Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:15 AM Last edited by corrie695 : 12th May 2009 at 1:00 PM.
Default Everest - Modern Home <New Pic - Landscaping Redone>
I have been working on a house... *gasp* a real shock right?
But i wanted to know if the house is OK...

Here are some pics

It has 4 Bedrooms with a Nursery, 7 Bathrooms, one in the Games Room out back, Patio and even an Inside Garden which i think looks cool...

Anyway, any way you think i could improve it? post away, i have to go to work now, so i'll be able to make the changes, and upload more pics tomorrow after school... bleh... school YAY

Corrie

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Advertisement
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:22 AM
I have realised this... :P
and since then removed a ton of them... yeah, it was making my game loop out too much so i decided to remove them... haha...
Thanks lew

My Alter Ego's

Theorist
#3 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:26 AM
It sure looks pretty and interesting.
But there's so much space. I'd never ever make houses that big, even for 8-sim families. xD
Also, can you take a closer picture of the game room? I need to see the bar area and stuff. Because bars are really annoying if they aren't placed right.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:29 AM
here ya go Zinthos

I do still need to recolour it, and add the chairs... but im off to work now, so I'll be back later...

My Alter Ego's

Theorist
#5 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:31 AM
That looks really good.
I can't see anything wrong with it, so we'll just have to wait until WWW comes around nitpicking.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:32 AM
haha

good ol' WWW...

My Alter Ego's

Instructor
#7 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:36 AM
I LOVE it its just amazing!
I agree about the plants, my game would go kerBOOM

I loooove the big windows and views and its so open and !

I thinnkk there are too many bathrooms... 7 for 4 people??
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th May 2009 at 11:55 AM
The builing from the outside is fantstic - apart from the shrubs, which has already been mentioned. Can we see a picture of how it looks now you've removed a whole load of them, please?

This house yells PARTIES! at me, so on that basis I don't think that there are too many bathrooms. Gotta love those Simimies and their terlet obsession! Anyway, I count 3 double bedrooms so that's a possiblity of 6 Sims, plus the single room and the nursery. Are toilets useable when they are placed diagonally?

I do, however, think there are some quite a lot of narrow traffic spaces and potential Sim traps, especially around the kitchen area.

You need to clean up those surplus floor tiles on the outside of your balcony near the single bedroom.

What size lot is this on?
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:09 PM

Im not too sure if it looks any different, but it doesn't lag my computer anymore. So its an improvement.

Im pretty sure that toilets are usable on a diagonal angle, and as for the lot size, it's 4x5

My Alter Ego's

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:23 PM
I'd still reduce the number of shrubs and plants - leave some open space. Usually for landscaping, I start by placing whatever trees I'm going to do, and then cluster high shrubs around that, medium shrubs a little further, and ground cover/flowers, so it kind of has a "step down" effect from the tree to the ground. Work in oblongs and loose wobbly L-shapes and such, not just circles. If you use the garden dirt under all of it, it looks very realistic.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Zombie Socks
#11 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:39 PM
I think that while the bushes in front are a key part of the look of the house (it gives it a kind of overgrown-lab-in-the-jungle type feel) the plants are going to slow down or crash slower games. My suggestion would be to leave the plants in the front (still taking out as many as possible without having to sacrifice the overall look) but to remove all of them from the back and sides of the house.

For the back, instead put in a patio or something that doesn't rely so much on plants. The house as a whole looks pretty nice, though! Good layout, good colors. There are several minor things that might need to be changed but try focusing on the plant problem first.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th May 2009 at 4:36 PM
I agree - you still need to lose a lot more of those shrubs. HP's landscaping suggestions are pretty much how I approach landscaping too.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:51 AM
I'm going to remove the whole lot, and use minimal landscaping, the downloaders can add it in if thats what they want...

My Alter Ego's

Anime Addict
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th May 2009 at 12:01 PM

hopefully this one is better...

EDIT: I just looked at it for a while, and the hedges in the group on the right side will have to go...

My Alter Ego's

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#15 Old 12th May 2009 at 12:52 PM
Other than that the quality of the design itself is worth may be a C+ at best, several flaws jump out: First, you've apparently placed a multi-tile object, the Grand Piano, diagonally. Don't do this. Multi-tile objects placed diagonally become completely messed up, exhibiting errors and footprint malfunction, and are thus only usable as display pieces in areas sims cannot physically access. And TV in a bedroom? You must be crazy. At least section off the TV with floor dividers so its use will not disturb sims in the bedroom.

The landscaping is a bit much. People with less than overclocked 5 GHz systems and powerful graphics cards are going to feel the pain.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anime Addict
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:03 PM
J. M. Pescado

I have completely re-done the outside landscaping. As seen in my post just above your one :p

But, as for the piano, i had no idea that it would do something like that, i shall change it right away... Thanks for the Warning. as for the TV, I have not got the correct EP/SP installed for the dividers, or i would have used it...
Thanks again...

My Alter Ego's

Instructor
#17 Old 12th May 2009 at 11:11 PM
I liked the version with the low plants, as the high fence and high trees seem a little blocked off and make it look further away.. the low plants were welcoming and made it look much nicer. Maybe try something with lower level plants, like before, but not so MANY! :P
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th May 2009 at 11:26 PM
It looks a bit like a military installation with the high wall. I think it looks better with the low plants - but fewer than you had before.
Theorist
#19 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:09 AM
The left side (looking on to it left) should have more landscaping, and then the right is space for a driveway/an area to have a water balloon fight. Because people will want that.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info