Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Julia24725 : 11th Mar 2009 at 2:09 AM.
Are my Sims good enough for MTS?
Hey guys,

I have a question. Someone in another german forum did send me a PM about uploading my Sims to download.

But I have my doubts if they're really good enough for MTS.
I would really like to know if my Sims are worth as a download or not.

Here're examples:

[IMG][/IMG]

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 2:11 AM
hmmm, that one's actually quite unique. Could we see her without any custom content, and how much of the custom content did you make yourself?

Edit: Ok, now there's more than one. both are pretty unique, but you have to have made most of the custom content yourself, and the face shape has to be unique without the custom stuff. How do yours look with all maxis content?

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Julia24725 : 11th Mar 2009 at 2:28 AM.
Tbh, I have nothing made by myself. I even don't have photoshop on my Computer.
What I love to do is create Sims, though unfortunately with stuff made by others, sorry...

I will show you how they look without custom content soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 2:22 AM
Here you can find all my other Sims: http://www.simforum.de/showthread.p...920#post3500920

And here's another Sim:

But you're right, without making any stuff by myself I don't belong here...Maybe I should go to DL Muslow or something like that...^^
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 2:28 AM
Never said you don't belong here, your sims are pretty darn excellent, i didn't mean to scare you away. You might be able to get away with it for really excellent sims like yours. Do you by any chance do celebrity sims or sims based of book/movie/etc characters?

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 2:37 AM Last edited by Julia24725 : 11th Mar 2009 at 3:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
Never said you don't belong here, your sims are pretty darn excellent, i didn't mean to scare you away. You might be able to get away with it for really excellent sims like yours. Do you by any chance do celebrity sims or sims based of book/movie/etc characters?

No, I for myself think that without making any stuff by myself I'm not sure if I belong here.
I mean I can try to make stuff by myself, I need to get this photoshop.

Thanks for the compliment. I love to create beautiful Sims, but I also know that it's not everybody's taste how I make them.

Yeah, I have made a few celebrities, but my problem was that I've always made them even more pretty, like making the nose smaller for example.^^
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Julia24725
No, I for myself think that without making any stuff by myself I'm not sure if I belong here.
I mean I can try to make stuff by myself, I need to get this photoshop.

Thanks for the compliment. I love to create beautiful Sims, but I also know that it's not everybody's taste how I make them.

Yeah, I have made a few celebrities, but my problem was that I've always made them even more pretty, like making the nose smaller for example.^^

Well, I am sure I have seen sims here that had CC not created by the sims creator, but there are a lot of places that may be happy to have you as a member, just a couple, to name some, AnnoSims and SimsDivine, if you can't get em uploaded here, although I think they are really good...good luck.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:15 AM
You don't need Photoshop to make stuff - just a decent graphics editor. Photoshop is a good one, but there's all kinds of other ones available, including free ones like GIMP and Paint.NET. We've got tutorials on making sim-related content in all three of those, plus some assorted ones for other programs.

For all sims uploaded to the "other" category - that is, sims that are not based on a real person or character - we do require that you make custom content for that sim, and that the content contributes to the unique overall look of the sim (if you can remove it or switch it out for another equivalent item and still have basically the same sim, it doesn't meet the criteria). While that can be tough for some people, we already have a -buttload- of "other" sims, and, to be honest, another-pretty-sim is really something that most people can make without much trouble.

Your sims are nice, but the faces really seem fairly... simple to me, honestly - what do they look like when you take off all the custom content? They all look a lot like variations on the first two face templates with a little tweaking here and there, plus a bunch of custom content. There's a lot of great tips from a lot of different simmers here, on creating unique sims: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...p:Creating_Sims ... not specifically about your own custom content, just getting interesting, unusual faces. They can still be pretty, just... might stretch your sim-creation beyond those template faces plus tweaks.

Give the creating content a try too - it's surprisingly fun.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:26 AM Last edited by Julia24725 : 12th Mar 2009 at 3:45 AM.
Okay. But don't the majority want pretty Sims? I mean, when I look for a download Sim, the first thing I look is if the one is pretty...pretty and unique.
And about the Sims I have made so far, I think they look all different, also the facial structure.
I understand what you mean HystericalParoxysm, and as John already said, there are a few other places who would be happy to get a few pretty Sims, so I think I will do my job there (even though I like MTS more^^)
And I will learn to create stuff by myself soon, I promise!

Anyway, thanks for your opinions here.
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:29 AM
Well, a lot of people do like pretty sims, but the idea (at least in my opinion) is not just to create a pretty sim but to create a really unique, interesting face too. Most people don't want to play with fugly sims, but personally I'd prefer most of my sims to look rather like real people - not stunningly beautiful, some prettier than others, some a bit more plain, etc...

