Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 3:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Open for Business, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Double Deluxe gets Stuck During Dowload
Every time I go to install my game, it gets stuck at five percent and says some files, Which has support/*.* as the file, and it says there was an error and asks If I'd like to retry, and when I do retry it won't work. Any advice?
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:52 PM
Moved to Sims 2 Help since Creator Issues is for private discussion between creators and moderators about uploaded items.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:07 PM
Are you using discs or digital download?

For discs, try the suggestions here:
Game Help:Installwiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Are you using discs or digital download?

For discs, try the suggestions here:
Game Help:Installwiki

I tried doing the things in the game help, but it seems yet another file is corrupted. I guess it's time to just let the game go. Thanks for the help!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 1:30 AM
@Zoefoxz I would suggest you get Origin and ask Origin chat for the UC. That's all EP's and SP's for free, they still give it out, although sometimes you may have to be persistent. Take a photo of your game cover and code to show them. Unless you are on a notebook or something similar its far better to have all EP's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 1:33 AM
another thing to try (if disc format) might be to copy the disc's files & folders to somewhere the hard drive. for files/folders that do not copy, compress with WinZIP then extract to the proper locations.
if that does not work, might save enough money for a new disc.

or if the game was digital download, might re-download then go through the installation process again.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:39 AM
I think that Zoefoxz may have tried that @mdsb759 as that was suggested in the Install guide I linked to.