Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:38 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 17th Apr 2019 at 3:23 PM.
Adding Bones/Joints to a Floor Object?
What's the process of turning a normal object into a shiftable object in TSRW?

The objects are already made, and contain some shaders that I can't replicate in other objects.

Thanks!
Jje1000
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 1:40 PM
Hrm, personally I haven't done this before, but it should be done this way: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...319#post5209319

But I think it's easier to do this with S3pe. It's likely that TSRW will export some default things and thus breaking it. That's kind of the reason why one would not want to use TSRW for modding purposes
Inventor
#3 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 8:49 PM
It's pretty easy. You have to edit the OBJD resource (using Grid mode with S3PE) and in the WallMovementFlags category enable "CanBeMovedUpDownOnWall". Make sure that the flags "OnWall", "IntersectsObjectsOffWall" and 01, 0A and 0B are enabled and everything else disabled.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 8:48 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 14th Apr 2019 at 4:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
It's pretty easy. You have to edit the OBJD resource (using Grid mode with S3PE) and in the WallMovementFlags category enable "CanBeMovedUpDownOnWall". Make sure that the flags "OnWall", "IntersectsObjectsOffWall" and 01, 0A and 0B are enabled and everything else disabled.

Thanks!

After doing that, the shiftable arrows finally appeared. However, it still seems the like object is not actually attached to a wall (it still acts like a normal object), and the shiftable arrows do nothing as well.

One other thing I noticed is that the object I cloned does not have any slots for bones- would this have an effect?

I've attached the objects in question here if it might help some more.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 3:24 PM
Ok second question- was able to make the object shiftable with the help of @mspoodle1

Is there any way of adding a joint to a TSRW or a package file? I want to make the objects snap to the wall, rather than acting like a floor object.
Site Helper
#6 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 7:38 PM
I seem to remember seeing an "on wall" box on packages in s3pe. If I'm remembering correctly, you just have to mark that box. (And "commit" before saving.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 2:14 PM
I *have* done this before, but TSRW, again didn't really work with me. In fact, the slot or joint that TSRW adds, doesn't add it correctly to other files where it needs to be. Sounds a bit vague I know What I mean is, slots or Joints are, as TSRW adds it to, in the _RIG file. That's all fine and stuff but what TSRW leaves out to have this correctly working, is also adding this information in the RSLT file This could be easily done through S3PE though
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:39 AM
It is probably easier if you clone a painting rather than using a billboard as a base, and change the mesh etc. to yours to get the window to stick to the wall first. After it snaps to the wall and is shiftable, use S3PE to change flags so it shows in the world builder and/or behaves like a large object, if that is what you want. I assume that was your reasoning to use a billboard as a base?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th May 2019 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
It is probably easier if you clone a painting rather than using a billboard as a base, and change the mesh etc. to yours to get the window to stick to the wall first. After it snaps to the wall and is shiftable, use S3PE to change flags so it shows in the world builder and/or behaves like a large object, if that is what you want. I assume that was your reasoning to use a billboard as a base?

That's what I did in the end, I used the object flags from a painting to make the object shiftable (https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...e-who-wants-to).

However, I wasn't able to make the object snap to/hide with the wall, as it requires bones to do so, and the object I cloned it from lacked bones (and using other objects as a base was a non-starter as the base object contained specific, unduplicatable shaders).

Oh well!