Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Map Viewing Glitched House?
Hey, I am having a small issue with my Sims 3 game. You see this glitch has happened before, though I just ignored it, but after this happening many times I began to wonder if there is a fix to this graphical and viewing problem. I have tried searching around on google but as most of us know, google does not understand simple phrases and words sometimes and it does not give you accurate results when searching. Anyways so here is what is happening, sometimes my houses in map view will look all ridiculous and it just does not look pleasing when looking at the neighborhood with all my other nice houses that are rendering properly. Anyways some walls will become hidden or look invisible and sometimes the roof will be broken looking or just disappear altogether, I have supplied some pictures to show you what I mean. However when playing in game the house will look fine luckily and is not glitched what so ever, it is just when viewing the world map, like when you want to send your sim somewhere and you use the tags instead to do so, instead of just walking your sim all the way through the neighborhood to get somewhere.

This is what I mean by the house on map view looks glitched:

This is what it is suppose to actually look like and what it looks like when actually playing the game and not viewing the map:

Is there a fix to this glitch or do I just have to ignore it and carry on playing my game, if there is a solution and someone knows it, thanks in advanced.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:52 PM
From my experience deleting those cache files can actually trigger the glitch; but anyway, this is a caching problem nevertheless and usually appears during saving and (later) reloading.
The only fix is to enter the house in Build/Buy mode, pick up a piece of furniture and place it back; once you leave Build/Buy the map view should be back to normal. If you want to do this during a play session it is enough to enable testingcheats, shift-click on the ground of the affected house, choose Build/Buy On This Lot, move the piece of furniture (it doesn't work so well with outdoor plants) and then leave Buy/Build again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:21 PM
The underlying reason is that each lot has a low res view image and a higher res up close one associated with it. They can get out of sync and the low res one can get messed up as shown. Sometimes we also see what looks like an empty lot in Map View when we know full well we have put a building there, or we see what used to be there long ago before we bulldozed it and built something else.

We had a solution for this as a command in a prior version of NRaas MasterController but had to remove it because the forced regeneration of the low res image tended to break either the lot in question or the actively being played one (not permanently, a save, quit and reload put it right again but that takes almost as much effort to figure out what's happened as the Build/Buy approach so it wasn't really accomplishing anything), the angry calls and letters were flowing in, etc. That one went back to the drawing board for more work but nothing useful has come of it yet.
#5 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:41 PM
Ha, I remember having been one of those bold souls to test that function in MC, but I wouldn't have thought of my feedback as being an angry call.
I mean I may have hinted at that your site is so pretty that it'd be a shame if something happened to it. But that was perfectly polite, wasn't it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Ha, I remember having been one of those bold souls to test that function in MC, but I wouldn't have thought of my feedback as being an angry call.
I mean I may have hinted at that your site is so pretty that it'd be a shame if something happened to it. But that was perfectly polite, wasn't it?

LOL! Actually one of the "angry callers" from the beta test group was me (though it was more behind the scenes, I think) and I would have been more in a position to do such damage than most here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:49 AM
From my experience deleting those cache files can actually trigger the glitch; but anyway, this is a caching problem nevertheless and usually appears during saving and (later) reloading.
The only fix is to enter the house in Build/Buy mode, pick up a piece of furniture and place it back; once you leave Build/Buy the map view should be back to normal. If you want to do this during a play session it is enough to enable testingcheats, shift-click on the ground of the affected house, choose Build/Buy On This Lot, move the piece of furniture (it doesn't work so well with outdoor plants) and then leave Buy/Build again.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it and wow I can't believe you threatened to take down someone's site for making you mad XD Hopefully you know better and are more mature then that, if you can get into sites use it to help people not hurt them.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
Thanks for the help I appreciate it and wow I can't believe you threatened to take down someone's site for making you mad XD Hopefully you know better and are more mature then that, if you can get into sites use it to help people not hurt them.

I think you might be taking Don's comment a bit too seriously there. He's been an active contributing member at NRaas for I believe longer than I have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think you might be taking Don's comment a bit too seriously there. He's been an active contributing member at NRaas for I believe longer than I have.

I was just laughing at it because it sounds like something I would say to threaten people who pissed me off. I figured they where joking, I did not take it seriously at all, I just add in some advice just in case there could of been some truth to it XD
#10 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
I was just laughing at it because it sounds like something I would say to threaten people who pissed me off. (...)
You use mafia style tactics, too?*

*My above "threat" is the stereotypical response from racketeers in many mafia or gangster movies; just in case there are people in here reading who still did not get it there's a good example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRke9pMnqEE
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:10 AM
You use mafia style tactics, too?*

*My above "threat" is the stereotypical response from racketeers in many mafia or gangster movies; just in case there are people in here reading who still did not get it there's a good example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRke9pMnqEE

Yup I have seen mafia style movies and all that use that phrase a couple times, plus I just really like it XD