I guess my main point though is that sims can have really interesting, unique face shapes -and- still be pretty. I honestly don't see all that much unique in the way your sims' faces are shaped - as I said, they seem to closely resemble the first two template faces. Not identical to those, certainly - there are some obvious differences, both between the templates and your sims, and between each of your sims, but I think if you went further with your face sculpting using some of the tips on the page I linked to, plus made your own custom content, your sims would be that much nicer.

I think kamikitten is a good example of the kind of thing I mean - her "other" sims are almost universally good-looking and attractive, but also very interesting and have something unusual about their face shape, on top of her creating nice content for them.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:49 AM
That is true, I love Kamikittens Sims as well.
Thank you for your honesty and critisim, Hysterical Paroxysm.
Tomorrow I will try to make another Sim, who is pretty but more interesting and unique. Hopefully that Sim will be better, I will post it then here.

Well, at least it's good to hear that my Sims would get rejected because they're too pretty...:D
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:52 AM
Too pretty isn't really grounds for rejection - just not your own unique content and a unique face sculpt.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 5:02 AM
Lol, yeah I know.^^
And actually it's pretty stupid to have only beautiful Sims in your game, with big eyes, full lips and small noses, though unfortunately that was always the first thing I did when creating a Sim, meh...

I hope I will not disappoint you with my new Sims, but I promise that I will try my best.

Thank you for your time!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Julia24725 : 12th Mar 2009 at 1:44 AM.
So here's my new Sim-Lady, Mia:

Hysterical Paroxysm and all you other Sweethearts, I hope you like her and that she's more unique than the other ones!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 4:10 PM
Is she really that bad? I need feedback on her, thanks.
Instructor
#16 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 5:05 PM
She's pretty realistic and I'd say that her face shape is also extraordinary enough with her interesting eyes and lips. I think I don't need to add that she's a real beauty , even though I personally don't like the haircut.
Keep in mind that you have to create some new custom content for her to be uploaded.
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 6:20 PM
I like the shape of her lips and nose, though I am curious what she looks like with no custom content. I find it's really helpful in identifying what makes a sim unique, to see them "bare"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 7:24 PM
Thank you both for your critisim.

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I like the shape of her lips and nose, though I am curious what she looks like with no custom content.

Okay, but how can I do that when she's already in the game? :confused:

As you can see, I am really stupid when it's comes to computers...

EDIT: I have already people who want to download her, though I still don't know where I should upload my Sims.
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 7:42 PM
Export her with SimPE - open her up in Sim Surgery, export her appearance so you can have her in Body Shop (which you would need to do anyway if you wanted to share her), and then open Body Shop and take off her custom content. Also take out any defaults you may be using on her like eyes or skin.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Export her with SimPE - open her up in Sim Surgery, export her appearance so you can have her in Body Shop (which you would need to do anyway if you wanted to share her), and then open Body Shop and take off her custom content. Also take out any defaults you may be using on her like eyes or skin.

Okay, thank you so much.

So I díd install SIM PE etc, and everything was fine, but when I started it a Warning appeared, which said:

"Sim PE detected a new Expansion Pack for "The Sims 2". This Sim PE Version does only work with Game Version up to The Sims Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff". Newer Games Files might cause Errors when opened with this Version of SimPE!
(For more Informations........etc)

It didn't bother me until I couldn't find the Neighbourhood "Belladonna Cave".
Well, "Belladonna Cave" is the Neighbourhood where all my Sims live, including (unfortunately) Mia, the Sim I wanted to export to the Body Shop.

So what can I do now? Is it possible that I can export Mia in another Neighbourhood then?
Sorry, but I have no idea what to do next...?

EDIT: by the way, it's also the newest version (o,68) of SimPE I have downloaded.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Julia24725
EDIT: by the way, it's also the newest version (o,68) of SimPE I have downloaded.

The current version is 0.72 and is AL compatible. You probably downloaded from the german site which is hopelessly out of date.

This is where the current stuff is: http://sims.ambertation.de/en/

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The current version is 0.72 and is AL compatible. You probably downloaded from the german site which is hopelessly out of date.

This is where the current stuff is: http://sims.ambertation.de/en/

Oh, thank you so much! Yeah, I was on the german site and there I could only find the 0,68 version...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:21 AM
So, I made it, this is Mia without any Custom Content:

She looks so ugly as a pure Maxi-Sim...

Oh and, YES, the eyes are the green Maxi-Eyes, though unfortunately they got overwritten somehow because of my lots of downloads...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 3:06 AM
What do you think about Mia without CC?

Oh, and here's my new try on a guy, Robert:

And here almost without CC (The eyes are the same)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 3:20 AM
I've changed his mouth and nose a little bit:

Locked thread | Locked by: lidiqnata Reason: useful last comment
Page 1 of 2