Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 11:23 PM Last edited by CynicalLove : 18th Mar 2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: title wasnt working
Default Awesome Tribal Tattoos rejected?
I made this using someone elses skin tone, and put tattoos over the top of it. The tattoos obviosly are supposed to be all black, because thats just their design. But it said it was reject because the tattoos are all black and have no texture. But their not supposed to have any texture!
Their tribal tattoos, supposed to be all black and no texture.
I have pictures of them, i hope they show up.
Screenshots

Αλλαγή για κανένα.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 11:31 PM
Did you include about the texture in the thread that went with the download, and remember even those dark tribal tattoo's have SOME texture, see what you can do about that, then be sure to included about the lack of texture later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 11:48 PM
The tattoos do have SOME texture, their not pure black. But if you add anymore texture to it, it won't look like its supposed to, its a solid tattoo.

Αλλαγή για κανένα.
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 11:54 PM
I really have no idea what this is about. It's obvious they look how they're supposed to and having texture would kind of defeat the purpose. Try putting some light shading on them anyway and see how they turn out.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 11:55 PM
Thank you, WWW, i will try that :]

Αλλαγή για κανένα.
Zombie Socks
#6 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 12:25 AM
By the way (since I forgot to mention before) those designs are beautiful! Are they custom made?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 12:45 AM
Best way to do tattoos (besides using Morague's skin overlays - which is THE best way since they can be used on any skintone) is slightly transparent - lay the textures over the skintone at about an 85% opacity - that way, any shading and highlighting can show through. I'd also suggest using a very very dark grey-blue instead of an actual pure black. The issue is not so much "they need texture" exactly but that they need to look more like an actual tattoo and not just flat black (and even then, you would never want to use pure black in TS2 - it doesn't reflect light at all). Tattoos are never purely black (at least, not on pale skin anyway) and always take on the shading and highlighting of the skin they are on, so a bit of lowered opacity and a dark grey-blue would make them look more realistic and like actual tattoos rather than like black paint on the skin.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 8:55 PM
I used the designs my mom uses (shes a tattoo artist) and looked at those, i didnt make up the design myself, but i put them on.
thank you for the compliment :]

Αλλαγή για κανένα.
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 8:27 AM
HP is right, and I do the same thing when editing on tattoo's lol

But I have another tip!

Try using a dark gray with a bit of white on the outer edges. If you have photoshop Stroke does a great job of that. And if you have photoshop or are using paint.net you can put the tattoo's on multiply to get the color to kinda look molded to the skin. Also try blurring the tattoo's slightly, on normal skin the edges are never that crisp because the skin isn't that smooth.

The tattoo designs are awesome tho!
Locked thread | Locked by: lidiqnata Reason: useful comments