Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:08 PM
Default Rejected clothing, please help!?
I've just had these t-shirts rejected and im not sure why, they look good in game and i created them exactly the same way as my other creation that was accepted.

Can anyone help?
Screenshots

---STUDIO 82---NEW PROJECTS IN JOURNAL---
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:12 PM
Did they give you a reason as to why they were rejected?

I like them a lot by the way, dont know why they were rejected.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
What did the message say? I like them too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
They were rejected because:

Textures: Black & White
Textures: Pixallated/Blurry
Textures: Too Bright
General: Needs a bit of work

To be honest i dont understand??

Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:24 AM
I don't understand, either. It almost sounds like they got your upload mixed up with someone else's!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:28 AM
Each of the rejection reasons explains what it means - it doesn't just have those headers.

On this one and this one (and possibly this one), the images on the shirts look to be a bucket fill pure black - make them a dark grey. The red and yellow look a bit too over-saturated too. I don't really see much in the way of pixellation except in the folds on the bottom of the shirts but that may be due to the compression applied to them - if you add the tiniest amount of monochromatic noise before saving, that'll fix that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:38 AM
Yeah slide that saturation down some, then turn the blacks and whites into shades of dark and light grey. Only rejection reason I don't understand is the pixelated/blurry part. One thing I wish mts would sometimes clarify is if it's either pixelated or blurry instead of just having them in one thing, I think it would let especially newer creators know exactly what they need to change. But this is not a site issues thread, so just try to make them less bright colors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
Ok, i've changed 1 of the t-shirts so far, if i was to put that into the game would that be better.

The left side is the edited version, the right side as the original??
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:17 PM
It looks kind of dark. Which is okay, if you're going for grey. But I thought the t-shirt was supposed to be white...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I don't really see much in the way of pixellation except in the folds on the bottom of the shirts but that may be due to the compression applied to them - if you add the tiniest amount of monochromatic noise before saving, that'll fix that.

Thanks hp, you just saved one of my latest projects. :D

Hmm, i don't think you needed to make it as dark as you did. Just use the "brightness and contrast" slider bars to tone it down a bit.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
It looks kind of dark. Which is okay, if you're going for grey. But I thought the t-shirt was supposed to be white...
That shirt was perfectly okay. The whole black and white critique isn't true in my opinion. It's obvious that the original had shading by looking at the texture. Don't use the second version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:52 PM
ok thanks

Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info