Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 10:26 PM
Yeah, I suppose...I tend to play with very poor founders and very small lots too.

By the way, could you please refrain from quoting the entire first post?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 11:02 AM
ooh, this looks interesting I have a question- are seasons players allowed to edit the seasons seeing as they may have a disadvantage with people freezing to death, getting heatstroke and so on? I think as veg patches aren't allowed it woudln't make too much difference, but obviously it is up to you...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Algalara
ooh, this looks interesting I have a question- are seasons players allowed to edit the seasons seeing as they may have a disadvantage with people freezing to death, getting heatstroke and so on? I think as veg patches aren't allowed it woudln't make too much difference, but obviously it is up to you...

For the sake of pure fairness, yes, you may do so. But if you really like a challenge, I would say you could leave them be :D

EDIT: I have also edited the rules so that you can't have fall ^_~
#54 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 2:09 AM
Update with Mr. Clark Kent --

He had a very rough start, and nearly froze during winter, however the creek on his tiny patch of ground was very nice for catching fish. The shoes were also good for selling

He had nabbed a book from his bookcase and an old violin that was his mother's, and thus spent a great deal of time at the local park busking and making friends.

He struck up a conversation with a well-dressed young man and they hit it off like fire on tar. Day after day, Clark would come and play his violin, and the young man would give him generous tips, and after playing, Clark would make burgers on the park's grille and each would chat about their interests. Clark was hugely interested in Cooking; The young man was fascinated with astronomy and the stars and all things scientific.

Well, one thing led to another and they fell in love (I did NOT plan that, Clark gave the young man a spontaneous big squeezy hug when after they'd become BFFs and well. The young man was instantly smitten and kissed Clark, who returned the emotion.) Each has three bolts with the other! I was shocked.

And it just had to be Lex Luthor who was his true love... I laughed so hard! Well, Clark proposed, and they got married. They now live in Lex's mansion.

---

This was a very fun challenge, and it was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be--especially during winter.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:03 PM
Oh, how nice XD Seems the Mister isn't all that torn up about being thrown out, is he?

By the way...you weren't exactly supposed to have a creek. XD
#56 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 2:29 AM
Oh! This is a great challenge. I also, most of the time enjoy struggling for money without using any cheats, but this is specially hard. I think I'll give it a try. I only have one question though, and forgive my ignorance, but, why is fall not allowed? Is it because of the lightning? Are we allowed to have a pot-making station and sell the crafted items?
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 10:34 AM
*headesk* I completely failed at this challenge- my guy moved in his girlfriend who had 17,000 in the bank, so I decided to try and aim for 30,000- then the girlfriend sneaks off to work when I'm not looking, a chancecard pops up, and I, stupidly, pick a random answer instead of ignoring it, and they ended up with 65000 or so! Oh well, I may try again sometime
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Algalara
*headesk* I completely failed at this challenge- my guy moved in his girlfriend who had 17,000 in the bank, so I decided to try and aim for 30,000- then the girlfriend sneaks off to work when I'm not looking, a chancecard pops up, and I, stupidly, pick a random answer instead of ignoring it, and they ended up with 65000 or so! Oh well, I may try again sometime

XD Well, luck was completely against you - or for you, depending on how you look at it!

@meliruiz00, Fall is not permitted because of how quickly skill points are earned, which would then dramatically open up chances to earn more money.
Also, you can have the crafting table as long as it is less than 6 tiles total and you have enough space for it. It's not especially portable, but, well. I think the badges are hard enough to earn when the sim is happy, much less when he/she is in comfort failure most of the time! XD Really, it depends on how much of a challenge you want.
#59 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yinakori
Oh, how nice XD Seems the Mister isn't all that torn up about being thrown out, is he?

By the way...you weren't exactly supposed to have a creek. XD

No creek? Doh! Well, he didn't do anything with the fish. In fact he still has them in his inventory.

