sims who crash the game just by walking onto a lot - these are all things I've heard tell of. Sometimes it's possible to play a corrupted game for a long time, sometimes it becomes unplayable right off the bat.

What mods like nocorruptdeath and nounlinkondelete do is fix code that the development team didn't know was broken, in order to prevent accidental corruption. The basic code that was fixed was never changed during the lifetime of the game; therefore updating was not necessary.

Please believe me when I say, that nobody here would recommend mods that don't work with certain EPs without mentioning this fact. And these particular mods are so important that, if they ever had been rendered obsolete, the community would have gone into spasms until someone, whether the original creator or not, updated it. If you have doubts or hear contradictory information about a mod, please feel free to ask for clarification. Even if you do download a mod that doesn't work with your current EPs, it won't corrupt anything; at worst, it will just crash it or achieve unintended results.

Playing without the Essentials is like riding in a car without using a seatbelt. In every country in which seatbelts have been made mandatory, deaths in automobile accidents have gone down; and a large percentage of those that do occur, are the deaths of those who don't use their seatbelts. A seatbelt may be too worn out to be maximally effective, it may lack a shoulder harness; but no seatbelt is so old or outmoded in design that it is not better than no seatbelt.

Thanks for explaining this. It's much clearer now.
I make a lot of backups of my neighbourhood so I can always go back to a version where everything still works, but indeed I have lost a neighbourhood to corruption (although it might be caused by a lot of downloads).
The only thing I'm still in doubt of is the batbox and that's because of this: http://modthesims.info/t/424787

But I have now:
BO - No Sim Loaded - FINAL bugfix.zip
creaturefixes.zip
ffsdebugger.zip (although this is called the batbox and I'm still in doubt)
nounlinkondelete.zip
nocorruptdeath.zip
CJ-SmarterEPCheck.zip

I guess these are all the essentials I need? Or are there still others?

Edit:
I found these too (marked as critical or very critical or important):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12892.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6698.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1609.0.html

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#29 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:48 PM
Just don't do anything you don't understand with the batbox, and you'll be fine. And there's so many things that are simple and intuitive to do, that can solve so many problems, that you'll soon wonder how you ever played without it. Drama Acres would probably have died long ago without it.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:16 PM
I have heard people mention the batbox--I had assumed someone created a bat home you could attach to your sims' houses so you could have bats flying around. I like bats. lol
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:22 PM
I would totally download that myself, but nobody's made that, alas. Though Plumbob Keep's "Natural Pet Food" includes bat spawners...The batbox is called that because it's got the Batman logo on it. Presumably this is one of Pescado's weird little jokes.

Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:26 PM
I would totally download that myself, but nobody's made that, alas. Though Plumbob Keep's "Natural Pet Food" includes bat spawners...The batbox is called that because it's got the Batman logo on it. Presumably this is one of Pescado's weird little jokes.

The batman logo?
Then I think I already have it in my game or have had it.
I'll need to check to be sure.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 10:10 PM
The Bat Box's real name is the Lot Debugger. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ebugger_options However it was quickly and fondly called the Bat Box because as Peni said it is black with the yellow Bat symbol. Best placed into the foundation of every house or hidden someplace cause that thing is ugly.

Alfixes-you don't need. There is a case of a mod that become somewhat obsolete since most of what it fixed EA actually fixed in the AL patch. There are other mods around to fix a few other things that it fixes. I never noticed a change after pulling it two years back. This mod actually had the hidden 'feature' of nuking date cards. Sometimes with Pes mods you get hidden extras, so I only use the ones that we know are essential. Pes apparently didn't like date cards so he nuked them in that mod but didn't mention it.

Woohoo fix_I actually don't know of that or if I have it or not. Anyone know if this is still needed? I have certainly never noticed any funny woohoo memories. Either I have this and forgot I have it or they fixed it in a patch.

Stuck Object remover-yes do get that. Sometimes sims have been playing kicky ball or skipping and after the game you can get the object stuck on a tile but invisible. You go to place something there or build and the game won't let you. Or let's say you are playing a business and restock signs appear across the road, you can't delete them because they vanish as soon as you leave build and buy mode. Place down the stuck object remover and any annoying invisible item will be gone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#34 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 5:35 AM
Back to the OP's original question. One way within normal game play that I get a lot of sims involved is to put them in a small apartment complex with a well-designed common area, then play a large active family but everyone else comes out to see what's up, too. Then, if I wanted to control individuals temporarily, I'd probably use an inSimenator object to do that. I've had 21 running around at a pizza party before on my laptop and it worked ok.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:46 AM
The batbox is called that because it's got the Batman logo on it. Presumably this is one of Pescado's weird little jokes.

I believe it was because someone once described the Lot Debugger as the Sims 2 equivalent of Batman's utility belt, but I may be mis-remembering.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The Bat Box's real name is the Lot Debugger. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ebugger_options However it was quickly and fondly called the Bat Box because as Peni said it is black with the yellow Bat symbol. Best placed into the foundation of every house or hidden someplace cause that thing is ugly.

Alfixes-you don't need. There is a case of a mod that become somewhat obsolete since most of what it fixed EA actually fixed in the AL patch. There are other mods around to fix a few other things that it fixes. I never noticed a change after pulling it two years back. This mod actually had the hidden 'feature' of nuking date cards. Sometimes with Pes mods you get hidden extras, so I only use the ones that we know are essential. Pes apparently didn't like date cards so he nuked them in that mod but didn't mention it.

Woohoo fix_I actually don't know of that or if I have it or not. Anyone know if this is still needed? I have certainly never noticed any funny woohoo memories. Either I have this and forgot I have it or they fixed it in a patch.

Stuck Object remover-yes do get that. Sometimes sims have been playing kicky ball or skipping and after the game you can get the object stuck on a tile but invisible. You go to place something there or build and the game won't let you. Or let's say you are playing a business and restock signs appear across the road, you can't delete them because they vanish as soon as you leave build and buy mode. Place down the stuck object remover and any annoying invisible item will be gone.

Anyone who can tell us about the Woohoo fix still being needed or not?

Page 2 of 2