Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default will Sims 2 / university work on the Acer Predator G3 gaming PC with windows 10
MY older PC took a dump. so I bought a brand new gaming PC is there going to be any issues loading all the Sims 2 games on my new Acer PC? it has windows ten installed. will windows 10 screw with the game? I ask because my old PC had like windows 7 it was way old LOL
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 1:22 AM
Some of us use Win10 fine with the game - others do have problems. I've moved this to the Help section - you should find more help there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:08 AM
A week or so ago I bookmarked a tumblr post explaining how to tell if your new machine could handle the game, or not. I don't know if it's possible for somebody else to use my bookmark, but let's find out:
https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/10.../?bookmark=true
If you can't, the title of the post is How to: Make sure your new PC can play Sims 2
And the original poster is celebkiriedhel.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:49 AM
gfourlife, I've recently bought an Acer Predator 15 running W10 and Sims 2 with all EPs/SPs works fine on it. I had to do the same fiddling with settings to force the game to use the graphics card rather than the integrated chip that was needed in W7, and also update the config files to give me full resolution options, but now it's running with little to no issues (other than the odd mod conflict, that is!).

Personally, I'd say "give it a try". If you have graphic issues after installing, go here and grab the updated config files from the thread relevant to your game. Be sure to read the instructions for installing the new files though, it's not as simple as installing CC

Good luck!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:45 AM
I hop there no issues? so far base game and university seams to work. will slowly load the rest. do they need to be loaded in a certain order? IE 1 disk before the next. or just load them any disk then grab another to load. been a while since I loaded any game disk.
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 6:55 AM
They dont need to be loaded in order but it is a good idea to and dont forget to run each patch after you install each EP and SPs that need them
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 4:27 PM
Thank you Fearless Butterfly for reminding me about the patches! I'd forgotten about requiring the Grumpy Loader to install some of them... but again, that's only needed IF you're having trouble. And yes, using that did work for me!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:38 AM
thanks every one for the help! so fare uploaded all of them but pets. can't seam to find were I put that one. but only apartment life needed to be auto up dated. do to it having a older patch not needed. do to me buying a newer made version of that disk. when the older disk got scratched some how. so far works good. but have not yet put back on any custom content . fingers crossed that will not mess it up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:59 PM
well loaded on custom content. game is still working. but it's spring time in my game and I still see the penguin walking around. lol. cant fully load my old saved back up. till I find my CD of Pets. my trash cans on house lots are now invisible.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:15 PM
That penguin comes and goes as he pleases in my game - I think he likes fish.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:10 PM
OK new issue. when I click on a house. that was say on MTS for downloading in to my game the blue simbull comes up. I click it. it reads like. are you sure you wish to put this custom content in your game. so I say yes. then it reads this content was successfully loaded to your Sims 2 game. but When I boot the game up to play it. the houses are not there. to click on and place on a lot space of land.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That penguin comes and goes as he pleases in my game - I think he likes fish.

ya may be the bus from the norther pole showed up early . bus driver has a lead foot. LOL
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gfourlife
OK new issue. when I click on a house. that was say on MTS for downloading in to my game the blue simbull comes up. I click it. it reads like. are you sure you wish to put this custom content in your game. so I say yes. then it reads this content was successfully loaded to your Sims 2 game. but When I boot the game up to play it. the houses are not there. to click on and place on a lot space of land.

Are there any files left in your Teleport folder?

Also, if you're not using it, try using Clean Installer rather than the in-game installer.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:05 AM

Also, if you're not using it, try using Clean Installer rather than the in-game installer.

I have clean installer. where do I find my teleport file and what am I looking for in there?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:13 AM
It's a subfolder in your MyDocuments/EAGames/TheSims2 folder and if it has anything in it, those are your lots. If it's empty, either the lots are loaded and you just couldn't find them, or they didn't get installed properly.

If you're using Clean Installer, you can tell it which folder to install into. If the lots got sent anywhere except the Teleport folder, they won't appear in the game, so make sure that's where you're sending them.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:13 AM
Users\[username]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport

Delete any files that are in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:28 AM

OK I clicked teleport file it's empty.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:30 AM
so now the question is were did they go to??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:46 AM
I just tried it . it read. in the blue box. do you want to install the fallowing content. i clicked install . it read Sims 2 Content installer. this custom content was successfully installed. but I cant find it. in the game under lots and houses.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:22 AM
Blue box? You're still using the EA installer, which turns everything into gobbledygook and is generally up to no good.

Tell the machine to install Sims2Paks with Clean Installer by default. You'll get a white pop-up with a number of options. You can see and accept or refuse any CC packaged in the lot, direct it to load the file in a certain directory, take the furniture out of a furnished house, etc.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Blue box? You're still using the EA installer, which turns everything into gobbledygook and is generally up to no good.

Tell the machine to install Sims2Paks with Clean Installer by default. You'll get a white pop-up with a number of options. You can see and accept or refuse any CC packaged in the lot, direct it to load the file in a certain directory, take the furniture out of a furnished house, etc.
\
how do I tell Tell the machine to install Sims2Paks with Clean Installer? what steps do I need to do?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:36 PM
I've never used Win10, but in older versions you could right-click a file in the file browser and get options. If you chose to Open With.../ or Install With.../ a program, you'd get a pop-up asking if you wanted to make that program the default for performing that operation with this file type. So see if you can get similar options in yours.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:25 PM
The Clean Installer should be used by default if you have installed it.
I use Windows 10 as well, have the UC, no problems at all with it (or Clean Installer either).

Perhaps just run the Clean Installer by checking your downloads folder - see if it works after that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:16 AM
OK Clean Installer is now for sure installed on my new PC. I retried to upload a House using clean installer. siad it installed Gallegos\documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Teloport\.
this custom content was installed but I still can't find it in game? where did it really send it?. FYI I am playing the game as PC user # 2 IE not on the admend side of PC. do's that matter.

oh and some times the game crashes when the witch shows up. is that do to me not installing all disk in a certain order?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:37 AM
OK Clean Installer is now for sure installed on my new PC. I retried to upload a House using clean installer. siad it installed Gallegos\documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Teloport\.
this custom content was installed but I still can't find it in game? where did it really send it?. FYI I am playing the game as PC user # 2 IE not on the admend side of PC. do's that matter.

oh and some times the game crashes when the witch shows up. is that do to me not installing all disk in a certain order? I just downloaded a Sims on Clean Installer that works but not house's .
Page 1 of 2