And, he only got one boot! (It's now mounted on the wall.)
Instructor
#60 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 1:20 AM
this sounds awesome- gonna make my character tonight! (I needed a refreshing change of pace, hehe)

I have a few quick questions

1) You say we can have 6 tiles worth of portable objects in our inventory. Does this mean they are kept in our inventory and we carry them around? Or can we put them on the lot?

2) Do we buy the objects before or after depleting our funds to 100$?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chnnature
I have a few quick questions

1) You say we can have 6 tiles worth of portable objects in our inventory. Does this mean they are kept in our inventory and we carry them around? Or can we put them on the lot?

2) Do we buy the objects before or after depleting our funds to 100$?

1) Well, if you have inventory, you must keep them there. Otherwise, keep them on the lot.
2) Depends on what objects. If you're talking about the phone for taxi, then yes. If you're talking about any extra items you buy, do that after depleting funds.
Instructor
#62 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:16 AM
1) Well, if you have inventory, you must keep them there. Otherwise, keep them on the lot.
2) Depends on what objects. If you're talking about the phone for taxi, then yes. If you're talking about any extra items you buy, do that after depleting funds.

gotchya- thanks!
Scholar
#63 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:29 AM
This looks like fun but I don't think I'll attempt it. I'll probably go stark screaming mad, and I like my sanity. :P

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
This looks like fun but I don't think I'll attempt it. I'll probably go stark screaming mad, and I like my sanity. :P

See, I didn't have much to begin with, that's why I tried it out...

I guess my sadistic side was in control when I decided to share this little slice of insanity with the world.
Alchemist
#65 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 6:39 AM
Ellatrue's poverty challenge was excellent, but got unwieldy while she tried to allow for all the EP changes. This is a good take on that idea, with a more specific theme and shorter time period. Thanks for sharing it!
#66 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 3:35 AM
can free time owners use the computer Mr.Humble gives you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cow_lover_9
can free time owners use the computer Mr.Humpler or whatever gives you?

No, they cannot. Hobos don't have electricity XD

You must sell it BEFORE reducing funds to 100. Alternatively, you may keep it in your inventory for after you become non-hobo, but cannot use it.
#68 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 5:35 PM
No, they cannot. Hobos don't have electricity XD

You must sell it BEFORE reducing funds to 100. Alternatively, you may keep it in your inventory for after you become non-hobo, but cannot use it.

lol good point. XD
Forum Resident
#69 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 6:38 PM
This sounds fun, thanks for posting it

One question, is spending Lifetime Aspiration Benefits allowed? To make needs decay slower, etc... I figured they wouldn't be but wanted to ask.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
This sounds fun, thanks for posting it

One question, is spending Lifetime Aspiration Benefits allowed? To make needs decay slower, etc... I figured they wouldn't be but wanted to ask.

No, that would be a bit unfair. Particularly the decays. If I could, I would have not let hobbying at all, to prevent "in the zone" usage, but that's not very possible or practical (plus it might exclude certain moneymaking methods).
Forum Resident
#71 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 7:46 PM
No, that would be a bit unfair. Particularly the decays. If I could, I would have not let hobbying at all, to prevent "in the zone" usage, but that's not very possible or practical (plus it might exclude certain moneymaking methods).

Yeah, I figured. Worth a try though, eh? :nod:

As soon as I get through with my current asylum I will definitely be trying this out. I'm a tad bit worried though because I miserably failed the Poverty Challenge. :P
#72 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 11:57 PM
does any1 have tips on how to make enough mony to buy an eisle? Free style for tips?
Site Helper
#73 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:47 PM
That would eventually work, although expect a lot of razzing first. Tend bar, or be the DJ would work too.

If you have a community lot with a pool table you can try hustling pool, although that is a gamble. Practice trick shots for a few days first.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#74 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:44 PM
I've never played a challenge before, but this will be my first. Can't wait to go home and create my homeless! I've been looking foward to something different.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#75 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 4:13 AM
Good luck with your sim, Akire.

cow_lover_9: You could do that, but without many Creativity points, it may not work as well as some of the other options.
Page 3 of 11